Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Not sure how many of yall play on console but this patch makes the game feel extremely good on series X. I played the game when it first came out on xbox one x and it looked great but the framerate made it kind of difficult to play. Now thats 4k 60 fps, its a dream. I'm glad I got the warlords of NY dlc when it was on sale because of how nice it is to play now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Psion posted:

G36 (bloom pattern bothers me)
That was its report title for military trials :v:

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Div2 hung trying to start for me last night, but killing the process let me restart fine. Elsewise, it's been running with no issues. :iiam:

The two places I found players to emote at reliably have been the White House (outside, at the vendor/stash/crafting benches), and NYFC - spawn, run upstairs and find people all the time. Safe house encounters are utterly random, I've found, and more often than not nobody's home.

Last night, I went Eclipse (and totally forgot to check the status effect markers) so I could burn everyone for the event. Went Hunter's Laptop/Vile for the Arena. (max skill damage 3 HW/2 Empress/Vile for the armored car, love me that turret/drone there.) Including the rogues popping up in the area between Books and Diesel - that was burny chem launcher and Scorpio, and they stayed far enough back to let me magdump and reload without getting mauled too badly.

There does seem to be some buff to shotguns, BTW - I'm popping heads awfully far away, for shotgun.

I'll probably have to bust out the Sweet Dreams/Claws Out and go Summit for the melee event challenges. Maybe decoy/shock trap to get the photos for that one.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
not sure how I can go back to other guns now that I've been holding right trigger down for a couple days

https://i.imgur.com/btKdO8e.gifv

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

In case anyone cares, The WONY Official Soundtrack was released today.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Has the DLC ever been on sale for PS4/5?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Wamdoodle posted:

In case anyone cares, The WONY Official Soundtrack was released today.
Thanks, I'd been waiting for this! It's really too bad they did such an awful job on tracking if I go by the Pathway Park music. Division 1's soundtrack did it far better; this is probably the worst the official album has compared to a game rip since Invisible Inc.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Phil Layshow posted:

Today's daily project looks bugged for me. I did the three summit floors and didn't get credit. Oh well, I went ahead and did the emotes and resupplies. Went back to the summit, and the project tracking shows i didn't do anything.

Edit: looks like people in the division subreddit have experienced the same thing. Maybe that's why I had to go to like five different safe houses to find enough people to emote to. People just not playing while it's messed up.

i don't know what platform you're on but PC i haven't seen this many active players wandering around the BoO since WONY launch. I got a queue message last night. I don't think people aren't playing is the reason you're having issues.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

moist turtleneck posted:

not sure how I can go back to other guns now that I've been holding right trigger down for a couple days

https://i.imgur.com/btKdO8e.gifv
Having to hold down the trigger like that on a Challenging bounty really isn't saying what you think it is.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Shumagorath posted:

Having to hold down the trigger like that on a Challenging bounty really isn't saying what you think it is.

It says to me 'multiplayer health scaling is unfun'. :grin:

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Psion posted:

i don't know what platform you're on but PC i haven't seen this many active players wandering around the BoO since WONY launch. I got a queue message last night. I don't think people aren't playing is the reason you're having issues.

ps4. i dunno. could have been just a one off, but it was strange enough to be noticable. whats weird is i got a queue message last night too, but everywhere seemed to be dead. like enough i was about to pop in to the dz, which i try to avoid. i dunno what platform is most popular on the subreddit.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Has anyone put any builds together specifically for the reanimated event?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Shumagorath posted:

Thanks, I'd been waiting for this! It's really too bad they did such an awful job on tracking if I go by the Pathway Park music. Division 1's soundtrack did it far better; this is probably the worst the official album has compared to a game rip since Invisible Inc.

Doom Eternal's soundtrack release was pretty bad.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Morter posted:

It says to me 'multiplayer health scaling is unfun'. :grin:

I do more damage with my level 36 character i'm putting through WONY right now. the issue at hand is not health scaling.

bullet king is fun and good and that's what matters, but also the guy is below SHD 100, so I'm inclined to cut em some slack while they put something together to work better with bk and I am glad it's fun in the meantime.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The Negotiators dilemma ar build being discussed earlier is pretty good for creating lots of re-animated quickly so you can burn/headshot/grenade/whatever them for challenges.

