Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

Among other things, all the callbacks to Ultron (a joint Tony and Bruce failure, though Tony usually gets most of the blame) as a misguided attempt to fend off those future threats. Most of the movies after AoU were part of the fallout of having to clean up that mess, and they loved throwing that in Tony's face. Bruce's 'merged' persona was clearly putting on a phony happy face. And Steve was motivated all along by his regret over the life he thought he'd left behind, and ultimately chose to return to. They pulled together in the end to do the right thing but they all clearly recognized their time was properly coming to an end. Bruce, at least, seems to be okay with sticking around in a consulting/assisting role, though.

Yeah that's one of those "oh, riight" insights. It's not subtle about it at all really. Like when cap a says "this is going to work because it has to". And in the end they just barely stop making things infinitely worse lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
AoU was just them cleaning up their own massive mistake, IW was a straight-up loss, and Endgame was a barely-eked out Pyrrhic victory.

And Tony literally invented time travel in less than a day which, no way does that have consequences down the line lmao

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

Among other things, all the callbacks to Ultron (a joint Tony and Bruce failure, though Tony usually gets most of the blame) as a misguided attempt to fend off those future threats. Most of the movies after AoU were part of the fallout of having to clean up that mess, and they loved throwing that in Tony's face. Bruce's 'merged' persona was clearly putting on a phony happy face. And Steve was motivated all along by his regret over the life he thought he'd left behind, and ultimately chose to return to. They pulled together in the end to do the right thing but they all clearly recognized their time was properly coming to an end. Bruce, at least, seems to be okay with sticking around in a consulting/assisting role, though.

Thor's having fun traveling with the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Yeah it's only Chris Evans and Robert Downy Jr who wanted out. The film focusses on them so the story is about letting go and moving on, but everyone else is around in some form.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Alchenar posted:

Yeah it's only Chris Evans and Robert Downy Jr who wanted out. The film focusses on them so the story is about letting go and moving on, but everyone else is around in some form.

oddly though, Chris Evans left a backdoor for him to show up if he changes his mind. I feel like he just needed a break.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Mooseontheloose posted:

oddly though, Chris Evans left a backdoor for him to show up if he changes his mind. I feel like he just needed a break.

I know Covid hosed up their release schedule but it's funny that he was gone for a whopping one whole MCU movie before there were reports of him coming back

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

If they really want to bring anyone back they can, there are no rules in this universe that can't be broken.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Mooseontheloose posted:

Multiverse is a thing now, so if they feel like they can bring back this very popular actor.

btw I read around that RDJ is or was still sporting his Tony Stark beard, so many are suspecting he was (or is) filming for the TV shows or the movies.
Edit: He has a role in Black Widow's movie, there were rumors he was gonna have a come back as an hologram (think of new Jarvis but is now Tony). And of course, flashbacks can totally going to be a thing. And yes, I can see Chris Evans and RDJ back for Dr. Strange's movie.

Desperado Bones fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Feb 2, 2021

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Desperado Bones posted:

Multiverse is a thing now, so if they feel like they can bring back this very popular actor.

btw I read around that RDJ is or was still sporting his Tony Stark beard, so many are suspecting he was (or is) filming for the TV shows or the movies.
Edit: He has a role in Black Widow's movie, there were rumors he was gonna have a come back as an hologram (think of new Jarvis but is now Tony). And of course, flashbacks can totally going to be a thing. And yes, I can see Chris Evans and RDJ back for Dr. Strange's movie.

Looming forward to more Hayley Atwell as Captain Britain.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Kang turns out to be a alternative universe Tony that invented Tine Travel.

But he's voiced by Tony Todd until the reveal.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/status/1356738576055037952?s=20

It's probably going to be Dr. Strange.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
It’s Luke Skywalker.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I hope it's James Spader.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

wanda recreates the cast of the beloved kids movie she watched as a child, Toy Story

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Nah, since this show leads to Dr. Strange's next movie, I think people are expecting him.

