Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
rather than just being fully poo poo its like more of a kusoge though. cos it was pretty unique

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
twisted metal 3+4 too. never played 1 2 or black which are supposed to be the actually good ones

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

I.N.R.I posted:

twisted metal 3+4 too. never played 1 2 or black which are supposed to be the actually good ones

Vigilante 8 on N64. Subpar to TM in every way but you can also play as a UFO conspiracy nut in a Winnebago with a flying saucer on top

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Julius CSAR posted:

Vigilante 8 on N64. Subpar to TM in every way but you can also play as a UFO conspiracy nut in a Winnebago with a flying saucer on top

i had it on ps1. it had better levels and the cars have bigger hitboxes than in TM so you could actually use non homing weapons without being cracked at the game. genuineyl good game IMO though i never played the sequel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twy4vVs0tnU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I was super into Vigilante 8 as a kid lol.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
Enter the Matrix and The Godfather for PS2. Played through both a few times.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I loved the endings in Vigilante 8, I loved when they referenced each other
I can't remember if it was the original or second offense but there was a weird draw distance problem where you could see items in the distance and as you got closer they'd disappear under the terrain and I used to try to blow holes in the ground to pick them up

I also played Enter the Matrix an embarrassing amount of times
I learned you could actually hit the agents with the wall kick, and if you did it right you could knock them into pits and they'd die but then if you jumped over the pits their dead bodies would keep shooting at you

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Vigilante 8 was good

ho fan
Oct 6, 2014

elf help book posted:

Vigilante 8 was good

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

tao of lmao posted:

Tyranny is a great game wtf

This.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Vigilantes 8 ftw. Loved that they only told you one super move and you had to figure out the other one by reversing the pattern

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

ol yeller posted:

Enter the Matrix and The Godfather for PS2. Played through both a few times.

I was gonna mention enter the matrix too, I played a ton of that.

I also played a bunch of some Star Wars game, it was probably the episode 1 game but I can’t remember.

My dad used to buy all kinds of random bad games for ps2 but apparently I’ve lost my memory because I’ve forgotten like all of them.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Bolverkur posted:

I played a lot of Jurassic Park 2: The Chaos Continues on SNES back in the day. The game is just ok, and either it was very hard at times or I just sucked at it being a dumb kid. I should revisit it and see how it holds up. What lured me in was that dinosaurs were cool and you had a wide selection of guns. Last but not least the soundtrack was phenomenal and really made an otherwise not that good game really stand out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FggOnzJlZI

that game is sick

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

im gonna replay it

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Holy gently caress, vigilante 8. Played the gently caress out of that game, so good

My submission is Robotron 64. I don’t think it’s a BAD game, just a basic arcade shooter. But it made great use of the C buttons and was the perfect balance of enemy swarm chaos without being too stressful

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

My submission is Robotron 64. I don’t think it’s a BAD game, just a basic arcade shooter. But it made great use of the C buttons and was the perfect balance of enemy swarm chaos without being too stressful
robotron 64 is pretty great, and the soundtrack goes HARD, but i will admit the graphics are preeeeeetty ugly. probably to keep the framerate up.

there's also a playstation version, robotron x, but i haven't played it. apparently it's more frantic due to gameplay tweaks and worse camera/framerate.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

The Kins posted:

robotron 64 is pretty great, and the soundtrack goes HARD, but i will admit the graphics are preeeeeetty ugly. probably to keep the framerate up.

there's also a playstation version, robotron x, but i haven't played it. apparently it's more frantic due to gameplay tweaks and worse camera/framerate.

Yeah to be fair my memory of it is LOVING it and feeling like a god for getting to level, I don’t remember, 100? Higher? Almost posted this in the janky thread instead, but felt more disrespectful to call it janky than not “VERY” good

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I had alot of fun playing beta PUBG as a weird hiking stealth game with my friends in 2017, there was something really chill about just hanging out in discord and chatting as you try to navigate across the map without being ganked

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Teamfight Tactics. I don’t think it’s a bad game but it’s not particularly good either. I did however briefly get really good at it when corona started

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i loved fable 1 and bought an xbox 360 just to play fable 2 (which i liked but not as much)

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
everybody complains about how much they hate street fighter v but I like it. I also think soul calibur is the best 3D fighting game

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

apropos to nothing posted:

everybody complains about how much they hate street fighter v but I like it. I also think soul calibur is the best 3D fighting game
There's probably serious fighting game mechanics reasons Soul Calibur isn't good but I played the hell out of 2 and 3 on the PS2.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
jones in the fast lane

It's a, uh. lifestyle/work "simulator" or board game that Sierra made. There's not actually much to it and Jones is too hard to beat, but it was fun to play with friends for some reason growing up.

https://jonesinthefastlane.com/

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

i loved fable 1 and bought an xbox 360 just to play fable 2 (which i liked but not as much)

My sister and I beat the brakes off fable two coop. We both had characters running and we’d fight over who got to be the “main” player. We must have run through the whole story multiple times as a duo.

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

captain comic, the only platformer i had for a long while as a kid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZW0A3zFUTU

the physics and camera are fairly bad like almost all dos platformers but it had a cool progression of powerups, fun changes in scenery, and the level design was pretty concise. solid half hour replay when u feeling nostalgic for dos games

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Flunky posted:

captain comic, the only platformer i had for a long while as a kid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZW0A3zFUTU

the physics and camera are fairly bad like almost all dos platformers but it had a cool progression of powerups, fun changes in scenery, and the level design was pretty concise. solid half hour replay when u feeling nostalgic for dos games
p. sure this was my first game as a kid, except i think our version had a corrupted file or two because i clearly playing a level with random garbage tiles

...which explains a lot tbh

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

scary ghost dog posted:

I did the exact same thing. Something about 2 just didn't stick for me, I really disliked it. I have beaten 1 more than any other game, I think.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
bioshock infinite
APB
the cRPG multiplayer mod for mount and blade warband

and several people have told me that The Showdown Effect wasn't very good but I don't think I'll ever understand how anyone could dislike that game

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-impmbADbA

My friends thought this game was dumb but they were the ones that were dumb. It took me way to long to actually figure out what the hell I was doing though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014