Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

McSpanky posted:

drat, how is this still a thing this far into the 21st century?

Fifteen seasons. This show is older than negotiating the streaming rights for music.

Which is why I own the first five seasons on DVD :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I've just got season 1 on bluray, waiting for the complete series box set now obv. Really hoping for some ridiculous over the top set of stuff. Discs come in a box shaped like Baby or John's journal, army men, pack of salt, tiny Impala hot wheels. Extra gag reels, crew commentaries, behind the scenes poo poo.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Considering it's 15 years worth, I'd guess it's gonna be some lame men of letters box with the logo on it or something.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

SPN cast and crew just did a fundraising live stream for Stacey Abrams and Fair Fight. At the end of it they played some season 15 bloopers. Enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DppFG4S8RA&t=4135s
(go to 1:09:00 if the link doesn't work)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
someone is claiming to have supernatural script leaks

your show's ARG is fantastic

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Am I missing something? Because that seems like exactly what was filmed.

Also I noticed in the clip show before the finale Cas made almost the exact same speech to Sam and Dean in an earlier season when sacrificing himself.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Astroman posted:

Am I missing something? Because that seems like exactly what was filmed.

Also I noticed in the clip show before the finale Cas made almost the exact same speech to Sam and Dean in an earlier season when sacrificing himself.

People are freaking out because of the "But still beautiful. Still Dean Winchester." line. And yeah, you're right. But the subtext!!!1111

So that prop auction ended and one of Dean's shirts sold for $4k USD. I bid on a curse box and it ended up selling for 4x my max bid, lol.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I don't wanna know what's going to happen to that shirt.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You already know.

We all know.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Funny thing was, I heard there was only one winning bidder on every single item.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Brushing BEFORE you eat breakfast?!

Might as well take a shower before working out and mow the grass after it snows while you’re at it.

April
Jul 3, 2006

latinotwink1997 posted:

Might as well take a shower before working out and mow the grass after it snows while you’re at it.

See, it makes perfect sense if you are frequently running late. You can eat in the car then chew gum, put on makeup and/or brush your hair at red lights, but you can't brush your teeth in the car. Priorities, people.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

latinotwink1997 posted:

You shouldn't brush your teeth right after eating, so you might not have time to do it the other way around.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Tiggum posted:

You shouldn't brush your teeth right after eating, so you might not have time to do it the other way around.

My comment was meant as a joke but I’ll bite.

If you eat something acidic (or as I learned the hard way, after drinking a glass of OJ for ten years), that would make sense because the acid weakens enamel. Otherwise it’s pointless to brush before breakfast. If you brushed before bed, there should be little to no plague on your teeth in the morning and if it’s for fresh breath/clean looking teeth when you see other people, well eating after completely negates both those.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

latinotwink1997 posted:

My comment was meant as a joke but I’ll bite.

If you eat something acidic (or as I learned the hard way, after drinking a glass of OJ for ten years), that would make sense because the acid weakens enamel. Otherwise it’s pointless to brush before breakfast. If you brushed before bed, there should be little to no plague on your teeth in the morning and if it’s for fresh breath/clean looking teeth when you see other people, well eating after completely negates both those.

Toothpaste contains sugar. My teeth are grodier in the morning if I brushed before bed than if I didn't.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

gently caress your brushing with? Chocolate syrup?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

GreenNight posted:

gently caress your brushing with? Chocolate syrup?

Colgate, Crest, that one with the gel, lots of different ones. And always my tongue tastes sour half an hour later, the same as if I drink a sugary drink. And if I go to bed immediately after brushing I wake up with sour cotton mouth. Gotta stay up for a while, have a sugar free drink, get that minty filth out.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Do you scrub your tongue too? That’s important.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

GreenNight posted:

Do you scrub your tongue too? That’s important.

Are you saying my mom didn't teach me right? :mad: I'm not sure tongue scrapers even existed in the 70s. Seems weird and foreign, like ear spoons. Wait, what thread is this?

So, uh, how bout them pretty boy monster hunters?

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

If only Garth were here to weigh in with some dental advice.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Astroman posted:

If only Garth were here to weigh in with some dental advice.

In that second to last episode, was it just me or when you heard Garth on the phone, it didn’t sound like him at all?

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Oh my sweet loving Christ did you see the (texas) WALKER (ranger) trailer. That poo poo is not getting a second season. Maybe not a second half season.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
BUT MUH DEAD WAFHE.

Yea, I want expecting much but man that doesn't look good.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
so anyway Sam is trapped in a TV show again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow21xRU9e3s

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Rando posted:

so anyway Sam is trapped in a TV show again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow21xRU9e3s

Oh my word that slowmo lasso.

Guest starring the gazebo from Gilmore Girls.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

It looks bad but it's on the CW so they'll probably give him a bunch of seasons before they ax it.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I used my latest stimulus check to buy a thing. I have no regrets.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You're my hero.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I love it!

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I gotta figure out some cool way to stick it in a frame now. I saw these going around when the show ended:

(it's a tile from the bunker)

Do I use this as inspiration and put it in a shadow box with a some kind of flannel-covered mat border? Give it a little plaque with the episode title on it?

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Guess I'll start saving up for this now... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08R7C2LGF?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

that's MSRP so it'll probably be cheaper

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Pfft not even 4k come on already.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Rando posted:

Oh my sweet loving Christ did you see the (texas) WALKER (ranger) trailer. That poo poo is not getting a second season. Maybe not a second half season.

It's already got a second season lolol

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

It's already got a second season lolol

They're absolutely going to have Jensen Ackles show up in the season finale as a bad guy/rival or something.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

It's just some boring rear end square box what the gently caress WB?

https://twitter.com/TheEricGoldman/status/1359204387818663938

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

pentyne posted:

They're absolutely going to have Jensen Ackles show up in the season finale as a bad guy/rival or something.

Nah he's filming what sounds like a big role for the Boys. (Likes working with Kripke, it'd seem!)

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

It also sounds like a pretty good role. He's playing Soldier Boy, basically a parody of Captain America, which in the context of The Boys sounds great.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

cool kids inc. posted:

Nah he's filming what sounds like a big role for the Boys. (Likes working with Kripke, it'd seem!)

Well, if you were going to pick between Walker and The Boys... If someone asked you which one you'd rather be in, you'd probably assume they were joking, right? Even as a hypothetical, the answer is obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Darkened Streams by Grim Beard is a YouTube series recapping and reviewing Supernatural, episode by episode (much like Monster of the Week but much shorter and more visual). Currently up to S01E06.