Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Azhais posted:

Suppose it depends on how "honorable" Dormammu is. Strange already did the groundhog thing to get a promise, and none of that should have been messed up with the endgame time shenanigans

That said there could be a multiverse version that shows up. Surprise Mads appearance incoming

Dormammu doesn't have a concept of time so don't have a concept of Strange no longer having the time stone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Oof. The Spaniard guy who accidentally leaked this last episode character cameo got fired, people say there's another person credited for the dub. News says he deleted every social media he had. Oh super yikes.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Disney doesn't gently caress around.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gaz-L posted:

Mads was some random evil wizard. Dormammu was Cumberbatch pulling double duty, like he did playing Sauron and Smaug

ah, didn't know he did the Dormammu voice

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Man I just watched all five episodes of Wandavision today and my mind blew up at the reveal at the end. My mind is still currently blown up. Wow.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
They should tease Strange one episode, but instead we get Cumberbatch going motion capture for Marvel's Sauron. Who will turn you into a dinosaur and absolutely not cure cancer.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Desperado Bones posted:

Oof. The Spaniard guy who accidentally leaked this last episode character cameo got fired, people say there's another person credited for the dub. News says he deleted every social media he had. Oh super yikes.

drat, the mouse is brutal.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

BizarroAzrael posted:

They should tease Strange one episode, but instead we get Cumberbatch going motion capture for Marvel's Sauron. Who will turn you into a dinosaur and absolutely not cure cancer.

Just in time for the era of the Dinosaurs sitcom

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Desperado Bones posted:

I'm friends with a person at one of the major special effects shops that works with Marvel all the time. I always ask which Marvel picture they're working on and have never gotten any response until the movie is out and then he's like "yeah I wish I had more time to work on deaging SLJ". It is incredibly serious business, like no cell phones in the office levels of serious.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

AngryBooch posted:

I'm friends with a person at one of the major special effects shops that works with Marvel all the time. I always ask which Marvel picture they're working on and have never gotten any response until the movie is out and then he's like "yeah I wish I had more time to work on deaging SLJ". It is incredibly serious business, like no cell phones in the office levels of serious.

I have a friend from college who works for a research lab at the Department of Defense with a high level security clearance, and his wife works for Industrial Light and Magic.

He can tell me more about his work than she can.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

AngryBooch posted:

The X-man cometh posted:

I have a friend from college who works for a research lab at the Department of Defense with a high level security clearance, and his wife works for Industrial Light and Magic.

He can tell me more about his work than she can.

I should look more about this, but allegedly his contract was quite messed up and strict. Aside from returning every cent he was paid, he has to pay a penalty and might be banned from dubbing for Disney. What's more shocking is how he was just replaced, wouldn't be surprised if all happened the same day .

So I guess there are good monetary reasons your friends don't wanna say a thing. :zombie:

Edit: The guy who leaked Grogu's name probably didn't got it that bad, as the name was so ridiculous that no one believed them and it never spread like fire :lol:

Desperado Bones fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Feb 7, 2021

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
As pure speculation, but could the MCU look to use the blip, and people returning from it, as a crossing point in multiverse stories? Have the multiverse be branches of time and decisions, and the ones closest to our reality be where some blippers(?) have returned from, and some further away?

The twist of Monica Rambeau being the person out of sync - and hence the scan not working, maybe in her universe Captain Marvel never returned etc - could be a really cool one if handled well.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Further speculation on the postman, after rewatching the scene:

Maybe it's just poor elocution on the part of the kids (child actors being notorious for it), but I could swear they said "I can't find your dog" to him. All of the closed captions I've checked in various languages say "our dog" (except for a few languages which don't use a possessive at all) but I just can't hear anything else.

And those kids are very, very insistent that Wanda use her powers in a very specific, irresponsible way after finding the dog, dead, in roughly the same direction the postman just came from. Just seems like a bit of a team-up.

So, reckless speculation: The kids are more sinister than they seem, and they and the postman ("the messenger") are emissaries of an entity that wants to manipulate Wanda into bringing somebody back from the dead. Which also means Vision might be really alive (zombie-Vision notwithstanding -- possible illusion or warning from the entity, or guilt trip on Wanda's part).

Thing that likely means nothing at all: Afterward, Vision washes his hands with dish soap rather than hand soap. Just a nice touch, maybe signifying his current suspicions, maybe just his general self-consciousness about being "artificial". Nice character touch, anyway. Couldn't help but notice it when I saw how the camera lingered on his hand-washing.

usenet celeb 1992 fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Feb 7, 2021

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Dude, people just washed their hands with dish soap in the ‘80s. They probably lingered because Covid messaging and stuff.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

Well sure, if they wanted dishpan hands

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Marsupial Ape posted:

Dude, people just washed their hands with dish soap in the ‘80s. They probably lingered because Covid messaging and stuff.

In all seriousness, it's a bit of a bachelor thing to do if it's first thing you see at the sink.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
lmao at all the bougie fucks in this thread with TWO different soaps at their kitchen sink

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Hand washing wasn’t as much of a thing in the 80s. I’m not even joking, people didn’t start regularly washing their hands until the AIDS panic. Even surgeons didn’t regularly scrub in until the 70s.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I figured the no kids thing is Wanda not wanting to hurt children subconsciously, so they’re all “elsewhere” but safe whilst she mind whammies the town, which we see in this episode to be painful for the victim.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Edmund Lava posted:

Hand washing wasn’t as much of a thing in the 80s. I’m not even joking, people didn’t start regularly washing their hands until the AIDS panic. Even surgeons didn’t regularly scrub in until the 70s.