I'd say it's either Fassbender or McKellan as Magneto or Jackman.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Phylodox posted:

It’s Luke Skywalker.

much like Spider-man, the Star Wars movie franchise will be saved by incorporating it into the MCU

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Codependent Poster posted:

Nah, since this show leads to Dr. Strange's next movie, I think people are expecting him.

I'm down to see McKellan play Jackman.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Desperado Bones posted:

Riri Williams' Ironheart armour has a Tony Stark AI.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

It's the multiverse!

David Hasselhoff's Nick Fury

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Azhais posted:

It's the multiverse!

David Hasselhoff's Nick Fury

Wait, Ego survived?!?

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Mooseontheloose posted:

I mean its interesting right: Cap, Tony, Wanda, Banner, Black Widow, and bucky clearly all have unresolved trauma and they'd rather punch their feelings away. But with Wanda, Cap of all people should of known better and got her help.

In some ways it's not even that. Sure, Wanda (and all of the Avengers, really) could have done with some therapy. But her biggest issue is she's never even once experienced anything that we as Americans would consider to be a normal life. She grew up in Sokovia in a war zone. Not a bad neighborhood, but an actual loving "failed state" war zone. The she got recruited and experimented on by HYDRA. Then she became a hench-villain for a robot. Then she lost her brother and joined the Avengers. Then she became a fugitive and also the girlfriend of a robot. Then, after watching that robot die twice (once killing him herself) she died. And came back to life and helped save the universe three weeks ago.

Figure the only time Wanda saw normal people in their natural environment was on missions with the Avengers.

Meanwhile, I also kind of feel bad for Monica. Because you just know somebody at the SWORD base has grabbed pics/video of her as 70s sassy black chick. Some you know that poo poo's going to go around the SWORD inframail for a while.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Deadpool.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

will show up in the 80s episode with a bea arthur wig

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I got kinda bored and apparently there's a ton of canonical therapists in the comics https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/a-guide-to-marvel-s-mental-health-practitioners

Probably not ideal to introduce Dr. Voodoo anymore

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Huh, I thought Voodoo was just a regular MD, not a shrink.

Honestly, Faustus, Moonstone and Samson are the main ones in that list that show up with any regularity, and the first two could conceivably show up in a future MCU thing (Moonstone's kinda shifted gears to being loosely a Captain Marvel villain and she wouldn't be a bad choice for a villain in CM2). I suppose you could have Samson in She-Hulk as her therapist.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Samson was already in Incredible Hulk, for however much that's worth.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
I like Moonstone a lot because "villainous therapist" is a neat angle, but also I don't want to villainize therapists

my browser's spellcheck does not recognize the word villainize

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Who’s the therapist from the famous Quicksilver therapy session? Bring them in?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/FlREWALKWITHJOE/status/1356771943786102785

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

I bet its Quicksilver. Either one.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's a half hour show, my god

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Mooseontheloose posted:

I bet its Quicksilver. Either one.

Quicksilver is a bit expected because of certain actor everyone knows was cast, so it wouldn't be that of a shocking surprise. I'm guessing is someone else, and I hope we all go crazy about it.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Klungar posted:

Who’s the therapist from the famous Quicksilver therapy session? Bring them in?

That was Doc Samson. No one remembers him from the Incredible Hulk movie since it was before he got powers and it's no one watches that movie since it's not on Disney Plus with the rest of them.

It wouldn't hurt them to recast if they can't get Ty Burrell back.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Stuart as Professor X

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Chiklis as Ben Grimm

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Spiderverse Miles Morales

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

bentacos posted:

Chiklis as Ben Grimm

Unreleased Fantastic Four movie cast.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Karla Soften AKA Moonstone is a therapist. I am am thinking she'll be the villain of Captain Marvel 2 so a good place to introduce her and set in that she desires powers.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

twistedmentat posted:

Karla Soften AKA Moonstone is a therapist. I am am thinking she'll be the villain of Captain Marvel 2 so a good place to introduce her and set in that she desires powers.

That's a good guess but I feel like with the way it's kind of being hyped up, it's going to be a character that would be familiar to movie watchers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidcowfromhell
Dec 27, 2004

Remember Iowa
It's gonna be a poorly deep-faked Stan Lee