Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

1stGear posted:

would you say that morinth is

a bad guy

she seduced me dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

1stGear posted:

would you say that morinth is

a bad guy

duh

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

ajkalan posted:

I honestly never had a problem with Jacob until he called Garrus a "cuttlebone" in a jealous romance dialogue and that made that love-interest decision much easier.

Jacob is so lame that even the slurs he calls your teammates are lame.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ajkalan posted:

I honestly never had a problem with Jacob until he called Garrus a "cuttlebone" in a jealous romance dialogue and that made that love-interest decision much easier.

Oh my god, I didn't even know about this. Man, gently caress Jacob, what a shithead.

E: Not even Ashley gets jealous of/racist against Liara. She's just like "I want to be exclusive, so pick a side rear end in a top hat."

E2: Upon rewatching the scene, Ashley does in fact get mildly racist against Liara, but not to the point of dropping slurs like Jacob does.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Feb 6, 2021

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Jacob -somehow- being the only one that doesn't make it back from the suicide mission is the best outcome.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Even ME3 thinks Jacob is a loser. He doesn't even have a good excuse to not join back up with you (not that anyone would let him) unlike everyone else from ME2 who didn't want to get on Shepard's Wild Ride.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I think I always had a soft spot for Jacob because he was so normal and “boring.” Kaiden was Carth 2.0 and his voice isn’t my favorite. Vega is absolutely the poo poo though and my favorite human party member behind Zaeed.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Vega, Zaeed, and evil renegade Shep would have forced the Salarians to mass produce those Tuchanka bombs, and nuked every planet the reapers even looked at.

There's your renegade destroy ending.

E: they would have personally hand delivered every bomb too.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I still love the way Jaal says Milky Way in Andromeda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1J6vFteV-w

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
What squad mates did everyone frequently use?

Best bro Garrus was always on my team across the three games.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Liara was super OP in ME1, I usually paired her with Tali or Wrex.

In ME2 it was hard not to go with Miranda. Kasumi, Mordin and Samara all had great class kits as well.

For ME3 Liara and Javik had a great dynamic. I always rolled Vanguard in these games so biotic explosions galore.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I rotated people pretty consistently across each game, usually bringing characters who felt appropriate for plot missions, like Liara and Wrex for Noveria, etc, or Zaeed on Garrus’s ME2 recruitment mission. But I usually always tried to bring Vega on drat near every mission in ME3 aside from like Thessia because he was such a fun squad mate for banter.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

nine-gear crow posted:

I rotated people pretty consistently across each game, usually bringing characters who felt appropriate for plot missions, like Liara and Wrex for Noveria, etc, or Zaeed on Garrus's ME2 recruitment mission.

This is what I like to do as well. I also try to keep previous squadmates together for important missions in later games. For instance, I like to bring Garrus, Ashley, or Tali along for Thessia. It makes the internal story a little nicer that they in particular showed up to support their buddies. :unsmith:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I brought Thane and Samara (Team Parents of the Year) to every fight where Harbinger showed up because the two of them nuke him. The rest is random or if it makes a better story.

Miranda always comes to Jack's loyalty mission.
Legion comes to Tali's.
Javik comes to Thessia (this seems like something the devs wanted to require.)

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

This thread is the first time “liking Vega” has seemed like a majority opinion and it is insane to me.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

James is a very Good Boy who just wants to do the right thing and keep getting those gains.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Lightningproof posted:

This thread is the first time “liking Vega” has seemed like a majority opinion and it is insane to me.

The original ME3 thread loved Vega too, this isn't a sudden change

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

Psycho Landlord posted:

The original ME3 thread loved Vega too, this isn't a sudden change

Ok the original ME3 thread was insane too I guess.

Vega sucks. This post made by Anti-Vega Gang.

mexi
Mar 17, 2003

Time to call it a night.
My favorite was ME1. The customization extended to your crew which was a let down for me in ME2. Getting all my characters looking badass rocking Colossus heavy and Garrus with his final armor. Just so much more enjoyable to me. Excited for the remaster

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I'm still confused about why they decided not to go with the alternate design for Morinth where they looked masculine and didn't have boobs

I guess someone high up said "NO NO NO the genderless alien race HAS to be hot blue babes!!!!"

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Vega is great because his computer hacking animation is just kicking the thing over and over.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
For ME1:
- Wrex was a top tier choice. I brought him along for an entire play through once.
- Tali too. And as I often didn't play the tech classes, she tended to stay in all my play throughs to round out my squad's abilites.
- Garrus also rules and he got similar treatment.

For ME2:
- Zaeed. All of his side commentary is hilarious. He got the Wrex treatment for me for at least one play through. Top tier companion.
- Tali remained in regular rotation... but now her engineer abilities were swapped around with..
- Legion who is great. I did do a playthrough with both of them in the squad as much as possible.
- Also I quite liked Kasumi once her DLC dropped. I forget about her sometimes since I did most of my playthroughs before her release.