Thats not entirely true...while hand washing wasn't in official guidelines until the 70s and 80s ( keep in mind said guidelines were only like a couple years old at the time) the practice of washing hands and scrubbing had been around for a century earlier, and as of the early 20th century was considered a must.

Edit: as for public health, literally the very first PSA's in existence were about washing hands in the 50s.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

OldSenileGuy posted:

lmao at all the bougie fucks in this thread with TWO different soaps at their kitchen sink

lmao to this day whenever I visit my grandparents the only liquid soap they have is dish soap.

Dish Soap in the Kitchen and Zest bar soap in the bathroom.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
So they were so shocked at rambeau coming out- talking about her scans her clothes etc.

Where is the other agent / beekeeper!?

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

In my day, we handled upwards of twenty dog corpses a day and didn't wash our hands for a week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n41jMXRemk&t=327s

usenet celeb 1992 fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Feb 7, 2021

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I don't see how this ends without Wanda dead, incarcerated, lobotomized, or with her just hitting a giant "everyone just forget everything I did" reset button. She's delved into "Magneto threatening to EMP the entire planet" bad guy territory.

I don't think it's quite that bad yet - though it is pretty bad. They're taken pains to show that Wanda hasn't actually killed or seriously injured anyone yet. Yes, the regular people of Westview are frightened and freaked out, but I'm not totally sure how much of that is directly Wanda and how much of that is Something or Someone else. Even without that, I think that Wanda's biggest thing is that she believes that if this Sitcomverse ends, then Vision dies. So Wanda isn't willing to let this thing end until she can be certain Vision (and then kids now) won't end with it.

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

Further speculation on the postman, after rewatching the scene:

Maybe it's just poor elocution on the part of the kids (child actors being notorious for it), but I could swear they said "I can't find your dog" to him. All of the closed captions I've checked in various languages say "our dog" (except for a few languages which don't use a possessive at all) but I just can't hear anything else.

And those kids are very, very insistent that Wanda use her powers in a very specific, irresponsible way after finding the dog, dead, in roughly the same direction the postman just came from. Just seems like a bit of a team-up.

So, reckless speculation: The kids are more sinister than they seem, and they and the postman ("the messenger") are emissaries of an entity that wants to manipulate Wanda into bringing somebody back from the dead. Which also means Vision might be really alive (zombie-Vision notwithstanding -- possible illusion or warning from the entity, or guilt trip on Wanda's part).

Thing that likely means nothing at all: Afterward, Vision washes his hands with dish soap rather than hand soap. Just a nice touch, maybe signifying his current suspicions, maybe just his general self-consciousness about being "artificial". Nice character touch, anyway. Couldn't help but notice it when I saw how the camera lingered on his hand-washing.

Sounds can do weird things, but I'd assume that the kids meant our/their dog because they considered Sparky to be their dog (possibly after aging up and murdering his original owner then aging back down).

In terms of the kids being sinister, I think it's more complicated than that. Consider that via Vision, the kids are half-android. So in their own way, they're logical beings. "You can't have a dog until you're at least ten." Kids *age up to be ten.* The kids' take on the dog is "Mom can fix it. So mom shoudl fix it. Honestly it wouldn't have surprised me to hear the kids say something like "Why can't you bring Sparky back? You brought Dad back because you were sad. We're sad without Sparky. So can't you bring him back, too?"

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Justin Godscock posted:

In all seriousness, it's a bit of a bachelor thing to do if it's first thing you see at the sink.

I am being serious. I’m 40 and grew up washing my hands with dish soap. Completely loving normal. All you Millenniums grew under the corporate marketing lie that you have to have two whole separate liquid soaps on your counter.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Dish soaps dry out your hands, if you're cool with cracked knuckles then more power to you and congratulations on saving $1 on a bottle of hand soap with aloe in it.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

I'm nearly 46, was raised by frugal upper midwesterners who could name maybe 8 spices but were familiar with the concept of multiple soaps, and I am inordinately amused that that throwaway observation is the thing that's going to wreck this thread

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Hey, turns out people's skins vary!! I spend most my time in an OR so have to either scrub or at least wash thoroughly multiple times a day. Some people are fine with sterrilium or iodine scrubs, and some need more skin care than others. As long as you are actually washing your hands appropriately then shut the gently caress up! Its as simple as that!

radlum
May 13, 2013
What about using clothes soap to wash your hands? Asking...for a friend.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

just lol if you don't use dishwasher detergent powder to really exfoliate

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Do we need to bring the guy who washed his hair with dog shampoo into this thread?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

eke out posted:

just lol if you don't use dishwasher detergent powder to really exfoliate

I dont because I'm not a poor. I use brillo pads for my exfoliation.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Dish soaps dry out your hands, if you're cool with cracked knuckles then more power to you and congratulations on saving $1 on a bottle of hand soap with aloe in it.

lmao, we have this thing called lotion that we use.

Various Artists
Nov 13, 2008

Unknown Album
Untitled
***--
so that cape show huh

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

SWORD should just call in Terry Crews and have him use his powers to turn Westview into an Old Spice commercial, overwhelming Wanda.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Various Artists posted:

so that cape show huh

?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Various Artists posted:

so that cape show huh

Six seasons and a movie?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Dish soaps dry out your hands

that's because it is a soap, a thing it has in common with other soaps

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Slamhound posted:

So is Monica’s friend Shuri? Or does the anti-vax thing put the kibosh on that?

She specifically said aerospace engineer. As far as I'm aware, the only established aerospace engineers in the MCU are MarVell and arguably Tony, both of whom are definitely dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I've seen people say that it might be Adam Brashear, and that would be pretty sweet.

Other than that, the guesses are either Reed or Sue.