Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Appetizers are over, the new rage is Comfort Food.
Whatever that means to you, whether it is a cheesy bowl of mac and cheese, a nice creamy fish pie, or maybe a steaming hot cup of cocoa when you come in from playing in/shoveling the snow.

Comfort Food is worth 15 points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

a monster posted:

a nice creamy fish pie

stop that

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

stop that

Creamy Fish Pie with Cheesy Mash

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Grandicap posted:

Appetizers are over, the new rage is Comfort Food.
Whatever that means to you, whether it is a cheesy bowl of mac and cheese, a nice creamy fish pie, or maybe a steaming hot cup of cocoa when you come in from playing in/shoveling the snow.

Comfort Food is worth 15 points.

BUT CHILLI IS THE BEST COMFORT FOOD

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

IA spends a lot of the game both defending Bif and gently pushing Sand without actually prosecuting a case of any kind. I have bolded those parts that are extra juicy and suspicious, where IA stops short of calling Sand scum in a way he can't get out of:

Idle Amalgam posted:

It sounds like sand is making meta excuses to keep a player in the game which is weird.

Bif +1ing that doesnt seem weird though.

I interpreted that last sand post as "this player, when town, is so good that finding them suspicious early on is suspicious"

And that just seems like a bad reason to find anyone else suspicious.

Idle Amalgam posted:

Some quick unwarranted alignment calls based on what little mafia interaction there is.

Ref/sci - I dont feel like both of these players are town but I'm on the fence about both of them and have no strong opinions either way.

I just ~feel~ that these two probably dont share an alignment from the interactions.

Bif - town feel
Hal - town feel more or less
Merk - null, but curious with that earlier Hal callout.
Sand - null-leaning scum with that defense of scientastic, but I'm finding that I often misread sand in-game

Idle Amalgam posted:

I dont like that pig move either, but my gut meta says that's a standard pig play with familiar.

Too early to tell, but at this point I'm almost interested in the ref flip for analysis.

Buttttt I'd also vote sand I just feel like I might be misreading them again.

Idle Amalgam posted:

Lol, well I'm not scum. Sorry, chum.

Anyhow I would probably vote sand.

I feel sand and sci are probably scum together.

Idle Amalgam posted:

Gut feel on sand, dont like sci's behavior

Idle Amalgam posted:

Hal Insandenza posted:

IA seems ok to me, I think sci's case is overblown again like it was with Ref yesterday

Sandwolf seems bad, his Sand Allliance pass is revoked

merk seems to be the towniest of towns this game

more thoughts in a bit as I wind down from a tense day of driving

I will see if I can at least generate a midnight snack

Man, I just am either completely wrong about this game or these reads are way off.

Idle Amalgam posted:

It's not me, sorry. I think may be one of sandwolf/ggn.

I'm not much more active than them.

I need to go to the store for some ingredients for cooking, but for mafia...

Well, sandwolf was kind of curious earlier on and I dont find them outright suspicious like I normally do.

GGN has been more mysterious.

I made my own recipe and it hit the spot.

IA eventually did vote for Sandwolf, but honestly, by that point the execution was inevitable

Idle Amalgam posted:

Nah. You're probably spot on scientastic. I dont think your lying and what you think about the night action bingo makes sense, I'll be voting scumwolf.

Even if OA hadn't claimed to have seen IA visiting GGN, IA is still 100% scum.

##Vote Idle Amalgam

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Here is a series of quotes from Bif where he made any sort of alignment call on IA:

Bifauxnen posted:

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

And here is Sandwolf's only mention of IA's alignment:

Sandwolf posted:

I'm still not scum, but like I said to Cpig, I have no idea how I have been 'caught'? so I don't know how to refute it and I don't plan to cook much more and you will be able to figure out who was lying when I flip town, I hope?

my three reads for when I flip town:

IA has just not ever shown that spark I expect him to show
Hal has been chilling in the background, not commenting on very much
GGN is pure wallflower

I should be putting up a fight here but this feels like one of those instances where y'all just need to see my flip

I mean, come on, this is like a proper cliché: Sandwolf doesn't want to leave out his scumbuddy in his "here are my scumpicks, I am resigned town ready to die" but look at that reasoning... I think the scumteam probably thought that IA could spend the game flying under the radar, and just didn't want to draw attention to him.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Eh, it isnt me.