Running a pump shotgun and going for headshots is also incredibly satisfying with this event.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Shumagorath posted:

yeah he died way quicker than in two days, which meant I got to do other bounties too

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Anny build that features guns and the firing of said guns,is a good build for this.

Rynyin
Feb 10, 2006

H.Y.C.Y.BH?

So I haven't played since the start of Season 2, (I think, it was shortly after Foundry) and the free RE stuff pulled me back in for a bit.

Have there been any significant changes or new stuff besides the optimization station or the summit? Like new equipment, weapons or legendary stuff that open up different play styles? Do the global events still suck?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Can I get the Nemesis piece Puck drops first? I dismantled the rifle you get on the hovercraft, and I remember having Nemesis on the PS4 and it was kinda cool. But I'm not sure if I gotta do other stuff first or if I can just keep killing Puck hoping it drops.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Capn Beeb posted:

Can I get the Nemesis piece Puck drops first? I dismantled the rifle you get on the hovercraft, and I remember having Nemesis on the PS4 and it was kinda cool. But I'm not sure if I gotta do other stuff first or if I can just keep killing Puck hoping it drops.

Once you have one part the blueprint should drop from Puck, yes.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Fellas I ain’t getting good rolls on my drops and I would like it if the drops had good rolls.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Rynyin posted:

So I haven't played since the start of Season 2, (I think, it was shortly after Foundry) and the free RE stuff pulled me back in for a bit.

Have there been any significant changes or new stuff besides the optimization station or the summit? Like new equipment, weapons or legendary stuff that open up different play styles? Do the global events still suck?

Hunter's Fury gearset with Firewall shield is the new SMG/shotgun set up. Very fun. Encourages you to bumrush enemy groups. Scorpio is a new shotgun exotic that dumps status effects on enemies you hit including making them take 20% extra damage from all sources permanently.

Momento is the rainbow roll exotic backpack (has red, blue, and yellow cores). Best used for up close and personal DPS builds, pick up trophies from enemies you kill that give you a temp buff and a long-term buff (extra weapon damage, skill efficiency, and armor regen).

Rigger is a new gearset for skill builds, pretty solid. Capacitor is new AR exotic for skill builds, gets 7.5% extra weapon damage per yellow core (so at full skill tier you get the equivalent of 3 red cores) and hits build stacks of 1.5% skill damage up to a total of 40 stacks (60% skill damage) that decays over time. Solid alternative to In Sync.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

skaianDestiny posted:

Hunter's Fury gearset with Firewall shield is the new SMG/shotgun set up. Very fun. Encourages you to bumrush enemy groups. Scorpio is a new shotgun exotic that dumps status effects on enemies you hit including making them take 20% extra damage from all sources permanently.

Momento is the rainbow roll exotic backpack (has red, blue, and yellow cores). Best used for up close and personal DPS builds, pick up trophies from enemies you kill that give you a temp buff and a long-term buff (extra weapon damage, skill efficiency, and armor regen).

Rigger is a new gearset for skill builds, pretty solid. Capacitor is new AR exotic for skill builds, gets 7.5% extra weapon damage per yellow core (so at full skill tier you get the equivalent of 3 red cores) and hits build stacks of 1.5% skill damage up to a total of 40 stacks (60% skill damage) that decays over time. Solid alternative to In Sync.

Specifically putting Hunters fury, Momento backpack, and scorpio together is just hilarious fun. I was able to run my first heroic lincoln memorial with this setup last night. With the event on no less, and cleared it in like 10 minutes. Normally I have to run it with a skill build to farm good targeted loot days, but now that I know I can do it with a shotgun bum rush build, life is going to be sweet.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Memento is like the "don't have a dedicated exotic gear in mind? Use memento" option. It works with everything since even the passive buff is super good once you max out stacks. I use it with Pestilence and it's great. And even when full the stacks are great armor pickups when you're in a bad spot.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

My last 4 exotics have been Sweet Dreams.
1 boss drop and 3 caches.
I will uninstall this game again if that's what they're trying to tell me.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Who are you to disagree

Screama
Nov 25, 2007
Yes, I am very cereal.

