Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

The Dean Norris “sex gifs” tweet but from Oscar the Grouch’s Twitter

Edit: another classic Sumo snipe

Sumo fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Feb 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

the new episode of The Servant was really good, and no wonder its directed by Shyamalan himself

radlum
May 13, 2013
I was watching the most recent episode of Your Honor (it's kind of a mediocre show, but it got me hooked with how bad things got for the lead) and out of nowhere (I think) a couple of extras were wearing surgical masks; I guess the show was set in early 2020 and we reached March now?

It was weird; what other shows are using COVID as part of their background?

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

I'm still deciding if I like Mr. Mayor or not, but I have to admit the part at the end of the latest ep where the presenter's wife shows up made me bust out laughing

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Mr Mayor has been surprisingly good in my opinion. I was totally prepared to hate it and I don't even really know why. Maybe it's because they assembled all this talent with Tina Fey, Bobbie Moynahan, and Ted Danson and I felt like they must be just going for names over quality, but it's probably the best actual sitcom on the air right now. Granted the only other one I actually watch is Superstore, but I can say with confidence Mr. Mayor is better than Superstore at least.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah it’s a pretty dry time for single camera sitcoms on network TV. But more heading to web and cable, so it works out in the end as they can go a bit more weird with it.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

radlum posted:

Shameless re wrote the first half of it's season oto incorporate COVID. It's a big part of the storyline and there a full scenes with the actors wearing and talking behind masks. It's really interesting.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

radlum posted:

Law & Order SVU features it a lot.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Mr. Mayor owned this week

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

radlum posted:

I was watching the most recent episode of Your Honor (it's kind of a mediocre show, but it got me hooked with how bad things got for the lead) and out of nowhere (I think) a couple of extras were wearing surgical masks; I guess the show was set in early 2020 and we reached March now?

Superstore has been doing it pretty well and it's fitting with them working in a "Wal-mart"

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Superstore is the only show I watch where they actually keep the masks on while talking instead of getting close to each other and THEN taking them off which drives me insane

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Masks have gotta be a real godsend for editors when it comes to ADR and salvaged takes.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

mistermojo posted:

the new episode of The Servant was really good, and no wonder its directed by Shyamalan himself

So hosed up.

Highly recommended. Lauren Ambrose is killing it so hard.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m behind on almost every show because I decided to start rewatching Adventure Time and I’m ploughing through it like a madman

But that means I have two Servants to watch right now which will be a fun night-time experience one day!

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Yes Servant is becoming one of my favorite shows airing. So far I have really liked on Apple+ Servant, For All Mankind, Ted Lasso, and Mythic Quest. I did lookup future Apple+ shows and Foundation (please please be good), Swagger!, Afterparty, Slow Horses, Masters of the Air (another Tom Hanks produced WW2 show), Calls, and Lisey's Story all have my interest. I did question Apple’s sanity of not buying a bunch of old content to fill out it’s library, but I understand the logic since they are selling that content on iTunes. Still they might be slowly building a solid lineup of original output.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

HBO must have hosed up badly if Tom Hanks took the show to Apple.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

More like apple just has an open pocketbook.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

The Mighty 8ths is finally being made? Its been rumored to be in production for nearly a decade now I believed.

EDIT: Or maybe this is from a different project? Either way its been rumored for ages.

Heres a trailer from 2014.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhmFFtjB2qY

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Feb 7, 2021

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Escobarbarian posted:

Mr. Mayor owned this week

Mayor. We just say Mayor.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I'm really hoping Foundation is good. I've made my peace with the fact that it's probably going to only be loosely based on the books, but I'm hoping that even so there's enough there to feel like it's still someway connected to what Asimov wrote.

mistermojo posted:

It's a dumb joke, but I really laughed at the "Sometimes you can be a bit of a *car honking in distance*" bit.

I think the big takeaway from this show for me is how good all four main actors are. Especially Toby Kebbell. Rupert Grint, too - he kind of was offputting for me the first few episodes, but just accepting that his character is meant to be a weird guy with a weird affect made it work.

radlum posted:

It's the main focus of the current season of Grey's Anatomy.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but does anyone have a workaround for the Windows 10 Amazon Prime Video app not supporting 5.1 output? It's the last piece of media delivery I need to finally have everything all in one place (an HTPC).

