Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Justin Godscock posted:

It really wasn't until the final year or two of WCW did Scott Steiner decline to the point where he's really just a meme worth a laugh.

Prof. Crocodile posted:

One of them has a deformed chest that he's repeatedly tried to cover up with tattoos and stupid hats. At some point you just put on a loving shirt dude.

e: It's Scott

I'm still impressed a dude as big as him could do this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw8NJD7wE58

Of course then he devolved into this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asnEzU_x6PY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXReH5ktleQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baalaagaa
Apr 9, 2004
Can't forget this Scott Steiner classic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-dZGsd2rAY

And Chris Jericho has aged like vinegar.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

lol Chris Jericho has bigger tits than Sable now.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

WHAT HAVE I BECOME

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Wow, he really stopped caring, lol.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I used to visit my grandparents over the summer in the 80s and my grandpa would always sit in his recliner and watch the WWF on Saturday mornings. It was always like 2 hours of matches between guys you had never heard of culminating in a match between one WWF superstar and some nobody that'd get curb stomped in 30 seconds flat. I never understood the fascination but I remember thinking it was funny as hell that my grandpa thought it was "real".

Every "headline" match in those morning shows went the same: Superstar takes like 3 minutes to make an entrance while some nondescript no-name guy waits in the ring for him. Match starts. No-name guy lands some weak move and the superstar pretends to stagger for a moment. Superstar then beats the everloving hell out of no-name guy. Match over. Superstar gives some hilarious ringside interview promoting whatever pay per-view event they had coming up. My favorite dude was some guy who used to literally chew on/tear up the corner turnbuckle post thingies and yell at people with a sock puppet.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

gently caress yea George the Animal Steel used to eat turnbuckles.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

That's the guy. Didn't he also have a sock puppet too or am I confusing two different guys?

Edit: Quick googling says the sock puppet guy was Mick Foley.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Feb 7, 2021

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
i enjoy wrestling your mom op

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Its one hundred percent true and verifiable that both vince mcmahon and hulk hogan want to have sex with their own daughters ( that's really a fact look at Hogans twitter history and Vince was always trying to do storylines where he married his own daughter)

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Not that it's not insanely creepy already, but I always thought that the fact that their daughters look a lot like them adds another layer of cringe. Of course, this layer is like a Post-it note on top of a wedding cake.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Jericho is so disappointing as a Canadian as he’s such a loving chud and gives platforms to really lovely people

His lovely rock band played at a super spreader event that eventually had over 250,000 covid cases and he didn’t give a gently caress

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Do it ironically posted:

Jericho is so disappointing as a Canadian as he’s such a loving chud and gives platforms to really lovely people

His lovely rock band played at a super spreader event that eventually had over 250,000 covid cases and he didn’t give a gently caress

yeah, jericho is a weird one, if you're a wrestler he's super cool, if you're anyone else he's terrible

jericho pros:
- consistently gives silly money to any injured/sick indy wrestler with a gofundme
- went out of his way to reunite benoit's surviving son and his aunt for dark side of the ring
- tried to fight brock lesnar irl (lol) because he thought he was hurting other wrestlers legit
- actively trying to make young wrestlers into stars as opposed to 90% of the old dudes in wrestling
- trolled bert kreischer, as a treat

jericho cons:
- drunk
- chud
- drunkchud
- band not good
- personally killed the population of rekjavik

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 days!
Here's some old-school rasslin' from Detroit circa 1978, for anyone who wonders why people like wrestling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYXvak7qBYY

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Never stop watching a coked-up Macho Man cutting his “Cream of the Crop” promo.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

https://youtu.be/r8wigNal8m8

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Do it ironically posted:

Oh god I forgot that I had Fozzy's debut album :blush:

Even I wasn't too much of a stan to realize that it was complete garbage though.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Also, fun fact: Butcher from The Butcher & The Blade is the guitarist for Every Time I Die, so Jericho doesn't even have the best band in AEW

If Chuckie T learns the xylophone at any point I'd be worried about second place tbh

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Fun story about him. In the pre-WWF days when wrestling was all territories and stuff, Steele was a college professor who moonlighted as a wrestler. But he competed just far enough away so the connection wasn't so blatant. Still, he would get the occasional student who would put two and two together and ask him about being George "The Animal" Steele. He would then shut them down with, "Do you really think I'm that ugly?"

