Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Iron Crowned posted:

Eh, I copy and pasted my "new" rss link over my old one, and it was the same as my old one, but YMMV :shrug:

Ah, yeah, looks like it's the same URL. Cool, should be good. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians
Just upgraded mine as well. I’m hyped for the MELRO210 stuff and Once in a Lifetime is something we’ve all been waiting for since Cyber Seduction!!

The best $8 I spend every month just became the best $10 I spend every month!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Yeah the moment I saw I upgraded that sucker ASAP. not no way I’m missing out on the strangler

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I'm catching up on WHM, and describing Birds of Prey as an "excellent motion picture" is kind of incredible lol
I guess it's ok as comic book movies go, with the disclaimer that I kind of hate them all

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I'm catching up on WHM, and describing Birds of Prey as an "excellent motion picture" is kind of incredible lol
I guess it's ok as comic book movies go, with the disclaimer that I kind of hate them all
Nah, you got bad taste. Birds of Prey is top rank action that happens to have some comics baggage.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Timeless Appeal posted:

Nah, you got bad taste. Birds of Prey is top rank action that happens to have some comics baggage.

He’s right. I’m honestly not sure how anyone can say it is top rank action. The action scenes are the worst part of the movie.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I love the action scenes. everyone is wrong.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
LaRusso has to be one of WHM's most hated characters, right? Up there with Paulie from Rocky and Michael Caine in Blame it On Rio.

Henker
May 5, 2009

I was at the Karate Kid live show, and it was pretty great just how much they hated LaRusso.

Almost forgot about Listener Request Month, thankfully I remembered just before the cut off tonight. Nominated Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters since it's one of my favorite stupid movies.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

dorium posted:

I love the action scenes. everyone is wrong.
What, no. I'm right! I'm right because we agree. But really, I have no idea how you can think the action is bad in Birds of Prey. It's fantastic.

I realized before they reminded the audience what was happening with the Peter Faulk impersonation and was delighted all over again. Steve really is an amazing improvisor. I know they all are, but Steve is really, really good.

But also really... how can you watch Huntress ride a guy down a slide while stabbing him in the back and say the action is bad.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Birds of Prey has some really well done action scenes but is so forgettable overall that listening to them talk about the movie was like I hearing about it for the first time. I’ve never gone ‘oh yeah, that part’ for any movie theyve done more then with for BoP, and I saw it like 3 months ago.

But it really is as slim pickings this year so oh well.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I forgot to submit my requests and now I'm really mad at myself

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
I requested Equilibrium for WHM, Go for WLM, and Take Me Out To The Holosuite for Nexus, so fingers crossed

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
BoP feels a little like an On-Screen where fresh excitement is like "it was fine"... (On-Screen is kind of their worst content imo and very reactionary)
Has Steve walked back saying that the monster from the GeForce boxes in JL looked good? I remember him softening it a little as the ep went on. I was surprised as hell to see BoP on WLM... would anyone here say it's more than like a 6.5/10? I wouldn't call it LOVE. That's not to poo poo on anyone here who finds it legit good, just saying that I'd be hard pressed to put any recent DC movie on that list.

(Then again, I'd also put Equilibrium in WLM for many, many reasons concerning how silly and guilty pleasure cool it can be)

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Feb 3, 2021

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Firstborn posted:

BoP feels a little like an On-Screen where fresh excitement is like "it was fine"... (On-Screen is kind of their worst content imo and very reactionary)
Has Steve walked back saying that the monster from the GeForce boxes in JL looked good? I remember him softening it a little as the ep went on. I was surprised as hell to see BoP on WLM... would anyone here say it's more than like a 6.5/10? I wouldn't call it LOVE. That's not to poo poo on anyone here who finds it legit good, just saying that I'd be hard pressed to put any recent DC movie on that list.

(Then again, I'd also put Equilibrium in WLM for many, many reasons concerning how silly and guilty pleasure cool it can be)

BoP was their best of 2020, remember there wasn't a lot to choose from.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Yeah the Bad Boys episode mentioned that, too. One of the highest grossing in 2020, huh?

Also Peter Falk and the other "Japanese" accents is hilarious.

Miyagi I hit my taint with a nunchuk

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
So I guess the request lines close today . DO we know when they announce the results?