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

fadam posted:

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but does anyone have a workaround for the Windows 10 Amazon Prime Video app not supporting 5.1 output? It's the last piece of media delivery I need to finally have everything all in one place (an HTPC).

You're gonna need bracketed splay flex tandems at every alternate Jimmy joint, bucketed on both axes by handlebar grip gomers.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Simone Magus posted:

You're gonna need bracketed splay flex tandems at every alternate Jimmy joint, bucketed on both axes by handlebar grip gomers.

Love that show.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

radlum posted:

The current season of Chicago Med has several long-running COVID subplots.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The Conners too.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Oasx posted:

Law & Order SVU features it a lot.

It's hilarious how they do it too. They'll start a scene with a mask and rio it off five steps in to talk face to face with some random.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
CBS really has the most boring rear end homogenous lineup. Say what you will about Disco or Picard or Lower Decks, but at least they aren’t yet another navy and beige procedural or flatly lit sitcom. I’ll happily take spinning cameras and cg nightmares over the network tv equivalent of McDonald’s coffee.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I love how CBS is airing MacGyver and Magnum PI and apparently a show that's just called FBI. The gently caress is that. What's next on the docket, Lawyer Show?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
The Good Fight and Evil are both pretty good.

Their adaptation of The Stand is pretty camp, but I don't hate that.

The rest is trash tho, even Goggins and Zea aren't saving The Unicorn any time soon.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think they’re making a distinction between CBS and CBS All Access or whatever it’s rebranding to soon

The Unicorn is exactly pleasant enough to keep me watching it every week and that’s it. It suffers when Zea isn’t in an episode though like this latest one

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well I assume she'll be in it even less soon because she has a new show starting up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I love Goggins and really need to catch up on the Unicorn.

Or I could just rewatch Justified.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
I only watched an episode or two, but it's really bland. It's a total waste of Goggins. It reminds me of when they tied up Margo Martindale on an aggressively terrible sitcom for years.

Mu Zeta posted:

I love how CBS is airing MacGyver and Magnum PI and apparently a show that's just called FBI. The gently caress is that. What's next on the docket, Lawyer Show?

Note that they loved FBI so much that they immediately added FBI: Most Wanted to run alongside it.

I'm assuming that they're going to mess up the Clarice show. And this Equalizer reboot's pretty bad. Love hiring a lead who needs 40 cuts in a simple action scene because she can't sell it. And maybe the worst explosion effect I've seen for a few years.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If I’m ever in need of a quick Goggins fix I just watch that Righteous Gemstones “Misbehavin” clip on YouTube

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

Note that they loved FBI so much that they immediately added FBI: Most Wanted to run alongside it.

Ahh, the CSI route :hmmyes:.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

For those who watched the super bowl halftime show...

Was the audio mix for you awful or fine? If awful, do you have a regular stereo tv setup or multichannel?

I saw a ton of complaints, but on my 3.0 (so separate center channel that admittedly has a small db boost) I didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary when it comes to stadium live sound. Curious if it was a really shoddy stereo mix put out by CBS that screwed people.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

DurosKlav posted:

The Mighty 8ths is finally being made? Its been rumored to be in production for nearly a decade now I believed.

Nah, it's the same project, they just renamed it

nate fisher posted:

I did lookup future Apple+ shows and Foundation (please please be good), Swagger!, Afterparty, Slow Horses, Masters of the Air (another Tom Hanks produced WW2 show), Calls, and Lisey's Story all have my interest.

Speaking of properties 10 years in the making, Apple+ is also doing the Shantaram adaptation although that once again hit production hell early last year and they've now got a new show runner (the showrunner for Hannibal Season 3 and The Punisher). Justin Kurzel is directing 5 episodes and it's got a pretty cool cast. Unfortunately It's also got Chalrie Hunnam.

Looten Plunder fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Feb 8, 2021

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Thanks to Canadian sitcom Kim's Convenience I now know that Canadians pay for something called a "hydro bill" and whatever it is it's not water.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Mu Zeta posted:

Thanks to Canadian sitcom Kim's Convenience I now know that Canadians pay for something called a "hydro bill" and whatever it is it's not water.

Electricity. Canada does so much hydroelectric that they just call power “hydro”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mu Zeta posted:

It's no wonder he retired to go be a republic fighter pilot