Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

ArfJason posted:

Doom 2: the Plutonia Experiment

that city level near the end where you press a switch and have to investigate every building to find which small thing changes sucked balls

i did the secret levels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

AI: the somnium files. cool game, didnt like it as much as the zero escape games but it's still a really good techno thriller. the dance number at the end kicks rear end lol, more games need to do that

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hitman 3

I finished the main story a day or so ago but I just finished cleaning up all the other stuff I wanted to get done. Really phenomenal game and series.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

3. Far Cry 2. I don't know why they dropped the fire mechanic in the sequels it's such a simple intuitive tactical element and it's badass when everything is on fire and exploding. I played with a "vanilla+" mod that adds some QoL stuff and the option to disable saves outside safehouses (like the console version) so you have to plan ahead a little going into the missions. It's insanely long though like 20 hours, the story sucks and it gets a bit repetitive. The AI is really good. 4/5

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

AdmiralViscen posted:

1. Sackboy: A Big Adventure (1/13)
2. Jedi: Fallen Order (1/15)
3. Hitman 3 (1/27)
4. Cyber Shadow (1/31)

5. Yoshi’s Crafted World (2/6)

Next is probably Control

AdmiralViscen fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Feb 6, 2021

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1. Far Cry
2. Far Cry 2
3. Halo 2: Legendary Co-op
4. New Super Mario Bros.™ U Deluxe

Awesome Co-Op game that's also very cute. I love how all of Bowser's minions dance to the music.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Grand Prix ALL CUPS IN 50CC, 100CC, 150CC, MIRROR AND 200CC 3 STARS)
2. Sonic Advance (Sonic)
3. Alien Syndrome (US version, 1-ALL 1CC no death, reached 2-6) - video
4. Sonic 3 Complete (Knuckles)

hadn't done a knuckles playthrough in a long time, was gonna do it last weekend but just didnt for whatever reason. I remember it being a little longer, like I seem to remember there being a little bit more between Lava Reef and the final boss but guess not. I got stuck inside of a wall or blocked off test area and had to reset a total of Four times.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mycophobia posted:

1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Grand Prix ALL CUPS IN 50CC, 100CC, 150CC, MIRROR AND 200CC 3 STARS)
2. Sonic Advance (Sonic)
4. Sonic 3 Complete (Knuckles)

hadn't done a knuckles playthrough in a long time, was gonna do it last weekend but just didnt for whatever reason. I remember it being a little longer, like I seem to remember there being a little bit more between Lava Reef and the final boss but guess not. I got stuck inside of a wall or blocked off test area and had to reset a total of Four times.

didn't want to try AIR?

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I beat Hades finally. not going to say how many runs it took. haven’t finished the story or gotten the credits yet but i think i can call it beaten.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

b_d posted:

I beat Hades finally. not going to say how many runs it took. haven’t finished the story or gotten the credits yet but i think i can call it beaten.

not unilt you giet the credits you cant

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

4) Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition (4P Co-op, Hard mode) - All Bonus Dungeons Complete - 2/6/2021

Extremely long but really fun co-op game. The bonus content was a little uninspired but overall I loved the game...the final bonus boss took us over an hour and a half lol, it was one of the most ridiculous bosses I've ever seen in a game like this

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Feb 7, 2021

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Yakuza 3

internet went down two days ago so i spent most of my time playing through this. would be a lot better with a kiwami style remake

BoastfulVirus
Jun 13, 2013

4. Shadow Of The Colossus.
First time playing it. Game is tight as hell.

Hey Chief
Feb 21, 2013

1. Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin
Good game if wearying toward the end. The gameworld as a whole is less intriguing than DS1, though a lot of gameplay aspects are greatly improved. Mainly the co-op experience was so much better in this.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

4) Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition (4P Co-op, Hard mode) - All Bonus Dungeons Complete - 2/6/2021

Extremely long but really fun co-op game. The bonus content was a little uninspired but overall I loved the game...the final bonus boss took us over an hour and a half lol, it was one of the most ridiculous bosses I've ever seen in a game like this

Grade: -144.57
See me after class

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1. Far Cry
2. Far Cry 2
3. Halo 2: Legendary Co-op
4. New Super Mario Bros.™ U Deluxe
5. Dying Light - Nighmare, All Side Missions

Game is pretty mid, but the combat and movement is cool. It's neat that the game came out like five years ago and the devs are still releasing big content patches for the tiny community that still plays it online.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

didn't want to try AIR?

nah i was playing on my Genesis

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

4. Oxenfree

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
2. Sonic Advance (Sonic)
4. Sonic 3 Complete (Knuckles, Tails)

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Doom Eternal - hurt me plenty, all unlocks. Really fun game, haven't played something this frenetic in a long time. felt good to go from getting my rear end kicked in the first couple levels to tearing through the slayer gates later on.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

AC Odyssey legacy of the first blade DLC

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

1. Bloodstained - Ritual of the Night (all murderers killed dead, all meals cooked, good ending)

2. Bioshock (on switch)

Still pretty good. Not as disappointing as the first time I played it on 360, when I was expecting System Shock 2 again and got some no inventory bullshit. Going to play infinite next.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

2. Bioshock (on switch)

Still pretty good. Not as disappointing as the first time I played it on 360, when I was expecting System Shock 2 again and got some no inventory bullshit. Going to play infinite next.

