Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Hi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Please accept this picture of Ushi in the cat apartment, guarding the essentials

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Hi

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Downward facing dog game on point. Where do I sign up for this yoga class?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Downward facing dog game on point. Where do I sign up for this yoga class?

Doga was right there

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I would always ask Kedah "oh stretchy stretchy huh?" And she would give the puppy smile and then spin around in circles to beg for treats

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Biiiiiig stretch!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I tell Monty to stretch. it. out. in the same cadence that Joey Gladstone tells people to cut. it. out.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm sorry to bring the thread down so much, but I wanted to ask, what is a good last meal for my girl? For my previous dog we took and got him a whole bunch of fast food and he wolfed that poo poo down of course. But she's only able to eat soft things slowly right now because of the impeding of her jaw muscles. Would some ground beef and cheese be good? Taco meat maybe?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

cheese definitely

dogs love some cheese

and extra cuddles

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I gave Kedah a five guys burger with no cheese in a lettuce wrap

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I'm really appreciate the walk I took tonight with sputnik a little bit more now, even if it was difficult.

I think some raw fatty steak or bacon? If you need something even softer, eggs. Dogs love fat.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
She can't fully chew things anymore really, we've had to soggify her food so she can just kinda mush it up, so I'm thinking a heaping helping of cheeseburger(just burgers, no buns) would be up her alley, she can nibble those into nothing.

Thank you all for the kind words, suggestions, and experiences. She's my wonderful girl and I'm already a sobbing mess, but I'll at least be able to be there with her for the end.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It sounds like you’re taking very good care of your very good girl. All I can say really is that I‘m to pet my pup extra long this week, in her honour.

What’s her name? I skimmed through your previous posts but couldn’t find it

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Rosie, a very dog name.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

You're doing the best you can CI, that's all one can ask for.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Gonna post a dog please enjoy:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That's a good dog.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

How does she feel about the weird dog?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Don’t even think about scrolling past this post without offering a BOOP.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I sure do like this doggo. All doggos really.

*boop*

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

:luca: A cutie!

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Jokes on you I have to boop all of them because the thumbnails are too small!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
She's gone. Thank you all who lent a helping hand in providing info and tolerating my fairly bad feels posts these last few weeks. I was a mess beforehand but I'm strangely calm after the fact, but I think it'll set in over the next few days when I go downstairs and her nesting area is empty, the gates are down, and there's nobody to greet me(though recently she kinda slept through everything anyways).

I'm a bit unhappy about the actual event itself, they applied a sedative, prior to the euthanasia, and said it would take about 5 minutes to take effect. But she was out literally seconds after the sedative was injected, basically ragdolled immediately in my arms. That she is no longer in pain, is okay with me. That she is no longer with us, isn't so much.

I'm going to miss my special girl. I asked her to go find my sister before she passed. If there's something after this, hopefully she does.

I kind of did it on the spur of the moment, but I took a picture of her body, laying there. I don't know why, but I did. I think I felt like I needed one last photo, since I have pictures of her when she was a tiny puppy, to also have one final picture of her, gone. The vet said that a surprising amount of people feel the need to take a final photo. I want to dig out the old photo albums, since the puppy photos are mostly polaroids and such, to make a timeline of her life.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Do what you need to do. Burying Louis was a huge comfort to me.

I'll give Luca extra snugs tonight in your honour

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

It’s Zipper’s Found Day today! Here she is when we found her:

And today:

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

I always forget about this dog thread. I'm sorry about the recent loss of good friends :glomp:

I'm up to three dogs now, it's a slippery slope after your second one. Please enjoy some dog pictures.

Major- he'll be 13 in March

Mina- she just turned 3 in November

And now Scout- she'll be 1 in March

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Instant Jellyfish posted:

Mina- she just turned 3 in November

I think you have attached the wrong picture? All I’m seeing is an empty snowy landscape.

:ninja:

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I think you have attached the wrong picture? All I’m seeing is an empty snowy landscape.

:ninja:

Yup, no snowy doggos in THIS picture

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Didn't realize there as a doggo picture thread....This is Hana.

ImplicitAssembler fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Feb 5, 2021

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

:stare:

You are hereby ordered to post more Hana.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

So majetstic............so *boop*

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Ok!

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Hana looks like a wonderful woofer and I'm glad to see she has her own couch.

Meanwhile, please enjoy Lando in celebrating... NEW KIBBLE BAG DAY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OuWpattTPg

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

please enjoy this boop-a-dog experience

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Did Lando actually managed to eat any of it or did he just try to drink it like water?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Didn't realize there as a doggo picture thread....This is Hana.

drat, Hana is a gorgeous dane. Writer Cath has one named Tracker, also a beaut.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Hana looks like a wonderful woofer and I'm glad to see she has her own couch.

Meanwhile, please enjoy Lando in celebrating... NEW KIBBLE BAG DAY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OuWpattTPg

God, that's amazing, like heaven for Lando. I remember that one time I lifted a food bag over my shoulder and a seam opened and a lot of food spilled on the floor. Racing Gulliver to try to get the majority of the food back was like competing with a super Pac Man, he won most of it. Sort of like the gif of a human and a golden retriever having a noodle sucking contest, the dog wins it by a mile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Did Lando actually managed to eat any of it or did he just try to drink it like water?

He managed to snarf down some morsels but the real ingenuity of his system was that a not-insignificant amount of kibble bounced off his snoot and landed on the floor. He then promptly ate said kibble.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

God, that's amazing, like heaven for Lando. I remember that one time I lifted a food bag over my shoulder and a seam opened and a lot of food spilled on the floor. Racing Gulliver to try to get the majority of the food back was like competing with a super Pac Man, he won most of it. Sort of like the gif of a human and a golden retriever having a noodle sucking contest, the dog wins it by a mile.

This is a dog who waited until I went to a concert to paw at a freshly stored bag of kibble from underneath a locked cabinet door so he could open a hole and feast on everything that spilled out. He was waddling around and having elephant-sized poops with this smug-rear end look depicted above on his face. Now the kibble bags get stored out of reach until we’re ready to open them.

Silly rear end dog. I love him so much.