Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Bleck posted:

that's because it is a soap, a thing it has in common with other soaps

That's why you use one designed for hands!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

That's why you use one designed for hands!

But I don't want to!!! :cry:

No more Soap! edit: I'm a dummy. There are actually children in two of the fictional TV ads. Wonder what's up with that?

Desperado Bones fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Feb 7, 2021

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I do kinda see Wanda 'drafting' some A+ "leave me the gently caress alone" talent, but she kinda seems to have that covered all on her lonesome.

Also, Vision has the Mind Stone visibly back and seems to still have his powers - at least within the confines of her augmented reality. If Wanda can will the stones back (even if only inside her pocket universe) into being just to feed her delusions...she's beyond Omega level. And I really hate myself for saying that because the 'Omega-level' poo poo is one of the worst things about modern Marvel canon.

He hasn't used the Mind Stone power directly though. No forehead laser beam stuff, so it's quite possible that the stone on his forehead is just for aesthetics to make things seem like they are back to "normal" for Wanda and Vision. So far, his only powers shown off in the show are floating and being a robot who can do things humans cannot, which can be waved as just the Tony side of Vision, rather than the stone

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

He hasn't used the Mind Stone power directly though. No forehead laser beam stuff, so it's quite possible that the stone on his forehead is just for aesthetics to make things seem like they are back to "normal" for Wanda and Vision. So far, his only powers shown off in the show are floating and being a robot who can do things humans cannot.

Yet he seems to have the ability to touch people and sever (and reattach) Wanda's connection to them at-will, and when he does, there's a yellow effect. He's not powerless, and the ability to counteract Wanda's hoodoo seems legit.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
If you don't shower with Lava soap then what the gently caress are you even doing?

Okkult
Oct 10, 2012

LOL if you didn't grow up washing your hand in gasoline.

Its Chocolate
Dec 21, 2019
now I understand what people were talking about with the bad accent

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

i picked up the vision run where he makes his own family since wandavision was also drawing from there and i thought there was a interesting parallel with the sparkys

in the climax of the comic book run, vision’s robot wife murders the dog and retrieves a leaf from its stomach that it ate, as its part of spell. the reason she knows the steps to this spell is because she’s based off of wanda and has some of her memories, and wanda learned the spell from agatha.

it may just be a shout out, but i think there might be something similar with sparky in wandavision dying from eating leaves and agnes is the one that finds the body - especially since it’s speculated that she’s agatha and it’s clearer that she may be more than she seems.

i’m also going to point out that agnes is the first character aside from vision that wanda interacts with in the whole series, and the only episodes where she’s not hanging out with wanda are three and four when “Geraldine” seems to have taken over the role.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
If Wanda didn't purposefully create a Mind Stone and instead just recreated Vision "the way he was" then perhaps her pocket universe follows the general rule of "every universe has a set of stones." This is my own pet theory.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

teacup posted:

So they were so shocked at rambeau coming out- talking about her scans her clothes etc.

Where is the other agent / beekeeper!?

So I posted this then you idiots had a soap derail

Did no one else notice this guy has not been mentioned at all?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Codependent Poster posted:

I've seen people say that it might be Adam Brashear, and that would be pretty sweet.

Other than that, the guesses are either Reed or Sue.

I only want Reed if he shows up and, with absolute no malice or arrogance, happily explains EXACTLY what is happening and how to fix it as if it is the simplest thing in the world, then promptly leaves and nobody - including every other genius they have gathered there - has a loving clue what the gently caress he was talking about.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

teacup posted:

So I posted this then you idiots had a soap derail

Did no one else notice this guy has not been mentioned at all?

I don't know if it was from this forum or Twitter or what, but I recall someone saying that the ice cream guy in the intro to the third episode is the same actor. He was supposedly assimilated into the sitcom's neighborhood.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Doing a rewatch and the mailman is in the first episode and is literally the first person from the town we see (in the opening credits waving to the couple as they arrive), he's suddenly way more suspicious

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Mailman was identified (somewhere around where they were talking about cap marvel) as someone in the town. Could be a red herring?

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Gavok posted:

I don't know if it was from this forum or Twitter or what, but I recall someone saying that the ice cream guy in the intro to the third episode is the same actor. He was supposedly assimilated into the sitcom's neighborhood.

drat I kinda want to rewatch now

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

^^^

uncredited on episode 3

Tars Tarkas posted:

Doing a rewatch and the mailman is in the first episode and is literally the first person from the town we see (in the opening credits waving to the couple as they arrive), he's suddenly way more suspicious

The only other person we see in that opening, too

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I do kinda see Wanda 'drafting' some A+ "leave me the gently caress alone" talent, but she kinda seems to have that covered all on her lonesome.

