Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Is this an official poster?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
It doesn't appear to be!

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

karmicknight posted:

I can't believe a movie I have never seen and everyone I've talked too cannot describe to me in any detail made a bunch of money. Like Avatar is this complete blind spot for my culturally where no one I know retained any information regarding it.

Seeing it get a sequel after (number) years is just as wild.

it's dances with wolves with cg

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

karmicknight posted:

I can't believe a movie I have never seen and everyone I've talked too cannot describe to me in any detail made a bunch of money. Like Avatar is this complete blind spot for my culturally where no one I know retained any information regarding it.

You didn't miss anything. I think I saw it in 3D, and the only reason I saw it at all is because it was in 3D. And I think it was because my brother got free tickets or something...

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
I saw it in the theater in 3D, I liked it, but didn't feel like I needed two more movies.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

to celebrate, the coward mods should give me a new avatar avatar

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
That one is my favorite because it was specifically from the nintendo wii port of avatar. I wanted to do a 3d rotating model like ripped from the game but it was beyond my skillset.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I've only ever watched the Riffttax version of Avatar and it still wasn't any good.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Cease to Hope posted:

That's a movie that pretty much Just Happened, too

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Until Game of Thrones I don't think any media IP has left the public consciousness faster than Avatar

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Woah. I had a dream last night that I got news that James Cameron died. I was like "woah, that really sucks."

:shrug:

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

karmicknight posted:

it's ferngully with less singing

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Who What Now posted:

Until Game of Thrones I don't think any media IP has left the public consciousness faster than Avatar

game of what lol

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I can't wait for the Avatar Avatar thread to broaden into avatars of Smurfs, Navi from Ocarina of Time, the Blue Man Crew, NetNavis from Megaman Battle Network, and just ships and sailors from the navy.

Who What Now posted:

At least that had way more engagement from the rest of the public consciousness while it was running.

I think that spoiler-aversions help kill these things because when there's a bad ending, everybody wants to talk about that ending, but spoiler rules mean nobody gets to talk about the ending, so it all just muffles itself entirely.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
https://twitter.com/Jwhitbrook/status/1359691550385700868

:gaz:

e:

Apparently she was fired last November.

https://twitter.com/AaronCouch/status/1359698566781034498

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Feb 11, 2021

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Brute Squad posted:

it's ferngully with less singing

I fukken loved Ferngully. Does it hold up outside the Tim Curry parts I'm always watching on youtube?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Royal Updog posted:

I fukken loved Ferngully. Does it hold up outside the Tim Curry parts I'm always watching on youtube?

Are you in the mood for an animated Dances With Wolves? Because that's basically what it is.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
posting to say I appreciate where the mass effect threads are at atm and someone needs to sticky them for preservation before someone bumps another thread

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Cease to Hope posted:

Dances with Smurfs.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

It will own if Avatar sequel is also 'The Holy Road' movie we never got.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
so what's up with the dome

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
The dome is closed. To the posters who were attempting to have a good faith discussion about stereotypes, thank you very much. At this time it is going to remain closed until the sci fi wi fi team has discussed what standard for good faith discussion we are using for the thread going forward and what we're going to do with the discussion we were having up until the moment I decided to just close the thread. At this time I make no guarantees that it will be opened again and I happily invite the users of this forum to make specific topic threads about various events from within the prequels if there is something from those movies they wish to have discussed as a specific point of order. As a reminder for anyone looking to talk about the original trilogy and the sequels their respective domes remain open.

For anyone who looks back on what they wrote and might reflect that it failed to meet the standard of good faith discussion, I suggest going home and rethinking your lives.

As always thoughts are welcome both here and the sci fi wi fi feedback thread and anything posted regarding this decision in either will be given consideration by the team. I hope everyone enjoys their saturday afternoon.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
kinda sucks that it's staying closed. oh wells.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
RIP to a legendary thread

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

prequeldome 2: attack of the domes

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Since when was that thing supposed to be good faith anyway? It's just Slapfight: The Thread

At least it should be. Anyone posting serious stupid poo poo should get ran out.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
eh, whatever. it was probably a hassle to mod.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Fine then at least go put this as the last post in that thread to cap it off.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Nah

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
it's not really my thing but a prequel meme thread would probably be fine as long as everyone knows it's a no arguing zone

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Meme thread and sister thread where all prequelposts must follow the five paragraph essay format, or be a five paragraph rebuttal of a previous essay

Barudak
May 7, 2007

CainFortea posted:

Fine then at least go put this as the last post in that thread to cap it off.

A mercenary who works for money might have been paid by both sides in a protracted decade long conflict? This has never happened before!

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
you are arguing with a meme image in response to a conversation about how we're not going to have a thread for prequel arguing for a while

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

josh04 posted:

prequeldome 2: attack of the domes

This is getting out of hand. Now there are two of them!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Cease to Hope posted:

you are arguing with a meme image in response to a conversation about how we're not going to have a thread for prequel arguing for a while

It’s a shame this is probably too long for a thread title

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Apologies to everyone. I haven't paid much attention to this place as of late and would like to get back into the game here.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
It's good to have you back Roth!

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Roth posted:

Apologies to everyone. I haven't paid much attention to this place as of late and would like to get back into the game here.

i thought you were simply biding your time to build interest

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
roth is gonna pull the trigger on that 100000 hour probe one of these days and honestly, it'll be deserved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I have to recharge after murdering Guy Mann