Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

flashback before the fight even started, the guy was turbo hosed

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Feb 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Maybe spoiler the results of the fight if the translation hasn't even released. I'm not surprised, but I certainly would have preferred learning that from reading the manga.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
No translations?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Zzulu posted:

No translations?

translations come out on Thursdays, but this chapter is wild af so people are posting it now

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Zzulu posted:

No translations?

Wednesdays are raws, Thursdays are translations. No other group or individual seems inclined to do a full TL since Hokuto no Gun is consistent on their releases. Although occasionally someone on /a/ or reddit will put out a script.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Sweet loving JESUS

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Personally I'd just as soon not have anyone post the raws in here so that nobody is tempted to spoil the chapter with no tags like they just did with this chapter. It's not like it's a long wait before the translation comes out and HnG is pretty much always on time. It was nice when they finally caught up to Ashura so we didn't need to worry about it, really don't wanna go back to tiptoeing through the thread.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Jesus christ

Even for this series, that is some pretty extreme gore. I guess they wanted us to know that he is definitely 100% dead, but wow. Raian deciding not to gently caress around really something else :stonk:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Prediction: If Raian gets his shot at Edward, he loses badly.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I feel like anatomically speaking doing what Raian did would probably just rip off someone's lower jaw instead of splitting their torso.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Fabricated posted:

Prediction: If Raian gets his shot at Edward, he loses badly.
It'd be weird if this hyped-up big antagonist just ate it on the first go

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Huh. That's...something.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
one thing's for sure, won't be seeing Alan in Kengan Gamma

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I have no idea whats going on but Raian doing a runner is hilarious.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

here's the translation

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1195759/1

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Huh, thread was active way earlier then usual I wonder wha-

:stare:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Xia getting owned count: 6

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Alan pulled a knife at the end, before the rip and tear. Possibly disqualifying himself first?

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Nice

RIP AND TEAR

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Virtua Fighter represent!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
EDIT: n/m, had to read the wiki to catch up on some stuff.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Feb 4, 2021

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
I love that the medics in the last page brought buckets to remove what's left of Alan from the ring, Raian is a beast :allears:

Dr. Derek
Jan 1, 2010

Faster than a dead horse falling through orbit

I'm half expecting Raian to be declared the winner because Alan pulled a knife right before he got ripped in half

Rabid Boar
Apr 16, 2020

Soon, all of you will feel my hate, and suffer as I have suffered!

lmao

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Dr. Derek posted:

I'm half expecting Raian to be declared the winner because Alan pulled a knife right before he got ripped in half

I'm thinking both are handed a loss or the match is null. Alan started before the referee called it and pulled a weapon but they cannot overlook Raian killing his opponent especially when it's clear he still had the upper hand and the completely ruthless nature of the killing.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Holy poo poo that dude is dead as gently caress. Raian is absolutely unstoppable when he's done playing around. Alan pulled a weapon before getting King Konged, so that could be grounds for a disqualification or draw, though it was pretty clearly self defense after he realized Raian was going for the kill so I think the right call would be a Kengan loss, and the ref seems pretty competent so that would be my guess. Honestly though the tournament seems to be getting less and less important as the worm has started making its presence known.

Very exciting developments and I can't wait to see where this goes.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
lmao i thought for sure that raian was gonna turn out to be the real incarnation of the founder, but lol nope just brutalized the guy anyway, no powerup necessary

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

The fact that they didn't call it immediately, and the results are "under deliberation" means that they're going to either call it a draw/dual disqualification, or Kengan actually won. Pulling the knife was very deliberately shown, and this manga has always liked having subtle things in the action actually matter. I also liked how they called out that this is way more blatant than Gaoh's thing, so it'll be really funny if this is ruled a win because Alan was disqualified first :allears:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Also Edward He is the real reincarnation and raised Alan in the same lines as a sacrificial pawn

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I loving love how enthusiastic Raian is.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

(I made this)

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Feb 4, 2021

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Well, I guess that's one way to subvert expectations about the result of the match. :v:

Someone mentioned it already, but poor referee, she will need some solid therapy after this tournament.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
That man has no skeleton!!

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Zzulu posted:

That man has no skeleton!!

The effect of hundreds and hundreds of years of selective breeding.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Please stop bullying Xia so much...

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
gently caress Raian i want Meguro

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

This is going to be a tough job for Hanafusa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

This is going to be a tough job for Hanafusa.

Lol