FullLeatherJacket posted:

yeah, jericho is a weird one, if you're a wrestler he's super cool, if you're anyone else he's terrible

jericho pros:
- consistently gives silly money to any injured/sick indy wrestler with a gofundme
- went out of his way to reunite benoit's surviving son and his aunt for dark side of the ring
- tried to fight brock lesnar irl (lol) because he thought he was hurting other wrestlers legit
- actively trying to make young wrestlers into stars as opposed to 90% of the old dudes in wrestling
- trolled bert kreischer, as a treat

jericho cons:
- drunk
- chud
- drunkchud
- band not good
- personally killed the population of rekjavik

Pro: beat Goldberg in a fight backstage, bringing some catharsis to the way Goldberg hosed him over in WCW.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Since Covid hit WWE shows are done in what they call the Thunderdome.

The audience is giant screens of people at home, and its extremely distracting and disconnected. Any crowd noise is 100% fake and you've got Roman Reigns smashing Kevin Owens against a big screen of a kids face.

AEW is just a very small crowd of their co workers and a few locals/friends or family. Its far better.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

holy poo poo this owns

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I never got the chance to think it was real. My dad smartened me up immediately the first time I saw it on television when I was like 5.

"What's this, dad?"

"It's fake wrestling, son."

Thanks, old man. :(

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
When my friend first made me watch wrestling, I was "smartened up" because the announcer said "he sent him to the mat" so they don't fall hard.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I enjoy that this thread that originally was meant to poo poo on wrestling has turned into a pretty kickin' rad wrestling thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc_gA1RiYxo

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Bogus Adventure posted:

I enjoy that this thread that originally was meant to poo poo on wrestling has turned into a pretty kickin' rad wrestling thread.
It's an auspicious start for this thread, reminding me of the Simpsons meme thread.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Wait, George Steele was the guy who portrayed Tor Johnson in the movie Ed Wood? I never realized it was him.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Wait, George Steele was the guy who portrayed Tor Johnson in the movie Ed Wood? I never realized it was him.

It’s funny because people in tv and movies seem to love working with wrestlers because they are aware of every camera and understand blocking and where to stand and look, can be very charismatic and they can always use them for physical scenes because they already do physical work.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
What is your problem? Never put Hollywood Hogan holding Sting in a headlock on the cover-it's disrespectful to Sting and the WCW. Hogan has never beaten Sting, but Sting has beaten Hogan three times. Plus, I have played against Hogan on the hardest mode of WCW Vs. NWO: World Tour using Sting, and I've never lost. Nintendo and THQ would make more money if Sting was on the cover disrespecting the NWO (New Wuss Odor). If you still can't realize that, then I will just have to put Hogan in a Stinger Splash, Scorpion Death Drop and Scorpion Death Lock myself.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Bogus Adventure posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc_gA1RiYxo

There's a wrestling subforum, right? But I like that this thread is mostly about nostalgia. I don't have anything to say about present-day wrestling, but I can reminisce about '90s WCW/WWF/ECW all day.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

YeahTubaMike posted:

Not that it's not insanely creepy already, but I always thought that the fact that their daughters look a lot like them adds another layer of cringe. Of course, this layer is like a Post-it note on top of a wedding cake.

Very shocking that narcissists want to gently caress themselves

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

YeahTubaMike posted:

There's a wrestling subforum, right? But I like that this thread is mostly about nostalgia. I don't have anything to say about present-day wrestling, but I can reminisce about '90s WCW/WWF/ECW all day.

Randy Orton Manlove Lockerroom Punchsport Pagoda Wrestlehut 2000 Rowdy Ringsports Don’t Post Puro Here Punch Suplex Pin!

