Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I'm glad that Raian has an opponent who's on his wavelength. Hopefully they become friends after this :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Okubo's definitely the Worm infiltrator on the Kengan side. He's wearing the clown suit to hide the tattoo. Also explains why he was terrified Agito was going to lose when Gaolong was totally chill the whole time

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
This matchup is looking pretty great for Alan, I can almost guarantee that he will be declared the winner by the referee.

tweet my meat fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jan 21, 2021

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Good good chapter, Extremely solid Fundamentals

Carlos watched the fight and realized to himself "I can't switch capoiera and boxing seamlessly (Yet) thats my weakness." then went "well in the meantime I guess I need to bulk up a little."

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I want Carlos to come back, but every time he does he's a completely different weight class.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Electric Phantasm posted:

I want Carlos to come back, but every time he does he's a completely different weight class.

And also learnt a new mail order martial art.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

team overhead smash posted:

And also learnt a new mail order martial art.

:hmmyes:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i like carlos way more now that he's acknowledged his style is a work in progress that isn't quite right yet.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Is it bad that I hope Lolong isn't related to the worm or any poo poo and is just a really good punchman?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

AtomikKrab posted:

Is it bad that I hope Lolong isn't related to the worm or any poo poo and is just a really good punchman?

i think its likely given he's ohma's opponent and also going to win because ohma losing finals is canon

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

good commitment

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Jose posted:

i think its likely given he's ohma's opponent and also going to win because ohma losing finals is canon

I feel like Wakatsuki has to be the one to fight Lolong since Waka is the most decorated of the remaining fighters.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This was a great chapter with the Kengan classics: dudes hanging out after a fight in the hospital ward, Kazzy getting hyped by the cast through misunderstandings, and a fuckin' dope matchup I'm excited for.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
That's probably one of my favorite Kazzy gags of all time. Alan reminds me of Mokuren from Flame of Recca. Which isn't a bad thing. I'm sure he's crazy.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Interesting that in the remaining fighter staredown in the center ring, Akoya wasn't there. Makes me wonder what is probably still the biggest psycho in the area is up to.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Chapter 95

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

so raian is the actual reincarnation then

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
My boy Raian is about to go full Shaq-Fu in the rear end of Alan Wu.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

So that counts as Wu's flashback right? Raian's got this in the bagggg

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Alan has 5000 years of flashbacks stored.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh poo poo, he's Broly!

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I've always really liked how Nikaido treats the people who came from Hayami's faction as comrades even though it was a very loose alliance that quickly went south. It's not a very in your face character trait, but you see it in stuff like him interacting with Julius in this chapter, that comedic side story with all the jobbers who infiltrated the ship meeting up in the diner (played up for comedy, but you can tell he was trying to take care of them), and Nikaido being the only one who visited Meguro's grave(?) after the annihilation tournament ended. He's a weirdo, but it's easy to see why the Heavenly Wolves are so fiercely loyal to him.

tweet my meat fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jan 28, 2021

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
nikaido and julius are bound together by their mutual hatred of wearing clothes.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

tweet my meat posted:

I've always really liked how Nikaido treats the people who came from Hayami's faction as comrades even though it was a very loose alliance that quickly went south. It's not a very in your face character trait, but you see it in stuff like him interacting with Julius in this chapter, that comedic side story with all the jobbers who infiltrated the ship meeting up in the diner (played up for comedy, but you can tell he was trying to take care of them), and Nikaido being the only one who visited Meguro's grave(?) after the annihilation tournament ended. He's a weirdo, but it's easy to see why the Heavenly Wolves are so fiercely loyal to him.

Yeah, Nikaido's a bro.

The 4koma stuff revealed that he was pretty shy as a kid, too.

It's nice how you get stuff fleshed out even among characters who got knocked out of the tournament early on. It's sort of what I feel has been (mostly) lacking from Purgatory's fighters so far, though the hospital scene with Carlos/Falcon helped.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

nikaido and julius are bound together by their mutual hatred of wearing clothes.

Julius does not hate clothes. He just keeps getting bigger.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

AtomikKrab posted:

Julius does not hate clothes. He just keeps getting bigger.

he keeps getting bigger so that no clothes can contain him

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

he keeps getting bigger so that no clothes can contain him

That is wrong via the story itself, Julius's reasons for HUGE are well known.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Raw scans for new chapter: https://imgur.com/a/ozgkmmW

AS GOD IS MY WITNESS, HE IS TORN IN HALF!!! :vincefrog:

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

Grouchio posted:

Good god :staredog:

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Grouchio posted:

Yesss :getin:

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Hmm, surreptitious timing with that new King Kong trailer

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Can we just end this tournament now if the writer isn't going to care?

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
mortal kombat fatality jesus christ

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Well

That's Raian's weakness solved in the most extreme way possible.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hope Alisa's employment contract includes insurance for therapy. She's going to need, like, so much therapy.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

UNDER PURGATORY RULES

Rabid Boar
Apr 16, 2020

Soon, all of you will feel my hate, and suffer as I have suffered!
Holy poo poo

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I wanna smilie of dis. He looks so giddy :allears:

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Beyond the obvious, brief summary
-There was a joint operation between the Kure, the Wu, and the Western guys to investigate the head of the Worm
-As a result, the member of the Kure considered next in line to be head of the clan was killed. This is believed to be due to treachery on Edward's part.
-Killing Edward is priority #1 for the Kure right now. Erioh apologizes and offers to compensate Nogi and the Kengan Associate for damages, but doesn't really give a poo poo beyond that because the Kure want this fucker dead more than anything else.
-Nogi warns Erioh about how going after Edward, one of Idemitsu's guests, during the tournament could result in ruining the Kure's reputation professionally, but again, Kure don't care
-Metsudo remarks how if a war breaks out between the Wu & Kure VS The Worm & The EuroWu, he considers both sides to be evenly matched.
-Team Kengan is freaking out about whatever potential penalty might be headed their way.
-Edward is looking forward to loving with Raian, and gives me the distinct impression that he may have intentionally gotten Alan killed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Well, I guess Ed kept his promise to Mr. Goat, Alan secured the victory.

With Murdercop coming up next, it could be 2 wins in a row for purgatory.

JamMasterJim fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Feb 3, 2021