I wish it were me.

I hedge a lot by nature.

Bif and I are always at opposite ends.

Felt sandwolf was scummy early on, but nothing came of that, as is often the case.

Typically, when I'm suspicious of someone, everyone else has other feelings completely.

In any case, do what you have to do.

I'm not your scum though.

It is probably Hal.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
We can get another day of food posts in by extending this!

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Wolf is still in the votefinder

:zombie:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (5): CapitalistPig, Hal Insandenza, Idle Amalgam, ObamaAkbar., Scientastic

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I forgot to start the new day in votefinder. So all votes have been cleared due to mod error.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

##Vote Idle Amalgam

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Gaze into my pure slime heart and know the truth.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I made one of my favourite comfort foods for lunch. Soup and grilled cheese: looks a bit like a bowl of brown, but it was delicious. Leftover roasted vegetables and chicken stock, homemade bread, cheese.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Oh man, a grilled cheese sounds like it would really hit right now.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

It does seem like it has to be IA. I really think cpig is town based on the night action reveals. Sci's night actions catching out Sandwolf also make him basically confirmed town, I don't love his rush to vote today but it makes sense given his casing. Obama I have felt was pretty town as well, although he doesn't have the bona fides that sci and cpig do

IA's weird play around sandwolf yesterday maybe a bit odd for scum? But I could see it as a token effort to test the waters elsewhere before giving in to the inevitable

I do hate to end the day early when there is cooking to be done though

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
My play is weirder than yours, hal?

I said they may be scum and that's weiiirrrddd?

Okay lol

Keep in mind you're only reason for not voting sand, after paying attention to night action and commenting on their alignment, is that you're in some sand alliance lol.

That's weirder with regard to playing mafia when the objective of winning as town is lunching scum, imo.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Idle Amalgam posted:

My play is weirder than yours, hal?

I said they may be scum and that's weiiirrrddd?

Okay lol

Keep in mind you're only reason for not voting sand, after paying attention to night action and commenting on their alignment, is that you're in some sand alliance lol.

That's weirder with regard to playing mafia when the objective of winning as town is lunching scum, imo.

Basically there was a clear dichotomy at that point that either sci or sand was lying and was scum. You came in and said hmmm maybe sand is scum but what about someone else (obama?).

My thing with sand was clearly a joke and I would have voted them if it came down to that. I had already clearly stated multiple times that Sandwolf seemed to be caught scum. You are really trying to spin this

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Also IA shameful using you're when you meant your, tsk tsk aren't gonna win any thunderdomes that way

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Hal Insandenza posted:

Basically there was a clear dichotomy at that point that either sci or sand was lying and was scum. You came in and said hmmm maybe sand is scum but what about someone else (obama?).

My thing with sand was clearly a joke and I would have voted them if it came down to that. I had already clearly stated multiple times that Sandwolf seemed to be caught scum. You are really trying to spin this

I completely agree with this from Hal: IA is trying to make out that it was the hedging that was weird, it was the fact that at a time when it was very clearly Sandwolf OR me, IA came in and said "yeah, I suppose it could be Sandwolf, but look at this guy!"

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Lol it's counterproductive, but I love when town is also wrong about strong convictions.

I get it... my body was there at the scene of the crime. Only.... it wasnt me.

We have enough bodies with a misslunch and nk to still win?

Hmm only 5 of us.. risky, but if 1 scum left and they cant vig and nk or something along those lines. Then I'm okay dying!

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Hal Insandenza posted:

Also IA shameful using you're when you meant your, tsk tsk aren't gonna win any thunderdomes that way

Lmao, I'll win again... just you watch.... my win-loss ratio is misleading... you'll see, you'll all see!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

My comfort food is a good bowl of curry noodles.

I like Samyang brand Buldak Curry and my most basic additions (mushrooms, onions, and a couple of fried eggs.)

