Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

luchajones posted:

Stars Wars Fact:

It stinks!

I never thought I’d be emptyquoting a Josh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream

poisonpill posted:

I never thought I’d be emptyquoting a Josh

and you failed

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
why did the star destroyer have a garbage compactor if it just jettisons it all out into space anyways

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
so that they didn’t have to put a new bag in as often

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnTpl93q3Bc

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Mozi posted:

why did the star destroyer have a garbage compactor if it just jettisons it all out into space anyways

It was a trashquarium for that hentai monster. It was a pet that the Rebel scum murdered!

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Hmm, now that i think about it, we only see the rebels abuse and kill animals in the movies

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Regarde Aduck posted:

People that get really mad about spoilers are a very vocal minority. But don’t worry, it is a growing movement. It’s fomo mixed with a meme. The idea that once ‘spoiled’ nothing about the journey matters because now you won’t have enjoyed it quite as much. That now there is a universe out there where you didn’t get spoiled so your enjoyment quotient was just that little bit higher. When actually you don’t watch things just to move from revelation to revelation.

There's also the fact that, if you understand story structure, then you've automatically spoiled 90% of everything for yourself. For example: In every heist movie, if they explain every step of the plan, that means the plan is going to go wrong. If they don't explain the entire plan, then it is going to work.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

luchajones posted:

Stars Wars Fact:

It stinks!

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Taintrunner posted:

There’s an entire comic about a female engineer in the Empire who falls in love with Darth Vader. This is how Vader deals with it after finding out:

Canon.

someone posted this in the previous thread and somebody else replied

quote:

A woman?
*draws lightsaber*

and lol that still cracks me up

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

juggalo baby coffin posted:

i rewatched the most recent best of the worst, cause i wasnt paying full attention the first time, and i think i wish they had destroyed The Suckling. a disgusting setup is one thing, but that ending really kills the movie for me. i like a lot of trashy, sleazy movies, but you gotta have a proper karmic ending if you're going to have such an awful setup. it's part of the fun in those types of trashy movies, seeing the villains get their comeuppance in the most horrifying ways possible.

The thing about The Suckling is that I'm 99% sure the movie is basically anti-abortion propaganda* , and as far is it's concerned, all the villains did get their comeuppance: The brothel/clinic staff, the boyfriend, and of course, the mother for daring to have an abortion, and she even got the most horrific death.

*: I want to say that this movie is what a ex-hippie mom that's getting her brainworms would put in for her 16-20 teenage daughter to watch to make them scared of sex

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ComplexPop/status/1357454131871506434

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

https://youtu.be/RhMYBfF7-hE

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Ah, it's his opus. He's been refining the UNO-based heist concept for years

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

ProperCoochie posted:

someone posted this in the previous thread and somebody else replied

and lol that still cracks me up

https://youtu.be/IdyXKJ8NcNI

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

PostNouveau posted:

Ah, it's his opus. He's been refining the UNO-based heist concept for years

when all seems lost and the villain has won, the hero manages to shout 'uno!' first and saves the day

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

The heist team devolves into chaos over an argument over whether you should be allowed to put +4 on another +4.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Patreon Update:

quote:

Hey everyone. A new Half in the Bag should be coming soon. We mentioned in an earlier update that we planned to discuss the movies Synchronic and Psycho Goreman, but we also ended up doing a third movie, Promising Young Woman.

We also just shot an impromptu Best of the Worst spotlight episode for the 1971 Texas-lensed classic Blood Shack, aka The Chooper. We weren't planning to do a spotlight episode anytime soon but with the nightmarish Wisconsin winter in full swing and temperatures dipping below zero for the next week or so, we wanted to shoot something before it gets too cold to film in the studio!