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

BiggerBoat posted:

So I guess the request lines close today . DO we know when they announce the results?

From the Big Daddy Dispatch the other day posted:

Just an FYI, if YOU want to know what gets picked this year, you're going to want to tune in to our YouTube Channel on Friday, February the 10th at 5:30pm Eastern Standard Time. We'll pull out some names outta the hat and do a mini-mailbag. Should be fun!

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

So either next Wednesday or Friday got it.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Firstborn posted:

Oh its very much a guilty pleasure but it still feels more like a WHM to me. Plus I really wanted to request Go for WLM

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Nah, you're right.

Also if you are new to the $10 level, don't miss the ~hidden full episodes~ like Star Trek 2009 in the Nexus and Mask of the Phantasm in Animation Damnation

Drint Blasters
Jul 1, 2007

Was the audio on WW84 really bad for anyone else? Loads of crackling and there would be loud buzzing or something every so often as well.
I know they are zooming or whatever but the audio is usually fine.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

Drint Blasters posted:

Was the audio on WW84 really bad for anyone else? Loads of crackling and there would be loud buzzing or something every so often as well.
I know they are zooming or whatever but the audio is usually fine.

Been a few weeks but I kinda remember there being some issues. Must have been Angelica's feed.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Tell me your favorite WHM commentary tracks, goons. Maybe top 3?

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Firstborn posted:

I’ve heard a lot of good things about Commandomentary but I haven’t gotten around to it or Die Hardmentary. But if you’re new to the commentaries the Twilight series is so much fun.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
New Moon is probably my favorite of the Twilights.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Firstborn posted:

If you can stomach watching Cats, their commentary track for it is crazy good.

But I feel bad asking anyone to watch Cats.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Pops Mgee posted:

New Moon is probably my favorite of the Twilights.

I think I’d put Eclipse at the top of my list but New Moon has so many good bits (Bella’s crooked therapist, Crystal, the realization her dad’s drunk in every scene)

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I've barely listened to any and I need to remedy that. As long as you're pre-intoxicated, Justice League was at least enjoyable but this is far away from a "go watch it".

Much like Steve, for some dumb reason I had never seen Commando so doing Commandomentary and getting to share his joy at watching it unfold ruled and overall it's a great track.

VVVVV
You gotta do it!

Cael fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Feb 4, 2021

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I still have not seen Commando, nor listened to the Commandomentary

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Commandomentary good. Might be their best.
Catsmentary bad because watching cats was a miserable experience.

I think the commentaries where one person hasn't seen the movie before are the best. Sadjak's reactions during Commando rule.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Should I start listening to MELR0210 with the episode that just dropped if I've never seen either of the two shows being discussed?

I mean I listen to The Nexus having only seen a handful of episodes of both of the Star Trek shows being discussed.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

You should start listening to Melro210 with the first episode on the main feed, it's fantastic regardless of your familiarity with the series

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Yeah regardless of if you've ever seen either show (I still haven't), I do think it benefits from starting from the first Melr0210. More so than even the Nexus, there's an evolution of various running bits throughout and it'll be a lot more rewarding seeing them grow. Plus, there's not any kind of "we're finding our footing" for the most part. They hit the ground running and it's a banger from the start.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I've never seen BH 90210 nor Melrose Place and thought it was some of the funniest poo poo they've ever done

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

MELR0210 is out, and I didn't touch my RSS feed/link at all and it just downloaded.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Iron Crowned posted:

I still have not seen Commando, nor listened to the Commandomentary

You should watch Commando, listen to the commentary, then enjoy the Action Boyz episode on it for dessert: https://player.fm/series/high-and-mighty-1528633/episode-45-commando-w-ben-rodgers-ryan-stanger or just https://overcast.fm/+E-auaqjRM on your phone.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Commando is good because it’s Stephen’s first time seeing it, same with Sucker Punch but it’s Jupin’s first time I think.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Pops Mgee posted:

Commando is good because it’s Stephen’s first time seeing it, same with Sucker Punch but it’s Jupin’s first time I think.

Oh yeesh, doing the Sucker Punch commentary was rough, only because I had to watch Sucker Punch. Justice League is probably my favorite of the commentaries I've listened to, but the Rambomentary is also a lot of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I need to get on those. I haven't listened to a commentary because I'm lazy and don't want to sync it up with the movie.