This bowl is my nice spicy breakfast noodles today.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
While not strictly risotto I don't think this is quite as egregious as me trying to pass off the steak the other day.

My wife bought these

So I decided to make them for lunch.

Homemade Labneh spread on one side with some red onion and a slice of american on the other side because it melts really well for burger type things.

Cooked those up in my cast iron griddle with a small amount of duck fat rubbed onto the pan.

You can give me points for risotto if you want but you don't have to.

It was actually not too bad at all. The patties were crispy on the outside and creamy and risottoey on the inside.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

That seems like it should be worth half points at least

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Okay so....I know I kind of already submitted instant noodles....but this has has napa cabbage, a poached egg (under the napa cabbage), and some pork belly, and uses the ~fancy kind~ of instant noodle with More Beef Stock, and also, isn't in a paper cup lol. this is one of my #1 comfort foods. but i get it if this also doesn't count because it has the same base as another submission.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Welp, don't really see any reason to prolong this.

##vote idle

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Idle Amalgam (2): Scientastic, CapitalistPig

Not Voting (3): Hal Insandenza, Idle Amalgam, ObamaAkbar.

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 06th, 2021 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 21 hours.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
If everything has been said and done, and conviction is where it's going to be, I will bite this bullet.

However, since I am not scum, really wrack your brains over who the final scum is.

Scientastic is p much clear.

Out of Pig, Obama and Hal.

Obama claims to have tracked me to GGN and Scientastic on Obama to me. So unless they coordinated some bullshit as non-town, which doesn't make sense, they are most likely town.

12 players, 3 scum seems reasonable, but didn't someone say it was like 33.33% or some bullshit for a ratio? that would put as at 4 scum and we will be boned if it's a 4 scum sitch, but working on the idea that there are 3 scum, with 1 remaining, I'm betting on Hal.

If there are 2 scum, I'd say Obama and Scientastic :tinfoil:, but it's noteworthy that Obama isn't voting me yet so :shrug:

Anyhow, I've gotten out my final thoughts.

Hammer me if you feel so inclined.

I'm not going to hammer myself on the off-chance there are 4 scum, and that makes my death GG.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Also I'm ashamed that I haven't cooked any recipes :|

I did buy stuff to make pasta and panna cotta though lol. Better late than never.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Idle Amalgam posted:

Also I'm ashamed that I haven't cooked any recipes :|

I did buy stuff to make pasta and panna cotta though lol. Better late than never.

I am going to the store now to get ingredients to make... things.

I suppose I could hammer but I never want this game to end!

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Idle Amalgam posted:

If everything has been said and done, and conviction is where it's going to be, I will bite this bullet.

However, since I am not scum, really wrack your brains over who the final scum is.

Scientastic is p much clear.

Out of Pig, Obama and Hal.

Obama claims to have tracked me to GGN and Scientastic on Obama to me. So unless they coordinated some bullshit as non-town, which doesn't make sense, they are most likely town.

12 players, 3 scum seems reasonable, but didn't someone say it was like 33.33% or some bullshit for a ratio? that would put as at 4 scum and we will be boned if it's a 4 scum sitch, but working on the idea that there are 3 scum, with 1 remaining, I'm betting on Hal.

If there are 2 scum, I'd say Obama and Scientastic :tinfoil:, but it's noteworthy that Obama isn't voting me yet so :shrug:

Anyhow, I've gotten out my final thoughts.

Hammer me if you feel so inclined.

I'm not going to hammer myself on the off-chance there are 4 scum, and that makes my death GG.

I love that these final thoughts don't actually say who you think is scum.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Oh wait, you do, it's just buried in a lot of rubbish

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

If it's not IA, which I am pretty sure it is, my money would be on Cpig doing a crazy gambit

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
lol okay

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Well, Hal/Obama, start the next night phase.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Scientastic posted:

If it's not IA, which I am pretty sure it is, my money would be on Cpig doing a crazy gambit

nah it's hal if it aint idle

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

nah it's hal if it aint idle

It’s not, but I can’t see it being you either. It’s gonna be IA though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'