Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Spacebump posted:

The only MCU show that now counts as MCU is WandaVision.

You'll have to pry Agents of Shield from my cold dead hands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Piell posted:

You're welcome to it. It's bad. Probably. I've never watched it.

Can we talk about dream projects that definitely won't happen? I've been bingeing Veep recently. For whatever reason, I like it a lot more than Ianucci's previous show, In the Loop and I want him to do an adaptation of Marvel's Illuminati. In case you don't know, it's the Marvel Universe's ruling group, comprising, at one point, Iron Man, Dr Strange, Namor, Professor X, Black Bolt and Mr Fantastic. They, for instance, decided to send Hulk away from earth and they think they've got the marvel universe's best interests at heart. The only issue is that they're always wrong. This is played for grim dramatic irony, as their sins catch up to them. I want to see it played for laughs.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Xealot posted:

Magneto *was* right. But they're probably not going to open an MCU movie inside Auschwitz.

A pity, because they really could and should just remake this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s90ubJVR7-c

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Piell posted:

Agents of SHIELD diverged itself out of the MCU movie timeline by season 6. It's better for it.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

The MSJ posted:

Agents of SHIELD ... season 6

Jesus christ

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
What happened in Season 6

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The United States posted:

What happened in Season 6

Season 5 had them being frozen for several decades and waking up in a future where Earth was destroyed and humans live as refugees in a Kree space station. Midseason they timetraveled back to the present to prevent the disaster and the last episode took place after they succeeded but Thanos was starting to attack Earth as seen in Infinity War. Season 6 takes place a year later, but the snap at the end of Infinity War never took place. The practical reason is that the showrunners were not told beforehand the premise of End Game so they wrote a one year timeskip into the start of Season 6 just in case not knowing that it was inadequate. They pretty much gave up trying to catch up with the movies at that point and kinda sorta said that the show is now an alternate universe.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Xealot posted:

Magneto *was* right. But they're probably not going to open an MCU movie inside Auschwitz.

Oh yeah, cant upset the chinese market or homegrown chuds

Snowman_McK posted:

Can we talk about dream projects that definitely won't happen? I've been bingeing Veep recently. For whatever reason, I like it a lot more than Ianucci's previous show, In the Loop and I want him to do an adaptation of Marvel's Illuminati. In case you don't know, it's the Marvel Universe's ruling group, comprising, at one point, Iron Man, Dr Strange, Namor, Professor X, Black Bolt and Mr Fantastic. They, for instance, decided to send Hulk away from earth and they think they've got the marvel universe's best interests at heart. The only issue is that they're always wrong. This is played for grim dramatic irony, as their sins catch up to them. I want to see it played for laughs.

Doom to Illuminati: “I’d love to stop and chat but I’d rather have type 2 diabetes.” or “When I need your advice, I’ll give you the special signal: which would be me being sectioned under the loving mental health act.”

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2

The MSJ posted:

Season 5 had them being frozen for several decades and waking up in a future where Earth was destroyed and humans live as refugees in a Kree space station. Midseason they timetraveled back to the present to prevent the disaster and the last episode took place after they succeeded but Thanos was starting to attack Earth as seen in Infinity War. Season 6 takes place a year later, but the snap at the end of Infinity War never took place. The practical reason is that the showrunners were not told beforehand the premise of End Game so they wrote a one year timeskip into the start of Season 6 just in case not knowing that it was inadequate. They pretty much gave up trying to catch up with the movies at that point and kinda sorta said that the show is now an alternate universe.
I mean what happened to evoke such a reaction:

LesterGroans posted:

Jesus christ

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

The United States posted:

I mean what happened to evoke such a reaction:

I was just shocked that it had 6 seasons

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

LesterGroans posted:

I was just shocked that it had 6 seasons

It had 7

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

They went through a lot of changes. The Shield-is-Hydra reveal, Inhumans, Inhumans wanting to kill humans, the Hydra-is-a Lovecraft-cult reveal, robot revolution, Matrix simulation, Ghost Rider, time travel, space adventure, major death, mysterious resurrection, and I don't know what else.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

LesterGroans posted:

I was just shocked that it had 6 7 seasons

It shouldn't be surprising, it was a good show.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

fatherboxx posted:

Oh yeah, cant upset the chinese market or homegrown chuds

Doom to Illuminati: “I’d love to stop and chat but I’d rather have type 2 diabetes.” or “When I need your advice, I’ll give you the special signal: which would be me being sectioned under the loving mental health act.”

I mentioned last time this came up, I think Marvel's also had a counterpart of this with the villainous types, the Hellfire Club or something. Namor is a member of both.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Grendels Dad posted:

Red Skull vaporized some regular Nazis to establish that he is, like, twice as evil as them. See also: HYDRA's double-Nazi salute.