Also, Vision has the Mind Stone visibly back and seems to still have his powers - at least within the confines of her augmented reality. If Wanda can will the stones back (even if only inside her pocket universe) into being just to feed her delusions...she's beyond Omega level. And I really hate myself for saying that because the 'Omega-level' poo poo is one of the worst things about modern Marvel canon.

I think it's more that this is kind of a "holodeck" universe. Wanda can wield some degree of the power of the Stones but she isn't a full-on living Infinity Gauntlet. The thing in Vision's head looks like the Mind stone and might have some of its powers, but it's not the real thing. The full set of Stones could affect everything everywhere. Wanda can affect... an area the size of a smallish town. Within that smallish town she's basically God, but she can't push things further than that without leaving that area. And she can likely only leave that area for very short periods of time without the whole place collapsing.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

actually i realize i have a question about episode 5: how did that SWORD email get to vision? why did everyone in the office read it in that same creepy monotone voice? is there another party involved that is trying to resolve the facade?

it really does look like there's somebody or something trying to get vision to pay attention, with Herb's weird hedge cutting and the email reading. it's weird that Gerb looked like he was about to say something about "Geraldine" that sounded like "she doesn't belong here" or "she doesn't live here" and Agnes cuts him off... but then Agnes tells vision that Geraldine doesn't have a home. why did she stop Herb from speaking but then lets Vision know that there's something strange with Geraldine?

i actually really wish i could binge this right now because this is killing me, but i guess it also works because it's also nostalgic in a way, since new TV shows were weekly things you had to wait for when i was a kid.

Andrew Verse
Mar 30, 2011

Everyone posted:

I think it's more that this is kind of a "holodeck" universe. Wanda can wield some degree of the power of the Stones but she isn't a full-on living Infinity Gauntlet. The thing in Vision's head looks like the Mind stone and might have some of its powers, but it's not the real thing. The full set of Stones could affect everything everywhere. Wanda can affect... an area the size of a smallish town. Within that smallish town she's basically God, but she can't push things further than that without leaving that area. And she can likely only leave that area for very short periods of time without the whole place collapsing.

Except Wanda's power does affect things further. Jimmy Woo mentions that when he contacted the associates and relatives of the witness that's gone missing, none of them had ever heard of him. And the cops from Eastview denied the existence of their neighbouring town, even as they stood on the road leading right to that town.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

This guy should have been in endgame

radlum
May 13, 2013

Desperado Bones posted:

But I don't want to!!! :cry:

No more Soap! edit: I'm a dummy. There are actually children in two of the fictional TV ads. Wonder what's up with that?

Yeah, now that you mention it, no theory about the couple in the ads has said anything about the children;.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I hope Jimmy is the new Coulson and just rocks up in all the TV shows doing the card trick everytime.

Then you see all the super heroes learning how to do it so they can do it to him the next time they see him

Various Artists
Nov 13, 2008

Unknown Album
Untitled
***--

Splash Attack posted:

actually i realize i have a question about episode 5: how did that SWORD email get to vision? why did everyone in the office read it in that same creepy monotone voice? is there another party involved that is trying to resolve the facade?

I could have sworn they sent the message as a competing broadcast on the same television channel but maybe they didn't actually say that???

Mochiballs
Aug 27, 2006
Ya know I know everyone is saying that Mephisto is behind everything, but I really feel like it really is just Wanda. If she had to make some grand bargain to get this world to control with she should demand her money back because they said it was like 7 days since the event started right? And the whole thing is glitching out already so I think Wanda's TRYING to control everything and struggling. I think I'd accept it if at the end of this it was revealed she did on her own. Maybe she just went to Agatha Harkness with help harnessing her power, but she's totally lucid. What I get from Agatha is that she's scared of Wanda, not that she's controlling her.

Mochiballs fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Feb 7, 2021

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Splash Attack posted:

In the previous scene you had the lady scientist go 'what if we send in something that doesn't need to be changed'. Aside from it being the 80s and email being rare as gently caress, an email is still an email. They would have found and used old 80s email protocols and sent the mail to everyone in the office, hoping Vision will see it.

Wait and see if 90s brings mobile phones, can see them trying to contact Vision more directly using that.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Various Artists posted:

I could have sworn they sent the message as a competing broadcast on the same television channel but maybe they didn't actually say that???

