Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Samadhi posted:

Question for the thread: How do you feel about the families who let their kids push the carts in the store?

Meh. The olds are worse. I see way too many adults block off an entire lane with one cart so they can check their phone or adjust their underwear. Not worried about mom trying to keep the kids occupied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

ohnobugs posted:

Meh. The olds are worse. I see way too many adults block off an entire lane with one cart so they can check their phone or adjust their underwear. Not worried about mom trying to keep the kids occupied.

100% this, the people who bug me the most are always either oblivious singles or older couples just not paying attention to anything outside their bubble. Families with kids are usually on alert to keep the kids in line and if they’re lushing the cart they’re on a short leash!

Also now you rarely see kids in store in covid times, I miss bringing mine out for grocery/costco shops :sigh:

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

priznat posted:

100% this, the people who bug me the most are always either oblivious singles or older couples just not paying attention to anything outside their bubble. Families with kids are usually on alert to keep the kids in line and if they’re lushing the cart they’re on a short leash!

Also now you rarely see kids in store in covid times, I miss bringing mine out for grocery/costco shops :sigh:
Wish I worked at your warehouse, The parents at mine seem to think we double as babysitters and just let their kids all over the drat place. And the loving families that leave their kids in the cart and you have to load the groceries around them, gently caress those people the plexiglass is there for a reason.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Gaius Marius posted:

Wish I worked at your warehouse, The parents at mine seem to think we double as babysitters and just let their kids all over the drat place. And the loving families that leave their kids in the cart and you have to load the groceries around them, gently caress those people the plexiglass is there for a reason.

Yikes that’s just nasty, I have not seen that. I do usually go weekdays just after lunch so most kids will be in school (classes are in school here) and I’ve really noticed very few people bring kids when grocery shopping these days as well at other stores.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Just in time, my tub was empty, Bitchin' Sauce on sale.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Cartoon Man posted:

Is this just as good as Pam? Kinda annoyed they stopped carrying Pam and switched to this.

We just get this from our costco. Works fine.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Gaius Marius posted:

Pho is highly overrated. Not even top five Vietnamese dishes.

Hit us with that top 5 Taima I mean Gaius Marius.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Forgot tomorrow was the super bowl and I went as soon as the doors opened this morning.

What a loving mistake.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Renegret posted:

Forgot tomorrow was the super bowl and I went as soon as the doors opened this morning.

What a loving mistake.

Is it going to be empty tomorrow? I'm going right when it opens tomorrow.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Ravendas posted:

Is it going to be empty tomorrow? I'm going right when it opens tomorrow.

No it'll be packed. But not as bad as today most likely.

Coredump posted:

Hit us with that top 5 Taima I mean Gaius Marius.

Yeah I can't remember any of the dishes names but bahn mi, but basing entirely off the Vietnamese place that used to be by my old house. They had this bao that was better than any I had at any chinese place. There was this sort of spicy pork broth soup that was dope, and some sort of dumplings in a transparent wrapper. Idk everytime I have pho, restaurant or pre packaged it's way too ginger forward with nothing to balance it out.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Any other year it would probably be absolutely packed until like an hour before game time, this year is anybody's guess though. Could be there will be more people since there will be many more small parties instead of a few big ones, could be people just don't give a poo poo since they aren't going to a big party.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I wasn't a fan of that Snapdragon Pho but these bibigo steamed dumplings are excellent. They come six in a tiny tray and I fill up one of the little indents with soy sauce and dip the little fellas in there. :kiddo:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

Pho is highly overrated. Not even top five Vietnamese dishes.

Well this is certainly wrong. Pho is awesome.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

I use these, a box of 4 cubes is 60c from Hmart.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Ok, so I'm a single person and the tub looks big...but is the bitchin sauce really that good? I don't know if I could finish it. It's been a month and I'm still not done with the brownies.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
It really helps the Normandy Blend from getting too samey.

It's close to Ray's Chicken Sauce. Kind of surprisingly sweet.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Gatts posted:

Ok, so I'm a single person and the tub looks big...but is the bitchin sauce really that good? I don't know if I could finish it. It's been a month and I'm still not done with the brownies.

It can go anywhere cheese can go.

Personally, I went through mine too quickly:
  • Dipping sauce for bread.
  • Finishing sauce for various rice dishes.

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Does the 'co carry sugar in the raw? I can't find it at the regular grocery store

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I wasn't a fan of that Snapdragon Pho but these bibigo steamed dumplings are excellent. They come six in a tiny tray and I fill up one of the little indents with soy sauce and dip the little fellas in there. :kiddo:

My mom buys those and it makes me wish I had a microwave (not really) because it's excellent diet food. See also, forget what they're called but they have these teeny chicken/cilantro dumplings that also rule and are also not horrible for you.

Gatts posted:

I am also single and I got a tub back in September. Just tossed out the last inch or so last week for getting moldy. I mostly liked dipping veggies in it, crackers also worked well, will probably get another tub next time I go to church if they have any.