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Specifically putting Hunters fury, Momento backpack, and scorpio together is just hilarious fun. I was able to run my first heroic lincoln memorial with this setup last night. With the event on no less, and cleared it in like 10 minutes. Normally I have to run it with a skill build to farm good targeted loot days, but now that I know I can do it with a shotgun bum rush build, life is going to be sweet.

The speed at which HF kills things honestly feels like cheating sometimes

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

If you're impressed with HF now wait til you run it with a full damage setup.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I ran a very unoptimized HF+Scorpio this morning and yeah Scorpio owns? Did a couple of Viewpoint to get HF gloves and better pieces so I can drop the HF backpack and place Memento back but so far it feels real nice. A surprising amount of crowd control between all the debuffs and strong damage even at mid range.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Thanks to whoever pointed out that you can farm named item caches through the event vendor. Think i got 8 of them before being burned out on zombies. Obviously got a bunch of useless stuff, but did end up with the gift backpack which is only 2 optimizations away from perfect so it was totally worth it.

Only real named item i want at this point is the dark winter smg.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

skaianDestiny posted:

Capacitor is new AR exotic for skill builds, gets 7.5% extra weapon damage per yellow core (so at full skill tier you get the equivalent of 3 red cores) and hits build stacks of 1.5% skill damage up to a total of 40 stacks (60% skill damage) that decays over time. Solid alternative to In Sync.

just to add on to this, don't sleep on putting one red core in your skill build if you use capacitor. Technician spec gives you the 6th skill tier and your gun is now solidly usable. It's the most gun damage I've ever seen on a skill build, and Capacitor amps up your skills while you use it? Super great.

I bring this up solely because I've spent the last two days looking for a better skill haste/skill damage empress piece to optimize and have struck out from a whole lotta CP4s. argh loot gamesssssss

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Psion posted:

I do more damage with my level 36 character i'm putting through WONY right now. the issue at hand is not health scaling.

No you don’t

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Running demo, tons of status effect, vile mask, and using disrupt pulse to kill people is insanely funny

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Thanks to whoever pointed out that you can farm named item caches through the event vendor. Think i got 8 of them before being burned out on zombies. Obviously got a bunch of useless stuff, but did end up with the gift backpack which is only 2 optimizations away from perfect so it was totally worth it.

Only real named item i want at this point is the dark winter smg.

Event vendor? Zombies?

I feel like I've missed something I thought this was just apparel items.

Or are we talking about the reanimated thing

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Running demo, tons of status effect, vile mask, and using disrupt pulse to kill people is insanely funny
:pseudo:

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Orange Carlisle posted:

Event vendor? Zombies?

I feel like I've missed something I thought this was just apparel items.

Or are we talking about the reanimated thing

Yea. The reanimated event. There is a vendor next to the white house spawn point that lets you trade in stars youve earned during the event for all sorts of caches.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

named caches out of GE vendors is the best decision they've made in at least 6 months

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Psion posted:

just to add on to this, don't sleep on putting one red core in your skill build if you use capacitor. Technician spec gives you the 6th skill tier and your gun is now solidly usable. It's the most gun damage I've ever seen on a skill build, and Capacitor amps up your skills while you use it? Super great.

I bring this up solely because I've spent the last two days looking for a better skill haste/skill damage empress piece to optimize and have struck out from a whole lotta CP4s. argh loot gamesssssss

I do this, and I also put CHC mods in my armor slots on my turret/drone build since skill haste isn't super important there anyway. It's really nice not being limited to a pea shooter on a SHD wizard build for once.

Anyway I took the advice to switch my ND build to all reds and yeah, you all were right. Who needs defense when everything is dead?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Hulk Krogan posted:

Who needs defense when everything is dead?
:hmmorks:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Yeah blue builds are poo poo for anything other than PvP. Red and skill builds are balanced for PvE, not so much blue.