The double salute used to solidify that they were double Nazis was amazing

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

RBA Starblade posted:

The double salute used to solidify that they were double Nazis was amazing

It is literally one of my favorite parts of the movie. In the theater when they first did it I let out a loud guffaw and everyone around looked at me. I got embarrassed...that they didn't realize how cool and funny it was!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Klungar posted:

It shouldn't be surprising, it was a good show.

There's just enough about SHIELD that I like to keep me going but I'm never really excited about it, you know?

WandaVision, however, has it's hooks in me deep and I'm pumped for it. I just hope they have enough sense to end it naturally instead of milking it forever. You can't do that concept forever.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

They'll definitely be milking it forever, but the series itself is a one and done. It's supposed to lead into the next Doctor Strange movie, which will lead into the next Spider-Man movie, which will inevitably lead into something else.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

well why not posted:

We don’t deserve a movie where McKellan rips apart every railroad track in a city to defend young mutants from sentinels. Or one where he uses the spire of a tall building as a javelin through a mega sentinel piloted by nazis.

I’m available for spec scripts but only on this topic.

Then you post those things right here, right now so we can all read them and weep in sorrow that they'll never see the screen.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Ghost Leviathan posted:

A pity, because they really could and should just remake this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s90ubJVR7-c

But make it R-rated like Logan with Cap and Logan just butchering the gently caress out of Nazis.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Everyone posted:

Then you post those things right here, right now so we can all read them and weep in sorrow that they'll never see the screen.

Magneto vs. Godzilla.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I guess i won't elaborate on my idea of Magneto commandeering a nuclear submarine and doing Hunt for Red October stuff against Hydra. Or the idea I had about pulling down a satellite on a mountain base.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

or allowing hydra to set off a series of shrapnel bombs, only for them to release no shrapnel ... in the direction they wanted

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Eventually that would result in the image of a flying submarine so I am all for that

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
Floating subs and brutally killing Nazis are all things that Magneto does in 1st class, multiple times??

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Every movie should have a floating sub that's all I'm saying

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Grendels Dad posted:

Magneto vs. Godzilla.

I made a joke years ago on another board about Magneto using liquid adamantium to turn Godzilla into a giant Wolverine.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Every movie should have a floating sub that's all I'm saying

Nextwave movie when

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Magneto, having heard the faint cry of an oppressed mutant child, marches face first through a fallen building, walks right up to a tall, muscular nazi threatening to break the child over his knee, and rips all the iron out of the nazi's body in an instant.

...did I do that right?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Magneto vs The Iron Dream

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Freakazoid_ posted:

Magneto, having heard the faint cry of an oppressed mutant child, marches face first through a fallen building, walks right up to a tall, muscular nazi threatening to break the child over his knee, and rips all the iron out of the nazi's body in an instant.

...did I do that right?

keep going...

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Blood Boils posted:

Floating subs and brutally killing Nazis are all things that Magneto does in 1st class, multiple times??

Yeah, but then there's parts of the movie that aren't that

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

RBA Starblade posted:

Yeah, but then there's parts of the movie that aren't that

Professor X: Date Rapist!

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Eventually that would result in the image of a flying submarine so I am all for that

Right there with you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkUAzcja74Y

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Inzombiac posted:

WandaVision, however, has it's hooks in me deep and I'm pumped for it. I just hope they have enough sense to end it naturally instead of milking it forever. You can't do that concept forever.

It's over halfway done already. There's only 9 episodes.

I have to admit the genre parody is pretty fun, but the slow burn on revealing the mystery was starting to drag on me.

The ending of the most recent episode and "They recast Pietro?!?" legitimately surprised me and was pretty funny.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

The MCU did make Inhumans too, a show where the good guys are monarchists enforcing rigid caste system where the winners of a genetic lottery luxuriate and the losers toil in the slave mines digging for the resource that will inflict slavery on their children. And the villain is the one member of the royalty that wants to end that.

:staredog:

For real? I never saw any of the MCU tv shows, were they all this terrible?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Agent Rush posted:

:staredog:

For real? I never saw any of the MCU tv shows, were they all this terrible?

A couple of the Netflix shows had a good season or two.

Inhumans was absolutely the nadir of MCU TV, but it also gave us this hilarious scene: https://youtu.be/fGTfbMioezc

It's a land of contrasts.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

LesterGroans posted:

A couple of the Netflix shows had a good season or two.

Inhumans was absolutely the nadir of MCU TV, but it also gave us this hilarious scene: https://youtu.be/fGTfbMioezc

It's a land of contrasts.

"Contrast" implies it gets better or worse than that scene, which isn't possible. It is perfectly balanced.

It remains the only scene I have ever watched from Inhumans, and the only scene from it I ever want to watch.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

LesterGroans posted:

I don't think I'll ever not laugh every time I watch this whenever it gets posted, lmao.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It's like something from Tails Gets Trolled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I started off talkin poo poo about WandaVision but its started to get good. Might be worth starting if you've been waiting for it to kick off.