Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/the-cw-renews-12-shows-2021-22-season
The CW has renewed everything except new shows that haven't started yet (Superman & Lois, Kung Fu and The Republic of Sarah.) Although they seem to be pleased with Superman & Lois as they've ordered more episodes, also it is getting a two hour premiere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Even fuckin Walker? I heard it was horrible.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Expanse finale question the way Holden looks at Peaches made it seem they had history, or am I just looking too deeply into things?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Medullah posted:

Expanse finale question the way Holden looks at Peaches made it seem they had history, or am I just looking too deeply into things?

She blew up a ship and framed Holden for it in season 3.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Which feels like happened 15 years ago.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

GreenNight posted:

According to that news article it had the highest rated premiere of a CW show in the last 5 years.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Will new Walker give us classics like this?

https://youtu.be/K2_SvX4PEbU

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Finished Servant S1 and while I liked it I really shouldn't have watched it while in an altered state because I don't know what the gently caress.

Someone summarize the baby/ doll thing for me please!

I do vividly remember unhinged Rupert Grint screaming for the baby while banging on a pot. That was great.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I am in 3 episodes and losing the ability to taste means something a lot different since they filmed season 1. Dude you got COVID.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

swickles posted:

She blew up a ship and framed Holden for it in season 3.

Ahhhh that's right. My memory is poo poo now that I'm elderly.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Remember how I said I watched all of season 1 of Search Party yesterday? I just finished season 3. Yaay for work-from-home I guess. Great show, I really love how they build they entire show around the end of season 1.

I'm getting a bit of a Cohen brothers vibe from it. Most of the bad things that happen to the leads are caused by their own hubris/stupidity and very few of the good things that happen to them are actually caused by their own effort. Usually when they "win" it's because someone else is even dumber than them.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

isaboo posted:

Finished Servant S1 and while I liked it I really shouldn't have watched it while in an altered state because I don't know what the gently caress.

Someone summarize the baby/ doll thing for me please!

I do vividly remember unhinged Rupert Grint screaming for the baby while banging on a pot. That was great.

:iiam:

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
I didn't realize I was watching the season finale of the Expanse until like 15 minutes before the end what the gently caress. When's season 6 god drat.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I get that there's only so many words in the world but...man, Netflix, are things that bad?

Prepare to be... mildly uncomfortable!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I'll withhold judgement until we confirm whether or not it's set around haunted settlers or not.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
If they're relocating the ghosts of settlers off of Native American burial grounds that's be totally my jam.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

zoux posted:

This is going to sound like a bit but I swear it happened. My roommates were watching that new Richard Hammond Tory Bellici shipwrecked show and as I walked past the couch on my way to bed I asked them how it was. They were like, "It's pretty good but the narrator sucks. Her script is overly expository and she sounds robotic." I stopped to watch for a second and sure enough the lady says "Tory runs down the beach" at which point one of them goes, hang on...

For whatever reason the language track for English (US) had the visual description audio defaulted on and so they watched like 20 minutes of this show just stewing at how bad and unnecessary the narrator was, I was dying laughing

I had this exact same thing happen to me with Undone. I was a few episodes in and suddenly there was a narrator, but it was at a trippy point and I thought it was a stylistic choice.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1357336380418912258

Jesus Christ Veronica, get it together

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

GreenNight posted:

It's only had 2 eps so far and I wouldn't say it's horrible but it's not great either. They're rushing out exposition so fast that it feels very forced and the (extremely dumb, especially in ep 1) procedural parts are almost glossed over. The 1min clip of Walker's wife dying that is supposed to set up his whole backstory was hilariously terrible though, yes.

I'll probably give it another ep or two before I give up unless it really improves.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Search party sounds exactly like the kind of show I would hate very much at the start and slowly become more comfortable with as I spent time with the characters.

Also I'm glad I watched expanse s5 before reading this thread because the usage of spoilers (or lack thereof) in this thread is egregious. Goddamn

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

If they really wanted to jump the shark they could make it cyberpunk.

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

Promotional image:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sugar

awwww

honey honey

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
So the stand is pretty underwhelming right?

I guess it's hard to fully adapt the book, but I don't feel attached to the characters at all. Everything happens too quickly.

It's been over a decade since i read the book though.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

It's time, collectively, to stop being disappointed with Stephen King adaptations and just be happy with the few gems we get.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sumo posted:

Promotional image:

Interesting thing about this image is how they portrayed Jughead's hat. He's supposed to be wearing a "whoopee cap" which is made from an old fedora with the brim cut and turned up, usually adorned with decorative pins/badges. They used to be part of the stereotypical attire of a mechanic and the character Goober Pyle wore one on The Andy Griffith Show.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Not really convinced that the Rapping Jughead adaptation cared too much about authenticity to the source material.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

zoux posted:

Sugar

awwww

honey honey

Word!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
You know, I just always assumed he was wearing one of those little Burger King paper crown type things they used to give to kids. Whoopee cap is actually kind of interesting, guess they just didn't;'t do a good job drawing it for one. Whoopee caps sound like the next step for all those neckbeard fedoras that supposedly spread around.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

muscles like this! posted:

Interesting thing about this image is how they portrayed Jughead's hat. He's supposed to be wearing a "whoopee cap" which is made from an old fedora with the brim cut and turned up, usually adorned with decorative pins/badges. They used to be part of the stereotypical attire of a mechanic and the character Goober Pyle wore one on The Andy Griffith Show.

I always thought it looked like a Burger King crown. Those cardboard ones they had in the 80s.

I only knew it wasn't because I assumed Archie comics were so old and outdated that they predate Burger King. I actually had to verify that just now, and sure enough, they are.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

quote:

Salma Hayek and her Ventanarosa Productions label are developing a TV series adaptation of Leslie’s Lehr’s novel “A Boob’s Life” for HBO Max.

The first project under Ventanarosa’s new first-look deal with HBO, the half-hour comedy follows a woman named Leslie who is turning 40 and in crisis when her breasts spontaneously gain sentience and start talking to her.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Lucas_Shaw/status/1357396910701649926

I assume he means "watching network or cable TV"

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

He started talking about cable and broadcast in the thread so it seems that way.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Soon the entire ad space will be nothing but Centrum Silver and painless catheter spots

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
As others mentioned, they need to have Jughead rap, goddamnit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBojt6fDVvw

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

zoux posted:

Soon the entire ad space will be nothing but Centrum Silver and painless catheter spots

The only live TV I have access through is a digial antenna and that's already the case.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's a loving Punky Brewster revival coming to Peacock.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Rhyno posted:

With Frye reprising her role even. With freddie prinze as her ex husband

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I wonder if they'll CGI Glomer and who will voice him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/melanielynskey/status/1357456957838405633?s=21