Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boofy
Sep 11, 2001

might pick this up again. has there been a chapter focused completely on the best character (kaminari) yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
He got to shine for a brief moment in the raid.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

When did you drop off?

Boofy
Sep 11, 2001

Scholtz posted:

When did you drop off?

i'm way behind, somewhere like 90.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

MorningMoon posted:

It's actually Deku's quirk, which is to be a gaming keyboard.
The thought of Deku opening up a panel on his forearm to reveal a keyboard is both strangely fitting and a little disturbing.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Supersonic Shine posted:

The thought of Deku opening up a panel on his forearm to reveal a keyboard is both strangely fitting and a little disturbing.

He's gonna need it to select which quirks he's using once he unlocks all of them.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I wonder if Gentle got free during the multiple jailbreaks.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

JT Jag posted:

I wonder if Gentle got free during the multiple jailbreaks.

It's implied he never went to jail, he and La Brava likely got squirrelled away by the Hero Commission for a Suicide Squad style set-up. Or the police.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Kanos posted:

He's gonna need it to select which quirks he's using once he unlocks all of them.

He's also gonna need because he needs a new arm(s)

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Boofy posted:

i'm way behind, somewhere like 90.

You're like 200 chapters behind, I'd say just buckle down and catch up and you'll be fine. Kaminari does all right now and then. He's got a nice moment in the second movie, too.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Lord_Magmar posted:

It's implied he never went to jail, he and La Brava likely got squirrelled away by the Hero Commission for a Suicide Squad style set-up. Or the police.

Given his level of crimes before trying to break into UA, I wouldn't be surprised if he just got like, community service or something minor like that.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Rhonne posted:

Given his level of crimes before trying to break into UA, I wouldn't be surprised if he just got like, community service or something minor like that.

He beat down at least 5 heroes to the point of unconsciousness, and that’s what we see. He was a nice guy but his crimes are not nearly as harmless as he intended them to be. He cuts away from any violence he commits but he absolutely knows how to fight to incapacitate.

So that’s at least a couple of assault with a quirk charges, resisting arrest, multiple counts of theft.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Lord_Magmar posted:

He beat down at least 5 heroes to the point of unconsciousness, and that’s what we see. He was a nice guy but his crimes are not nearly as harmless as he intended them to be. He cuts away from any violence he commits but he absolutely knows how to fight to incapacitate.

So that’s at least a couple of assault with a quirk charges, resisting arrest, multiple counts of theft.
I think the assumption is for him knocking out the heroes at the 7-11 is that they may have knocked THEMSELVES out because of Gentle rubberizing the entire area.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Gentle's sentence is to make Youtube PSAs telling kids not to be villains.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Fabricated posted:

I think the assumption is for him knocking out the heroes at the 7-11 is that they may have knocked THEMSELVES out because of Gentle rubberizing the entire area.

He used his quirk to make that happen so he's the one responsible.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Okay, guys, I've finished connecting all the red string on my conspiracy board and I've cracked the code. Deku's dad is clearly Gigantomachia, and Deku wasn't quirkless - he inherited a mutation of Machia's quirk where instead of getting stronger when someone gives him orders, he gets stronger when someone asks him for help.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Flesnolk posted:

He used his quirk to make that happen so he's the one responsible.

yeah the store didn't magically happen to turn to rubber

Also last I checked robbing someone at loving knife point is still a crime even if you don't actually take anything afterwards

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Feb 2, 2021

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Even if he did get jail time, given that he willingly turned himself in and seemed to genuinely want to turn his life around, I doubt he went to one of the big prisons that All For One hit. And even if he was, he'd probably just turn himself back in, he has no reason to go with All for One and his army or put himself and La Brava in danger by going on the run again.

Speaking of the prison break, the last chapter noted that he attacked 7 prisons, but only freed villains from 6 of them. What happened at that seventh prison?

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Judge: And for these crimes of theft, assault, battery's and unlawful use of quirks, what is the defendant's plea?

Lawyer: Your honor, my client pleads not guilty by reason of being the coolest guy.

*gasps*

Judge: I WILL HAVE ORDER IN MY COURT.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
If Hori really wants to drive home how cruel the MHA world can be they should throw Gentle in Tartarus anyways.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

oh jay posted:

Judge: And for these crimes of theft, assault, battery's and unlawful use of quirks, what is the defendant's plea?

Lawyer: Your honor, my client pleads not guilty by reason of being the coolest guy.

*gasps*

Judge: I WILL HAVE ORDER IN MY COURT.

