Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
yeah it's totally awesome that they made it so the controls work on a single joycon to support little brother mode. it wouldnt be better at all if there was a separate button for dive so you don't accidentally ground pound in to the abyss :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mycophobia posted:

3, like every mario game except loss levels, is easy as poo poo though

3 world 8 is a good challenge imo

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Squeezy Farm posted:

yeah it's totally awesome that they made it so the controls work on a single joycon to support little brother mode. it wouldnt be better at all if there was a separate button for dive so you don't accidentally ground pound in to the abyss :thumbsup:

:rolleyes:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I don't think odyssey has bad controls if you use split joycon but they clearly only designed the controls around that, there's a bunch of cappy moves I think you straight up can't do without split joycon motion

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Squeezy Farm posted:

:frogleave:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

I don't think odyssey has bad controls if you use split joycon but they clearly only designed the controls around that, there's a bunch of cappy moves I think you straight up can't do without split joycon motion

really? I played through on a pro, the only move that was weird to do was the cappy spin since you had to do it like the n64 zelda quick spin. But the cappy spin is pointless so I didn't care much

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

bunch of people struggling with the controls that my two year old can operate itt

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

You can do all the motion controls with the Pro Controller too. It's really handheld mode that makes it awkward

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

bunch of people struggling with the controls that my two year old can operate itt

correct, the problem is that the controls were designed for nintendo babies. thank you

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The like one awesome thing about Mario Odyssey is how it feels like a dream to control.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
it does feel good thanks in big part to the great framerate but my opinion was tarnished by the annoying disappearing city moons and hate for motion controls.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

really? I played through on a pro, the only move that was weird to do was the cappy spin since you had to do it like the n64 zelda quick spin. But the cappy spin is pointless so I didn't care much

I guess the moves I'm thinking of just feel more natural on split joycon like upward/downwards cap throw and homing

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Gotta x-post myself from the music thread, just for the best ever rendition of the 64 theme. The album is on YouTube and has a lot of other jams, including shiggy rockin the banjo on a bangin slide theme

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

wasn't sure to post this here or in the nintendo thread. also not sure if this is just like widely known, like duh you don't have to post this we all already know it and love it, since i been out of the game for a few years. BUT this is the best actual performance of the best video game music to ever be created in past or future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaXoBdKj19E

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

American McGay posted:

The like one awesome thing about Mario Odyssey is how it feels like a dream to control.

I literally didn't have to look for the buttons or get taught to do anything besides jumping on cappy, you just know how to move

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1357109654892011526?s=20

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im wondering why it would seem reasonable to corner yourself when being pursued by an enemy

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

im wondering why it would seem reasonable to corner yourself when being pursued by an enemy

Might be a good opportunity to beg for your life.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

"ha! I have a full health wheel and I already have 94 coins, far fewer than I need from the easy red coin ramp. now that I'm between two walls, do your worst, bob omb. nothing but terra firma here."

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Edges are scary and walls feel safe (although as revealed by this tweet, looks can be deceiving).

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

i just spent like 10 mins accidentally reading cspam and almost actually posting there but then i remembered mario and came here instead... phew

https://twitter.com/LucyXIV/status/1356920736015781892?s=20

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/kobunheat/status/1357488378204151810?s=21

NienNunb fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Feb 5, 2021

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
That's sick. Crazy Zelda vibes from the Forest of Illusion one.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

its gonna be cool when someone mods it into the rom

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

whoa, thats fuckin cool

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

*quietly setting up a ball on a tee* the water level one is awesome

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
the reverb sounds bad

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
athletic is good though

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Fighting back the urge to make some very embarrassing earnest posts about how much I love Mario music, especially from the 80s and 90s

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Fighting back the urge to make some very embarrassing earnest posts about how much I love Mario music, especially from the 80s and 90s

why would that be embarrassing?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

symbolic posted:

because feelings are for girls and liking things is for homosexual men

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

because feelings are for girls and liking things is for homosexual men

Im a homosexual man who loves Mario like im a little girl

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Mario 64's soundtrack means the world to me.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Mario games have perfect music.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

symbolic posted:

Because it entails an elaborate comparison to the greatest band of all time, phish

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Rereading my post I can see how it sounded like I was embarrassed of liking Mario music, which is not at all the case. Embarrassed at how much I want to write thousands of words comparing Miyamoto to Trey Anastasio

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

captain toad putting a bunch of bumper stickers on his spaceship and driving thousands of light years once a season so he can hear the 20 minute cover of Careful with That Ax, Luigi

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Rereading my post I can see how it sounded like I was embarrassed of liking Mario music, which is not at all the case. Embarrassed at how much I want to write thousands of words comparing Miyamoto to Trey Anastasio

you should be embarrassed, you should be comparing koji kondo with trey anastasio

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

you should be embarrassed, you should be comparing koji kondo with trey anastasio

ACTUALLY the foundation of the comparison is less about the music or composition itself and more about their roles as bringers of wholesome joy into the world, whose creative peaks are pure embodiments of playfulness without pretentiousness or self-seriousness. The childish silliness of their art has at times led to reputations of being deeply uncool, and in a sense these reputations are earned — coolness isn’t the point, coolness is fickle, Trey and Shiggy are making art that’s timeless, that transcen—

Oh gently caress itsh appening

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

The Mario games have perfect music.

its insane