There’s a good WCW Nostalgia thread going that periodically rediscovers incredibly stupid but fun things from the 90s.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Bogus Adventure posted:

Of course then he devolved into this
That Steinertalk is purestrain MachoMan shittalking.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

FilthyImp posted:

That Steinertalk is purestrain MachoMan shittalking.

His promos are hilarious, but I meant his wrestling ability. He misses a ton of his spots, and you see a lot of why TNA Wrestling is a joke.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

The thing that really pulls off the Steinermath promo is that it's complete lunacy, but by its own internal logic everything makes absolute sense and the numbers add up

It's perfect, like a sunset

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Frank Frank posted:

I used to visit my grandparents over the summer in the 80s and my grandpa would always sit in his recliner and watch the WWF on Saturday mornings. It was always like 2 hours of matches between guys you had never heard of culminating in a match between one WWF superstar and some nobody that'd get curb stomped in 30 seconds flat. I never understood the fascination but I remember thinking it was funny as hell that my grandpa thought it was "real".

Go watch I'm From Hollywood https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0173920/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
It's a documentary about Andy Kaufman's "feud" with Jerry Lawler in Memphis. Even if you don't like Kaufman, its incredible to see him get people so riled up over a fantasy.

Supreme Allah posted:

Its one hundred percent true and verifiable that both vince mcmahon and hulk hogan want to have sex with their own daughters ( that's really a fact look at Hogans twitter history and Vince was always trying to do storylines where he married his own daughter)

When Brooke Hogan's album came out, they were on Howard Stern a few times and even they pointed this out, along with the fact that he daughter looks like a younger version of his wife. I think Hogan admitted years later that the stupid TV show they did was just a way to promote Brooke's album that Hulk to financed. His marriage was already in trouble so they squeezed out a season. Linda Hogan started dating her son's best friend shortly after which was strange as they'd known this guy since he was a baby.

Oh and don't forget the Nick Hogan got drunk and nearly killed his friend. Hulk defended his kid's actions by saying if the other guy was more into God, he would have not been harmed.

The Hogans are basically the life force of Florida in human form.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Bonzo posted:

Go watch I'm From Hollywood https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0173920/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
It's a documentary about Andy Kaufman's "feud" with Jerry Lawler in Memphis. Even if you don't like Kaufman, its incredible to see him get people so riled up over a fantasy.

When Brooke Hogan's album came out, they were on Howard Stern a few times and even they pointed this out, along with the fact that he daughter looks like a younger version of his wife. I think Hogan admitted years later that the stupid TV show they did was just a way to promote Brooke's album that Hulk to financed. His marriage was already in trouble so they squeezed out a season. Linda Hogan started dating her son's best friend shortly after which was strange as they'd known this guy since he was a baby.

Oh and don't forget the Nick Hogan got drunk and nearly killed his friend. Hulk defended his kid's actions by saying if the other guy was more into God, he would have not been harmed.

Nick Hogan is a weird little poo poo that loves to wreck rare Supras -- the one episode I saw of Hogans show, Nick and Brook were arguing and Brook threatened to wrestle him on a bed and he very creepily went ' ..OKAY! :haw: '

there's nothing good happening in that family

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Bonzo posted:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efINmPVZuac

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Bogus Adventure posted:

His promos are hilarious, but I meant his wrestling ability. He misses a ton of his spots, and you see a lot of why TNA Wrestling is a joke.
Now that I can agree on.

I think he god older, bigger, and lost some agility in the process. The compromise was just being a big freak cartoon Character to distract from the bad technical base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Lol, I remember this commercial. It loving owns.

FilthyImp posted:

Now that I can agree on.

I think he god older, bigger, and lost some agility in the process. The compromise was just being a big freak cartoon Character to distract from the bad technical base.

Yeah, Scott is great on the mic because he's a GENETIC FREAK, and he's not normal. Everything he says is hilarious, whether intentional or not.