Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
if i say 'glbtq' or whatever in my head all i actually hear is 'blt' somehow and think of sandwiches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

poo poo i could go for a blt

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

maybe im just hungry?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
"glbtq" is loving assholes.
"gbltq" is hungry people.

But who are "quiltbag"?

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
i just made blts for dinner

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

endlessmonotony posted:

"glbtq" is loving assholes.
"gbltq" is hungry people.

But who are "quiltbag"?

i dont remember the u but i think the i is intersex and the a is asexual?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

kitten emergency posted:

i dont remember the u but i think the i is intersex and the a is asexual?

I can name all the letters, but what kind of person uses that acronym?

Is it theater kids? It's theater kids isn't it.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

endlessmonotony posted:

I can name all the letters, but what kind of person uses that acronym?

Is it theater kids? It's theater kids isn't it.

theater kids or their modern equivalent, tumblr teens? honestly i dont think i'd have to delve too deep to find some part of the internet that thinks quiltbag isnt inclusive enough

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
arguing about which order to put the letters is some dumb poo poo i gotta say

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
the problem with echo chambers is that you argue about stupid things like whether to put the g or the l first or how many letters you need to fully include the community while your enemies enact laws that make it legal to murder you

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

shut the gently caress up dude

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

thank you for posting in YOSPOS! your friendly computer subforum!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

endlessmonotony posted:

But who are "quiltbag"?

to me "quiltbag" always seems like slang for balls

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

Stereotype posted:

the problem with echo chambers is that you argue about stupid things like whether to put the g or the l first or how many letters you need to fully include the community while your enemies enact laws that make it legal to murder you

people are both trying to murder me and constantly minimize my existence and experience and both of those things can be simultaneously true, oddly enough. maybe the two things are connected on some long spectrum???

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Casual Encountess posted:

people are both trying to murder me and constantly minimize my existence and experience and both of those things can be simultaneously true, oddly enough. maybe the two things are connected on some long spectrum???

what order am i supposed to be putting the letters because i've always heard lbgqt

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Stereotype posted:

what order am i supposed to be putting the letters because i've always heard lbgqt

it's definitely lgbtq so idk where you've been hearing that?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
oh maybe that's what it is, i dunno, i just know what the letters stand for and which ones to include

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lament.cfg posted:

jim carrey voice shamokin

lol

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

spankmeister posted:

lgbtq so idk

they just keep adding more letters, what even is 'k'

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
kats

echinopsis fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Feb 7, 2021

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I'm going to go ahead and not quote that and instead urge you to loving at least think about what you are posting.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Stereotype posted:

maybe there’s some context that you, someone who admittedly knows nothing, might not know?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Stereotype posted:

maybe there’s some context that you, someone who admittedly knows nothing, might not know?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i love too double post

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
like there's only so many hours in a day and so much thought that anyone can put into anything and if you expend that effort on deciding if the b or the t should be first because of the quantity of people identifying with that category (or whatever, you're right i don't know the context) then you aren't using that energy to mitigate the fact that 71 million people in the USA voted for Donald "Jfucking" Trump and literally want you to be dead.

My sister is dating someone who voted for donald trump and he believes that being gay is a moral choice and she doesn't seem to care and i am VERY upset with her and i am very frustrated that after i fight that bullshit for a week i then turn around and hear that really the important thing is that arranging it as "LBGQT" is the real problem

Stereotype fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Feb 7, 2021

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
like talk about missing the forest for the trees god drat

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I'm going to go ahead and not quote that and instead urge you to loving at least think about what you are posting.

lol I was going to try to elucidate my innocent thought process but I doubt it'll help

echinopsis fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Feb 7, 2021

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
nice save

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

:hf:

hows the pacific treatign ya

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

echinopsis posted:

:hf:

hows the pacific treatign ya

it's not bad man, thanks for asking. it's been super rainy here so everything is incredibly green. me and the missus are having some trubs but i think it is gonna work out? I just was on the mainland and it is stupid cold there, why does anyone live there?

how are you doin? everything going well on your plague free island?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stereotype posted:

it's not bad man, thanks for asking. it's been super rainy here so everything is incredibly green. me and the missus are having some trubs but i think it is gonna work out? I just was on the mainland and it is stupid cold there, why does anyone live there?

sorry to hear about you and the missus.. :/ hope things work out the way they need to..
it's a bit surreal kind of living as if nothing is happening despite what we hear about the rest of the world. i'm really over my job, really need something different in my life, but had a good conversation with gf about affordability of moving in together which was unexpected but also very positive, as long as things dont explode with the ex-wife. it would solve a lot of problems though, psychologically and financially..

just had a couple extra days off for the end of the kids holidays, and spent most of today exploring different things with the kids, so, that was pretty good. :)
thanks

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/GregAFish/status/1356298854115631105

hmmmm

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

echinopsis posted:

sorry to hear about you and the missus.. :/ hope things work out the way they need to..
it's a bit surreal kind of living as if nothing is happening despite what we hear about the rest of the world. i'm really over my job, really need something different in my life, but had a good conversation with gf about affordability of moving in together which was unexpected but also very positive, as long as things dont explode with the ex-wife. it would solve a lot of problems though, psychologically and financially..

just had a couple extra days off for the end of the kids holidays, and spent most of today exploring different things with the kids, so, that was pretty good. :)
thanks

Yeah no matter what happens things will be okay is how i am thinking about it.

It's gotta be pretty nuts that you guys are just like legitimately done with it all while we are just pretending it is. Bummer your job sucks, is the NZ economy hosed just like everywhere else? pretty cool you're having positive good convos with your new partner and i hope your ex doesn't stand in the way of you doing something that would make you happy.

glad the kids are doing good and you having a fun time being a dad :)

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
echi is one of only two goons i have ever met up with in real life and the other one i went to high school with and introduced me to the forums which is sort of crazy since i've been posting here for 17 years now

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

wow people who collect a lot of money hoard wealth????? :monocle:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
drat... did not see that coming....

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
you know, it's not so much hoarding as just having more money than one person could ever possibly use.

it's not like they're being thrifty or using single ply toilet paper or w/e.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

:thunk:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Stereotype posted:

:sever:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stereotype posted:

Yeah no matter what happens things will be okay is how i am thinking about it.
:)

quote:

It's gotta be pretty nuts that you guys are just like legitimately done with it all while we are just pretending it is. Bummer your job sucks, is the NZ economy hosed just like everywhere else? pretty cool you're having positive good convos with your new partner and i hope your ex doesn't stand in the way of you doing something that would make you happy.
it's not really like we're done with it, because we keep letting people in and into quarantine and human error will always keep it a risk, had a few fuckups.

quote:

glad the kids are doing good and you having a fun time being a dad :)
thankyou

Stereotype posted:

echi is one of only two goons i have ever met up with in real life and the other one i went to high school with and introduced me to the forums which is sort of crazy since i've been posting here for 17 years now

in 2 months i'll have been here 17 years too god drat it lol. back in the 00s I made a good meet here in chch and many peeps came outta the woodwork, like there was like 20 of us? this was all preyospos. youre the only yosposter I've met. proud of it too