Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW New Beginning in Nagoya January 30th
MOTYC

Shingo Takagi vs Hiroshi Tanahashi

HM
Will Ospreay vs Satoshi Kojima

Rarity posted:

HM: Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. The Great Okhan, NJPW The New Beginning in Nagoya, 30/01

Tenzan gave all he could in what may well be his last singles match

nth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
31/1
Dragongate Open The New Year Gate Night 10 Afternoon show
Open The Twin Gate #1 Contender tournament round 1
Masquerade (Jason Lee & La Estrella) vs RED (Diamante & Eita)

drat there was some cool spots in this match

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Feb 1, 2021

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

HM Kevin Owens V Roman Reigns
Last Man Standing Royal Rumble
More Golf Cart related shenanigans in wrestling please.

WMOTYC: Tony Deppen vs. Jordan Oliver, GCW The Ironman Challenge 1/30
Even if the jokes funny its still two hours. That is far too long for a wrestling match of any description.

LionYeti fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Feb 1, 2021

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima & Yota Tsuji vs. Will Ospreay, Great-O-Kharn & Jeff Cobb, NJPW New Year's Dash, 1/6

This was surprisingly entertaining.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

KungFu Grip posted:

dunno if it was a motyc but

HM: Women's Royal Rumble - Royal Rumble 1/31/21

Nth

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
31/1
Dragongate Open The New Year Gate Night 10 Afternoon show
Best 2 out of 3 Falls
Keisuke Okuda vs Punch Tominaga

A continuation of this slightly ridiculous feud.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

WMOTY: men's royal rumble

If you think last years rumble is worse than this one you are a clown

Nth. Absolute loving crap. I hated it.

HM Reigns v Owens Rumble 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
31/1
Dragongate Open The New Year Gate Night 10 Evening show
R.E.D. (BxB Hulk, HipHop Kikuta, Kaito Ishida & SB KENTo) vs. MASQUERADE (Jason Lee, Kota Minoura, La Estrella & Shun Skywalker)

One of those multiman tags that DG just do so well: great character moments, cool spots, fast paced action, and the conclusion leads to a big singles match going forward.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

HM
31/1
Dragongate Open The New Year Gate Night 10 Evening show
R.E.D. (BxB Hulk, HipHop Kikuta, Kaito Ishida & SB KENTo) vs. MASQUERADE (Jason Lee, Kota Minoura, La Estrella & Shun Skywalker)

One of those multiman tags that DG just do so well: great character moments, cool spots, fast paced action, and the conclusion leads to a big singles match going forward.

2nd this.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
WMOTYC: Nikki Cross vs. Alexa Bliss, WWE Raw 2/1

why do they keep doing this

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

This might not be the last 2020 match I recommend but none of them aired in 2020 so suck it

HM
20th December 2020
2AW Infinity ~ 2020 Winter
JIN (Ayato Yoshida & Jake Lee) vs Andrew Kingdom (Shigehiro Irie & Taishi Takizawa)

Show had a few AJPW guys on it like Lee and Yuma Aoyagi which was cool. But this was all about setting up the 2AW Openweight Title match between Yoshida and Irie and did a grand job at that. 3 great wrestlers, plus Takizawa who is solid, it is worth a watch.

To continue with this theme of 2020 2AW

HM
28th December 2020
2AW Grand Slam In Korakuen
2AW Openweight Title
Ayato Yoshida vs Shigehiro Irie

Yoshida is great, formerly Shota Umino's rival in New Japan, current All Japan part-timer, big hitter with big kicks. Shigehiro Irie is the Japanese indy journeyman, he's in STRONGHEARTS, he's in Tempest in 2AW, Purple Haze in AJPW, and he routinely shows up everywhere from Lands End and Heat Up to DDT. You hope a match between them would be very good, it is.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MOTYC: Britt Baker vs. Thunder Rosa, AEW Dynamite 2/3

Super hard-hitting match with a fantastic lead up to the finish.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Dango Bango posted:

I'll give it a HM.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Dango Bango posted:

Nth

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Dango Bango posted:

nth

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Dango Bango posted:

Nth

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MOTYC: Kenny Omega & The Good Brothers vs. Jon Moxley, PAC & Rey Fenix - AEW Dynamite Beach Break 2/3

Absolutely incredible main event, so much great poo poo in this and that's if you ONLY count what Fenix was doing, let alone Mox and PAC and Kenny and yes even the Good Brothers.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Feb 4, 2021

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Kenny Omega & The Good Brothers vs. Jon Moxley, PAC & Rey Fenix - AEW Dynamite Breach Break 2/3

Absolutely incredible main event, so much great poo poo in this and that's if you ONLY count what Fenix was doing, let alone Mox and PAC and Kenny and yes even the Good Brothers.

Nth

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Kenny Omega & The Good Brothers vs. Jon Moxley, PAC & Rey Fenix - AEW Dynamite Breach Break 2/3

nth

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Dango Bango posted:

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Kenny Omega & The Good Brothers vs. Jon Moxley, PAC & Rey Fenix - AEW Dynamite Beach Break 2/3

Nth

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dango Bango posted:

Jerusalem posted:

nth

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Jerusalem posted:

Nth. Fantastic match that was only improved by the post match bullshit. Fun drat night of wrestling.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Dango Bango posted:

Jerusalem posted:

Yes to both of these

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Nth. My God AEW leaves me shaking with excitement it's so drat good.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

nth, this loving owned

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah. Real hot angle to end it too I was wondering why we had no Bullet Club references on commentary for the match till we got to the end and whelp

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

i am about to loving explode im so hyped up

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Nth to this match and this FAILED COMPANY. THEYRE FAILURES!!!!!

But nth for exactly what J-Ru said. Everybody mattered!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I know I am a constant ball of negativity about AEW but I'm just not sure all of these matches are MOTYC. These nominations are very important so I think I can only go:

HM: Tag Team Battle Royal
MOTYC: Britt vs Thunder Rosa
MOTYC: The Bullet Club vs Pac, Fenix and Mox

(From AEW Dynamite on 2/3/TYOOL 2021)

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I'm gonna HM Britt vs Rosa and Bullet Club vs Pac, Fenix, and Mox

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

I know I am a constant ball of negativity about AEW but I'm just not sure all of these matches are MOTYC. These nominations are very important so I think I can only go:

Nth

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Nth these.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Nth

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Britt Baker vs. Thunder Rosa, AEW Beach Break, 03/02
MOTYC: Kenny Omega/The Good Brothers vs. Jon Moxley/PAC/Rey Fenix, AEW Beach Break, 03/02

That main event was loving insane

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

MassRafTer posted:

:yeah:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

AEW dynamite feb 3 2021

loved that ep

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Dango Bango posted:

Nth. Rosa made Britt up her game and the result was great

Jerusalem posted:

Nth. Four of the best wrestlers in the entire world, and a tag team who are great if you give them the opportunity to be great, leading to completely ludicrous violence. I have never in my life seen anything like that Fenix springboard headbutt.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Quantum of Phallus posted:

AEW dynamite feb 3 2021

loved that ep

Nth'ing this - arguably one of the best episodes in terms of pure wrestling they've ever done.

Diplomat
Dec 14, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Nth, amazing show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
31st January
Pro Wrestling NOAH Higher Ground Night 4
Kongo (Kenou & Manabu Soya) vs M's Alliance (Masakatsu Funaki & Masato Tanaka

It's all about building up to the next GHC National Championship match, Kenoh defending against Funaki and it does a great job with that, but it's great and hard hitting in it's own right