For ME3:
- Javik was the new Zaeed. But more hilarious. Did an entire playthrough with just him and Liara... and her increasing disillusionment with Protheans was hilarious. Good writing on Bioware's part.
- Liara was now top tier here in my mind. Way more likeable than in ME1.
aaaand for ME3 that was it because I only did the one playthrough before becoming tired of singleplayer because of the ending. never played the DLCs which is why I am pretty stoked for the rerelease.

For ME:Andromeda I actually liked all the characters well enough that I switched them around a bunch... mostly so I could hear the car ride chats. Those were great and Bioware better bring back car chats...
The human companions managed to be least interesting still haha.
- Drak was top tier. I know some people didnt care for him because he was a stereotype of Krogans... but that's why I loved him. He was a big softie once you got to know him. I liked my grumpy old man companion.
- Jaal was the surprise hit for me. I didn't care much for his species but his earnestness and charm really grew on me. Great character saved by strong writing.
- Vetra was awesome too but more for her interactions with people. She seemed a bit like a bargain bin Garrus at first glance.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
when i replay ME3 it's gonna be a Vega playthrough

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
garrus was a fun squadmate in ME1 writing-wise but he was horribly flimsy in combat

i said "god dammit garrus" so often in my last playthrough of that game that it should have come with a laugh track

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks
So Im the only one who always kept Tali/Garrus in the squad because you are always romancing one of them huh

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
I'll have to try out Zaeed next time I play ME2. I always bench him because I hate his intro. Kicking prisoners is not cool. :colbert:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

chaosapiant posted:

I think I always had a soft spot for Jacob because he was so normal and “boring.” Kaiden was Carth 2.0 and his voice isn’t my favorite. Vega is absolutely the poo poo though and my favorite human party member behind Zaeed.

jacob shouldn't have had a loyalty mission because his gimmick should have been that he's the only guy on your squad with his poo poo together

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Feels Villeneuve posted:

jacob shouldn't have had a loyalty mission because his gimmick should have been that he's the only guy on your squad with his poo poo together

It’s gotta be stressful being the son of the first man to ever have to go back to using ammo clips.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I'll definitely have to use Javik more when I get to my ME3 replay. My experience with the DLC for the first two games is very limited due to internet connection issues at the time I played them, so while I remember Zaeed and his stuff I've literally never encountered Kasumi or even done the Lair of the Shadow Broker.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

The Shadow Broker DLC is one of the single best examples of its kind. Good story that integrates back into the main plot, gives Liara something to do besides sit in her office on Ilium all game, solid set pieces, fun little details. It rocks!

I liked Kasumi too and I wish she could have played a larger role in ME3.

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?
Oh hey a new Mass Effect thread. Guess I should post this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPbB4qfsA14

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i mean he still did have his poo poo together the most. his loyalty mission was "My dad went missing years ago but holy poo poo his distress beacon was found--can we go check it out before I risk my life on a suicide mission?"

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

OhFunny posted:

What squad mates did everyone frequently use?

Best bro Garrus was always on my team across the three games.

ME1: Wrex + Liara
ME2: Garrus + Tali
ME3: Garrus + Wrex

my greatest regret is that i can only pick two. i want to ride with all my space friends

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Radio Free Kobold posted:

ME1: Wrex + Liara
ME2: Garrus + Tali
ME3: Garrus + Wrex

my greatest regret is that i can only pick two. i want to ride with all my space friends

Wrex cant be on your team in Me3 can he?

Personally in ME1 I went Wrex and Liara, ME2 Garrus and Zaeed, ME3 Garrus and Liara.

Was hard to pick 2 out of Garrus, Javik and Liara for 3

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Isn't Wrex a temporary member on Tuchanka if he survived up until then? ME3 had a lot of guest character moments compared to the other games.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

oh poo poo you're right. i think i just used OG Normandy Gang garrus and tali.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Sally posted:

Isn't Wrex a temporary member on Tuchanka if he survived up until then? ME3 had a lot of guest character moments compared to the other games.

No, he only rolls with you for the Citadel DLC if he's still alive.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I tried to keep a healthy rotation in ME1 but Liara and Wrex were just so OP by the end they were always there, occasionally throwing in Garrus or Tali depending on flavor. I don't think I ever used Kaidan again after the intro, even though I liked the character his dual support class was garbage compared to the everyone else.

In ME2 I tried to make Thane happen but he had that terrible ability to make all shots do more damage to unshielded organic enemies that would never ever be useful, so I just gave up. I think Kasumi ended up being my go-to when her DLC dropped because her cloak was so useful, though I had a pretty memorable war-crimes run with Zaeed and Morinth.

I never actually played ME3 so I am kind of intrigued to see how my choices (don't) matter. I remember in the ME2 releass thread days someone had a run that ended with everyone except Zaeed dead which seemed like the funniest possible ME3 import, though it sounds like the game just awkwardly throws a lot of stand-ins at you?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

CPFortest posted:

Oh hey a new Mass Effect thread. Guess I should post this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPbB4qfsA14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVJJMlDn41o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
there had better be a way to cheat and get all those minerals without having to mine for them. and removing class restrictions. and fixing the inventory in me1. and gently caress, i dont know if i want to play this game without mods