Prosecutor: Objection, your honor, he is obviously one of the least cool men to ever walk the earth

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

TheHan posted:

If Hori really wants to drive home how cruel the MHA world can be they should throw Gentle in Tartarus anyways.

I feel like it's more that they're going to use Gentle and La Brava to explore what happened to Hawks. As I suspect they've been quietly squirreled away to the same training system. Either that or they'll be working with the police in contrast to Hawks being the hero controlled by the Comission.

Or they might just not show up again at all, seeing as we're in the "endgame" potentially.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Has the creator said anything about the manga nearing a denouement or is it being inferred from the current story state and modern manga serialization processes?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Cloks posted:

Has the creator said anything about the manga nearing a denouement or is it being inferred from the current story state and modern manga serialization processes?
Horikoshi said something fairly vague not long ago that we were heading towards the ending. He also said we were like 60% of the way through nearly 3 years ago. Things change.

When he was interviewed by Oda a bit over a year ago he said he originally was thinking 30 volumes but he said he was going to blow past that. Oda told him to go for 50, Horikoshi questioned if he could do it- to which Oda responded that the way things usually turn out for mangaka Hori will probably not so much think about doing it, or TRY to do it, but rather just end up doing it.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

thetoughestbean posted:

Prosecutor: Objection, your honor, he is obviously one of the least cool men to ever walk the earth

He wanted to be hogake a hero! What could be cooler?!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
lmao at the stinger page for this chapter

I mean it's legit good but it's like something you'd see in an American superhero movie at some point

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
https://w21.readheroacademia.com/manga/boku-no-hero-academia-chapter-300/

Chapter 300 speedscans

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Okay, I can fully believe that we're heading for the final arc. poo poo is going south at lightspeed.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Feb 6, 2021

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
That "I am not here" statue felt like something out of Batman vs. Superman.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Oh boy, Endeavor really is cooked.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Okay, I can fully believe that we're heading for the final arc. poo poo is going south at lightspeed.

I don't think I agree. Final part, maybe, but there's going to be multiple arcs. Hori's been building up "The Breakdown of Hero Society" for quite some time now, he's going to want to explore the ramifications of that. I don't see him skipping straight to Deku vs. Shigaraki 2 and then ending the manga.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Oh poo poo, Stain is free!! He's the guy who picks up the katana. This is going to be a vigilante's paradise for him.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Don't yell at Wash you piece of poo poo, Wash is ten times the man you ever will be.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

Don't yell at Wash you piece of poo poo, Wash is ten times the man you ever will be.

For a second there, I thought Wash was attacking the people who hit him with a pan and saying he was going to put them in the hospital.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

So! Who thinks the kids are going back to school for more classroom hijinks?

Also the death of "Endeavour", the superhero identity, feels like a good milestone in the Todoroki family story. They've never really been my favourite part of the comic but it's still being written effectively.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Glad to see Wash is still doing his best despite the circumstances and not just turning tail.
I hope we see Endeavor's agency still operating despite, uh, everything they in particular got saddeled with. I'm guessing a number of them quit but I imagine a few like Burnin are still putting helping people first above everything else.

Also hell yeah Rei. Glad to see she didn't have a big backslide and is here to verbally gently caress up Endeavor

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

rannum posted:

Glad to see Wash is still doing his best despite the circumstances and not just turning tail.
I hope we see Endeavor's agency still operating despite, uh, everything they in particular got saddeled with. I'm guessing a number of them quit but I imagine a few like Burnin are still putting helping people first above everything else.

Also hell yeah Rei. Glad to see she didn't have a big backslide and is here to verbally gently caress up Endeavor

Considering she's holding the flower, I wouldn't expect her to verbally gently caress him up.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, I think what's coming is less a verbal smackdown and more of a verbal bitch-slap to get Endeavor to come to his senses.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Yeah, Endeavor’s in a kind of self-pity mode right now. He wants to be told he’s a big piece of poo poo. What he needs to be told is that it’s time to clean up his mess and no matter how valid Dabi’s motivations are for hating him he’s still an unrepentant murderer and he can’t just be allowed to go around and continue hurting people just because Endeavor feels guilty

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

MHA was actually the story about how Endeavor became the greatest hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Lamebot posted:

Oh poo poo, Stain is free!! He's the guy who picks up the katana. This is going to be a vigilante's paradise for him.

What if this is how we introduce the Crawler into the main series by having him take on Stain in a Vigilante Showdown