Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Gripweed posted:

Human children spend 12 years at school. Grogu develops so slowly, he is still a baby at age 50.

It is completely reasonable to assume that he would spend 20-30 years at school, and so would be there when all the students get murdered.

Maybe. But the folks who are all shouting about how "the ST ruins Mandalorian because we know Baby Yoda dies in the school shooting" are still making a lot of very large assumptions, then getting pissed off as though the things they assume are a canonical part of the text. I don't remember if this clip was shared in this thread or another one around here recently, but this basically sums up their position:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcbglml9KRo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Luke stands over the sleeping Grogu, detecting the slightest hint of darkness within his small green form. In a moment of weakness, Luke switches on his lightsaber... and just as soon as the moment came, it passes. But the damage has been done. Grogu, fully awake, gurgles in surprise, then slowly waddles over to his lightsaber, switches it on, and turns it against Luke. Thus were born the Knights of Grogu.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I'm not convinced that the ST ruins Mandalorian, but what ruined Mandalorian was Mandalorian.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

when is cgi luke getting his own series

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Gripweed posted:

Human children spend 12 years at school. Grogu develops so slowly, he is still a baby at age 50.

It is completely reasonable to assume that he would spend 20-30 years at school, and so would be there when all the students get murdered.

"What I love about Jedi school girls, that is. Older I get, but stay the same age they do."

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream

Tiberius Christ posted:

when is cgi luke getting his own series

naem
May 29, 2011

late to the discussion but I just watched Jenny Nicholson’s 3 hour magnum opus on the vampire diaries, a show I have no interest in lol

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

naem posted:

late to the discussion but I just watched Jenny Nicholson’s 3 hour magnum opus on the vampire diaries, a show I have no interest in lol

:chloe: Confirmed for pervert. :yikeseroo:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

naem
May 29, 2011

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

she tore it to shreds it was amazing

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

naem posted:

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
cgi luke and baby yoda get their own movie to explain why he wasnt at the jedi temple to get brutally murdered by luke

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Reality Protester posted:

cgi luke and baby yoda get their own movie to explain why he wasnt at the jedi temple to get brutally murdered by luke
SPOILERS:Grogu survives after Mando pulls them out of Luke's Public Jedi Academy and puts them in a nice but costly Jedi Charter School. The movie closes with Mando hugging Grogu as the two watch a news report of Kylo's massacre. Roll credits.

Produced by Rebecca Mercer.

Ohthehugemanatee
Oct 18, 2005

The Klowner posted:

Luke stands over the sleeping Grogu, detecting the slightest hint of darkness within his small green form. In a moment of weakness, Luke switches on his lightsaber... and just as soon as the moment came, it passes. But the damage has been done. Grogu, fully awake, gurgles in surprise, then slowly waddles over to his lightsaber, switches it on, and turns it against Luke. Thus were born the Knights of Grogu.

I'm in but only if the knights of Grogu are a collection of cooing doe-eyed muppets who rampage through an R rated gore-fest feasting on the eyes of all who oppose them. Give old school Sam Raimi complete creative control.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

disney please make a harry potter style series but its luke's jedi academy im begging you

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/bespinfatigues/status/1356688302649319432

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

naem posted:

We don't care what she did to her giant stuffed Porgs butthole, tell us about her video.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

The Klowner posted:

If someone posts spoilers for the loving expanse season 5 finale in this thread I'm going to poo poo

strap on your diapey because here we go! I've never seen it

naem
May 29, 2011

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

We don't care what she did to her giant stuffed Porgs butthole, tell us about her video.

it’s a 2 1/2 hour love letter to how bad the vampire show was

1. the original books were designed by corporate committee
2. the ghost author got no royalties and got fired for no reason halfway through the series and is gravely ill and heartbroken
3. the show was terrible and blatantly sexist and racist despite being aimed at a broad demographic of teen girls, to a comical degree
4. every character dates every character in the show for no reason other than to show lots of pg13 make out scenes, even when that makes no sense for the show
5. plot? consistency? world building? logic? no no just dress everyone up and parade them around like manikins, hey look how attractive the cast is, ignore the fact the protagonist actress quit three seasons ago
6. Jenny is very pretty and I’d like to watch bad tv with her in our tiny one bedroom apartment full of musty porg dolls

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Its a giant spider now

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Tiberius Christ posted:

Its a giant spider now

Jenny even made her own version of foam adventure to acquire the spider

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Space Kablooey posted:

disney please make a harry potter style series but its luke's jedi academy im begging you

Luke: Just, ah, swish and flick

*nyeeow nyeeow*

Ron: BLOIMEY ME ARM!!!

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The broomstick training scene but with lightsabers. Harry says "Up!" and immediately calls his lightsaber, Ron takes a lightsaber to the face, etc.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh God I just remembered a Harry potter/star wars crossover fanfic I read in entirety in like middle school on fanfiction dot com and now I never want to think about either property ever again

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The Klowner posted:

Oh God I just remembered a Harry potter/star wars crossover fanfic I read in entirety in like middle school on fanfiction dot com and now I never want to think about either property ever again

lol fuckin' owned

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

The Klowner posted:

Godbless, OP.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

naem posted:

6. Jenny is very pretty and I’d like to watch bad tv with her in our tiny one bedroom apartment full of musty porg dolls

:stonk:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

naem posted:

it’s a 2 1/2 hour love letter to how bad the vampire show was

1. the original books were designed by corporate committee
2. the ghost author got no royalties and got fired for no reason halfway through the series and is gravely ill and heartbroken
3. the show was terrible and blatantly sexist and racist despite being aimed at a broad demographic of teen girls, to a comical degree
4. every character dates every character in the show for no reason other than to show lots of pg13 make out scenes, even when that makes no sense for the show
5. plot? consistency? world building? logic? no no just dress everyone up and parade them around like manikins, hey look how attractive the cast is, ignore the fact the protagonist actress quit three seasons ago

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

The Klowner posted:

Your link seems broken op

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

naem posted:

Go back to wikifeet.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
jenny should give the porgs baths and sell the water

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot

naem posted:

Particularly concerning to me were the baddies in one season called the 'Travellers', and there's a scene where someone effectively says: Oh, I see we can't call you gypsies anymore. Bloody political correctness gone mad.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
All I know about Vampire Diares was there were boobs c/d?

Edit: I was thinking of True Blood, so probably d.

Galewolf fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Feb 3, 2021

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Mozi posted:

jenny should give the porgs baths and sell the water

she'd just end up buying them all

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Gripweed posted:

I wish the whole Disney Corporation would be there when those students got murdered or what the gently caress you are talking about.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

wait, what? Grogu is his loving name? Grogu?!?!?! gently caress Star Wars!

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

What if Kylo did the school shooting because Grogu was bullying him?

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Re watching the BOTW Halloween episode featuring Mystics in Bali

"Our story takes place in an undisclosed country..."

That'd be Indonesia Mike, considering that's where Bali is.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

luchajones posted:

wait, what? Grogu is his loving name? Grogu?!?!?! gently caress Star Wars!

I's avery subpar, pedestrian Lucas-name. It lacks the flair, the fitting elegance of a true Lucas creation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

his name is baby yoda