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I would simply fill the warehouse with insulation, so that the content production can continue year round

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Saw that; I went to the movie house to see Promising Young Woman a few weeks ago, and it would be an industrial-grade Take Engine if anyone had actually seen it.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I never want to play Uno again in my life.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The warehouse being impossible to heat is a fun new addition to the lore

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LanceHunter posted:

Patreon Update:

Oh my god they have an excuse to skip the CONEMATIC EVENT OF THE YEAR THE HBO MAX RELEASE OF THE LEGENDARY SNYDER CUT OF THR GREATEST DC CINEMATIC UNIVERSE BLOCKBUSTER OF ALL TIME, ZACK SMYDER’S THE JUSTICE LEAGUE???

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Haven’t they put on their winter weight yet? They don’t need studio insulation!

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Taintrunner posted:

Oh my god they have an excuse to skip the CONEMATIC EVENT OF THE YEAR THE HBO MAX RELEASE OF THE LEGENDARY SNYDER CUT OF THR GREATEST DC CINEMATIC UNIVERSE BLOCKBUSTER OF ALL TIME, ZACK SMYDER’S THE JUSTICE LEAGUE???

What? There's still well over a month until the Snyder Cut drops on HBO Max. And given that every superhero movie review they do averages double the views of their other content, I imagine they'll find a way to shoot a HitB about it.

We can all look forward to Mike's partially-correct recollections of the movie he half-watched while folding laundry and doing other chores.

EDIT: This actually made me curious, so I went to their youtube channel and sorted the videos by popularity. The top 21 videos are all Plinkett reviews or superhero/Star Wars/Ghostbusters HitBs. Hell, their Suicide Squad video is in the top 20, well ahead of any BotW videos. (The first BotW video to appear is the Surviving Edged Weapons Wheel episode, at number 22.)

LanceHunter fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Feb 5, 2021

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Looking forward to that sweet Chooper content!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

LanceHunter posted:

What? There's still well over a month until the Snyder Cut drops on HBO Max. And given that every superhero movie review they do averages double the views of their other content, I imagine they'll find a way to shoot a HitB about it.

We can all look forward to Mike's partially-correct recollections of the movie he half-watched while folding laundry and doing other chores.

EDIT: This actually made me curious, so I went to their youtube channel and sorted the videos by popularity. The top 21 videos are all Plinkett reviews or superhero/Star Wars/Ghostbusters HitBs. Hell, their Suicide Squad video is in the top 20, well ahead of any BotW videos. (The first BotW video to appear is the Surviving Edged Weapons Wheel episode, at number 22.)

Tragic the oinking masses love their superhero reviews. Not like us connoisseurs who know that the best content is Josh and Jay reviewing 80s horror sequels.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

LanceHunter posted:

*swirls wineglass*

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LanceHunter posted:

oh gently caress I thought it was Feb. 18 not March 18. Goddamnit!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Christopher Plummer died. Rip Von Trapp.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

RIP to a GOAT

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

if you want an amazing 90s virtual reality attempt at cyberpunk schlock, Virtuosity is on amazon prime. i watched it last night and forgot how terrible/entertaining it is. i mean roger ebert liked it and there werent even any tits!

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Looking up his Oscar win and drat 2012 was a weak year.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
Gonna recommended a Christopher Plummer movie most people probably haven't seen, The Silent Partner. It's a 70's thriller where he plays a psycho bank robber.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Arcsquad12 posted:

Christopher Plummer died. Rip Von Trapp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu1ybdZdl3I&t=34s

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hackers film 1995 posted:

if you want an amazing 90s virtual reality attempt at cyberpunk schlock, Virtuosity is on amazon prime. i watched it last night and forgot how terrible/entertaining it is. i mean roger ebert liked it and there werent even any tits!

gently caress yes it is, that movie rules and I re-watch it regularly. Also the best Joker movie ever made, Russel Crowe is just loving fantastic.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
He's pretty good in The Pink Panther Returns

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

He's so loving good in this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Taintrunner posted:

gently caress yes it is, that movie rules and I re-watch it regularly. Also the best Joker movie ever made, Russel Crowe is just loving fantastic.

that movie, strange days, hackers (obviously), lawnmower man, johnny mnemonic, etc are all movies that hit this 90s schlock g- spot and it fuckin rules