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

number 1 snake fan posted:

Does the 'co carry sugar in the raw? I can't find it at the regular grocery store

yep - https://www.costco.com/sugar-in-the-raw-turbinado-cane-sugar%2c-6-lbs.product.100403324.html

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Gatts posted:

I couldn't get close to finishing one before I threw it out. I also wasn't a huge fan. It was good of course, but not as great as everyone said it was.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
About the thin crust pizzas burning: they do ok if you put them in a cookie tray instead of straight on the rack (I admit I didn't read the instructions closely enough to see if that was recommended). Pity I only figured it out by pizza 4 of 4.

About the bibigo dumplings: the six-packs are way better than the small individual ones which come in a big bag, and don't come with sauce. One 6-pack is good for a lightish meal, they come with sauce, they're great. I got a big pack of the small ones a while ago, like 3 months, and I still have half the bag. I'm the only person in the family who eats them.

Bitchin' sauce:

I couldn't get close to finishing one before I threw it out. I also wasn't a huge fan. It was good of course, but not as great as everyone said it was.

Seconded. I thought it was okay, I suppose, whatever. My wife didn't like it either and she normally likes that kind of thing. I had a chipotle tub. I tried it on rice and chicken, and various other ways. We had the chipotle version but I think that's all costco had.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Gatts posted:

It’s good but not amazing.

Whole Foods has smaller tubs if you want to try the various flavors.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

This is the correct answer. I got a quarter of the way into it and it was a bit too much for me. Calorie wise its pretty heavy too.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Costco's real prize:

Great for soups and savory oatmeals!

Around here, the grocers, they only sell small jars with high salt. And for similar cost!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

MarcusSA posted:

I saw some small tubs at Vons today and they were barely less expensive than the big guy from Costco. The flip side is there's an actual flavor selection (I have also only seen chipotle at church).

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Always love the idiots that try to line-cut before opening. Usually older people, their mask with nose uncovered, and they keep glancing at the line stretching beyond the building, and waiting for someone who had been waiting in said line since 30 minutes before open to let them cut in.

I swear if Costco didn't limit poo poo, I would go in when the sale is on, buy $200 of cat litter, and leave. Not have to come back for months. Nope, they have to make it limit of 3 a day. Are people going to stockpile this poo poo like toilet paper?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Last time I went the kitty litter was out, I'm glad that it went to a bunch of people instead of one household.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

schreibs posted:

This is the correct answer. I got a quarter of the way into it and it was a bit too much for me. Calorie wise its pretty heavy too.

Yeah I had a really hard time justifying eating it due to the calories.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Yeah I had a really hard time justifying eating it due to the calories.

That was a problem for me too, and a lot of why it took me so long to go through the tub, but sometimes it just really hit the spot. I felt like it was more flavorful hummus, and ofc with the calories since it's made from almonds.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Accretionist posted:

Costco's real prize:

Around here, the grocers, they only sell small jars with high salt. And for similar cost!

Yes! This is fantastic for pretty much any use of chicken broth/stock EXCEPT for chicken broth based soups. Making chicken pot pie and need broth for the sauce? BTB! Making some mexican yellow rice? BTB! Making matzoh ball soup? Chicken broth.

[edit] We didn't finish our Chipotle bitchin' sauce, but I appreciate the friends we made along the way to maybe 75% consumed. Ate so many baby carrots!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

MarcusSA posted:

they have more flavors but a tiny 2oz tub at whole foods is like $1 cheaper than the 16 oz tub at costco. kinda too hard to buy it here

anyways i'll agree it's good but not like mind-blowing. my initial taste i was like lukewarm on it but more i ate it the more i liked it and then the whole tub was gone. sadly our costco hasn't had it in almost 2 years. maybe it sells out, idk.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Accretionist posted:

Costco's real prize:

I wish they'd sell the garlic flavor at Costco. We go through that like water at my house.

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-
Re: clorox wipes

Most people will go to Clorox wipes first, then Kirkland... And ignore the rest. We've had other ammonia-based wipes for months now but people tend to walk right past them. Your local warehouse probably has some; check the aisles, we had to move ours there because they don't sell as well.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Xaris posted:

sadly our costco hasn't had it in almost 2 years. maybe it sells out, idk.

Different locations just have different stock. There are three Costcos I bounce between for certain items, and only one of them carries Bitchin Sauce. It's just weird like that. One of them has an entire wall of instant ramen bowls, another only carries the Nongshim Tonkotsu and A-Sha.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

This Cancel Culture has to stop. I liked Mr. Fett in The Mandalorian...

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Accretionist posted:

Costco's real prize:

I used the beef variant yesterday to make some au jus for french dips. That stuff rocks.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

The chicken is also legit for mashed potatoes, gravy, soup and sauces

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

wow WOW, ok I see how it is.