That was the radio broadcast from ep 2. Darcy tried sending audio on the same band but Wanda/whoever cut it from the episode SWORD received, so they thought it failed.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I mean it's rather obvious there is more to this than just Wanda by the TV-conceit. She has no reason to do any of that.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

MiddleOne posted:

I mean it's rather obvious there is more to this than just Wanda by the TV-conceit. She has no reason to do any of that.

I actually like the theory that old sitcoms are her frame of reference for an idealized fantasy life in America.

Also, an observation that's been making the rounds - they changed her response to Viz's "where's Geraldine?" in the recap, to something more sinister and suggestive that she's losing her grip more. But if her losing control is affecting the recaps, it means the Disney+ show Wandavision is, in some way, diagetic. All sorts of weirdness could follow.

Also also, what are we doing with spoilers in this thread? Surely not everything related to every episode needs to be spoiled.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

happyhippy posted:

In the previous scene you had the lady scientist go 'what if we send in something that doesn't need to be changed'. Aside from it being the 80s and email being rare as gently caress, an email is still an email. They would have found and used old 80s email protocols and sent the mail to everyone in the office, hoping Vision will see it.

Wait and see if 90s brings mobile phones, can see them trying to contact Vision more directly using that.

That wasn't the email, that was to set up them trying the time appropriate recon drone we see Monica flying. I think the email is an effect from Wanda transmutations. She needed something computer similar to create the office computers and the only thing still close was whatever communication device the beekeeper had on him when he got assimilated.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

I am so glad I didn’t read this thread before I saw the last episode because the appearance of Evan Peters absolutely blew my mind and was one of the biggest surprises I’ve ever had in any media. I hollered like a YouTube “reacts” channel, and it’s not even my job to over-react to things,

Anyway, while I think it’s unlikely that this means that the entire X-Men movie-verse is going to merge into the MCU (I think that when Marvel want to bring in the mutants they’ll cast a new set of younger, fresher, and more importantly cheaper actors), I think it’s pretty clear that this moment is intended to introduce the audience to the concept of the multiverse and all sorts of somewhat disparate versions of characters colliding. Then they’re going to go hard in on this idea through phase 4 with the rumours about Spider-Man 3 including stuff from the previous films and Dr Strange 2 literally being titled “The Multiverse of Madness”.

The question is, how far does this go? Because really, the ultimate conclusion to this concept would be a crossover with the DC universe.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Comrade Fakename posted:

The question is, how far does this go? Because really, the ultimate conclusion to this concept would be a crossover with the DC universe.

Nobody wants that. I'd sooner expect a crossover with Star Wars.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Comrade Fakename posted:

Oh god no.
Dear god no.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Various Artists posted:

so that cape show huh
You mean Cloak & Dagger? That was a pretty good show.
Dammit, did they recast Cloak? And whitewash him, too?
:downsrim:

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

MiddleOne posted:

Nobody wants that. I'd sooner expect a crossover with Star Wars.

Not to worry, in the MCU multiverse, the equivalent of the DC Universe was taken over by a cosmic Zack Snyder and promptly disappeared up its own rear end in a top hat re-enacting the Justice League movie in an eternal time loop.

radlum
May 13, 2013

Comrade Fakename posted:

Considering how unlikely a crossover in the comics is, I guess we could rule out a movie crossover...but maybe one day; I wouldn't rule it out entirely

Exasperated Badger
Jun 9, 2009

"Come," he says. "Let me tell you a story. Once, there were four stalwart heroes..."

teacup posted:

So they were so shocked at rambeau coming out- talking about her scans her clothes etc.

Where is the other agent / beekeeper!?

He lost his leash. Sparky didn't have a collar, was very excited at the arrival of the SWORD drone, and wanted to die. One hopes.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

radlum posted:

Considering how unlikely a crossover in the comics is, I guess we could rule out a movie crossover...but maybe one day; I wouldn't rule it out entirely

I guess Stephen Amell and Clark Gregg were trying to figure out a way to crossover Arrow/Agents of Shield but alas.

Also, DC would actually have to like I dunno have a super hero be happy but since they are "adult" that is never going to happen.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

What happened to the power stones at the end of End Game? I don’t remember, did Tony destroy them?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Invalid Validation posted:

What happened to the power stones at the end of End Game? I don’t remember, did Tony destroy them?

Steve went back in time to return them and then came back the slow way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Veotax posted:

Steve went back in time to return them and then came back the slow way.

In complete violation of the rules of time travel laid out earlier in the movie by the ancient one