Are you skipping 2? I never got through 2 or Infinity, but I think the original holds up. It's just one long dungeon crawl, but the atmosphere makes up for it

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

• Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Oxenfree

Been wanting to play Oxenfree for a few years but never got around to it. it was a dollar on steam so i snagged that rear end. it's a pretty decent walking sim, not great but not bad. cool visuals/music, but some of the dialogue really misses at critical moments and deflates the whole thing

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Cadence of Hyrule. Pretty fun but very short. I might do another run on dungeon mode, but probably not gonna get any of the dlc.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. All heart pieces. I was able to find almost all the heart pieces on my own from memory, but I had to look up the last three. Most of them aren't very well hidden anyway.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Kongming posted:

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. All heart pieces. I was able to find almost all the heart pieces on my own from memory, but I had to look up the last three. Most of them aren't very well hidden anyway.

there are also way fewer of them than i remember, i guess because there are so many dungeons.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

romancing saga 3 - ellen route. game is cool but imo my least favorite saga other than the game boy games. it's still a fuckin wild game and the music and sprites kick rear end. i'll post some of the sicker ones tomorrow

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Hermione:Its SaGa, not saga.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Bicyclops posted:

Are you skipping 2? I never got through 2 or Infinity, but I think the original holds up. It's just one long dungeon crawl, but the atmosphere makes up for it

I liked 2 more than the original back in the day and Minervas Den was probably the best of the lot.
Went for infinite next because I though it might be a bit too much rapture but I am regretting it so far as it’s even less of an ‘immersive sim’ and basically just a shooter. Although the main bad guy is called Father Comstock which makes me think of him as Father Cumsock.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

forgot to post it but i beat donut county and it sucked rear end

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

heehee posted:

lol, i keep hearing that and remembering the super positive giantbomb quicklook

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

trying to jack off posted:

lol, i keep hearing that and remembering the super positive giantbomb quicklook

It would have been like, a cute newgrounds game, but not one of the ones you actually retained a memory of into adulthood

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

heehee posted:

Yea, its on gamepass..... I tried it, the writing is like if someone was trying to satirize indie game writing and the gameplay was so unchallenging and plain I just uninstalled it.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
it's kind of surprising how much donut county sucks because it's a katamari rip-off and katamari owns, but everything that works in katamari just doesn't work in donut county
the levels are too small, there's not enough stuff in them, and just on a basic level it doesn't make sense because why would a hole get bigger when you put stuff in it?

in katamari, there's a great sense of progression because stuff that blocks your way (or is literally the ground you walk on) eventually you're rolling up into your cute growing chaos ball. you can't block a hole in the ground

and it's non-linear- it's thrilling when you get your katamari big enough to pick up traffic cones right when you're at a big line of traffic cones, you feel like you're nailing it.
donut county, if it's not time for you to collect that yet, you just don't collect it and find something you can, and it's just like rock -> bigger rock -> bigger rock -> oh the level's over

I give indie games a lot of leeway, but at some point I just had to admit I wasn't having fun

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

ya the idea is neat but it's more like a tech demo than a game. and i just started mashing through all the dialogue after like 5 minutes lol

anyway I beat Yakuza 4 and started up 5. having no internet has made me play like 10 hours of yakuza a day which has been epic, 4 was a huge improvement over 3, akiyama is dope as balls.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Cubone posted:

and it's non-linear- it's thrilling when you get your katamari big enough to pick up traffic cones right when you're at a big line of traffic cones, you feel like you're nailing it.
donut county, if it's not time for you to collect that yet, you just don't collect it and find something you can, and it's just like rock -> bigger rock -> bigger rock -> oh the level's over

it turns katamari into a puzzle game, except the only puzzle is big bird asking you which crate is bigger

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

1. No More Heroes (Mild, True Ending, All T-Shirts)
2. Abe's Oddysee New n' Tasty (Hard Mode all 299 Mudokons saved):
3. Return of the Obra-Dinn: Amazing game an easy 5/5. Just was so much fun to wake up each morning and work out some new fates and piece new parts of the story together. Feel I did a pretty good job of solving any 2 arrow and some 3 arrow unblurred faces when I got them instead of just trying to unlock as many memories as I could to make it easy. Got all the fates and the secret chapter though I can't imagine most people would give up before that. I did almost do it accidentally thinking 2 of the fates wouldn't finish but I had a slight error on one. I didn't really have to rely on guesswork other than the 4 Chinese top men and the last two random seamen who were both from England. If id' gone through all their memories I'd probably have got them eventually but plugging in a limited amount of names when you had two rock solid solves didn't feel too cheesy imo. I am reading the wiki now to see how some of the three arrows were supposed to be identified super early and despite feeling like I found a lot of subtle stuff there is so much other stuff I missed. A must play.

Hey Chief
Feb 21, 2013

Is Obra Dinn the best puzzle game? If there's anything even close to it, I want to play it.

2. Stacking.
Cute, has some of that Double Fine writing and visual design that makes Psychonauts a classic, but the puzzles are kid's fare. Most likely literally for kids?
3. Armored Warriors (co-op)
This is a blast. Every pick-up is fun. Definitely play this together with someone (or -two) else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Hey Chief posted:

Is Obra Dinn the best puzzle game? If there's anything even close to it, I want to play it.

There's a little known game you should check out, Myst