Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I still haven't even played the first DP. Does it hold up, like, enough as a game to make the *experience* worth it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

I started playing it, then the next time I tried to load up the game it just... wouldn't work. I looked it up and the consensus was,"Yeah that just happens sometimes :shrug:" so... well, yeah I never bothered again.

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Absolutely nothing good about it, maybe the very end cutscenes but that's it. Don't bother!
:allears:

Yossarian-22 posted:

I still haven't even played the first DP. Does it hold up, like, enough as a game to make the *experience* worth it?
Watch the supergreatfriend LP. Its a much better experience than playing the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFpYKx9m3NU

Storm One
Jan 12, 2011

eSporks posted:

Watch the supergreatfriend LP. Its a much better experience than playing the game.
:hmmwrong:

2 is trash though

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I was making a list of all the properties that have been brought back from the dead recently with the same actors reprising their old roles. Are there any that I’m forgetting?

- Twin Peaks
- Bill & Ted Face the Music
- Jay & Silent Bob Reboot
- Cobra Kai
- Star Wars

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

How recently is recent? Cause you could add Indiana Jones and Die Hard.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Data Graham posted:

I was making a list of all the properties that have been brought back from the dead recently with the same actors reprising their old roles. Are there any that I’m forgetting?

- Twin Peaks
- Cobra Kai
- Star Wars

Full House
Punky Brewster

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Technically Animaniacs, if you count cartoons.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer
Coming to America?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Roseanne

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Murphy Brown, Mad About You

There’s been loads

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

x-files and saved by the bell

I think the real question now is which shows HAVEN'T had a revival

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Data Graham posted:

- Twin Peaks
- Cobra Kai
- Star Wars

Fast and furious including a guy who died (3), was brought back, (5) died again (6), brought back again (9) and a lady who died (4) and came back (6)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Escobarbarian posted:

Mad About You

Wait.... they brought back Mad About You?

why?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I have no idea, it was on some channel nobody’s ever heard of and nobody watched it

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Walker Texas Ranger is being rebooted on the CW. My first thought was, why pay for the ip??

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

They could have at least developed Mad About Shoe

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

rewatching S3 ATM, and have noticed that despite the show often being described as a drama//thriller, it's also as funny as hell. funnier than most comedy shows IMO

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008

Data Graham posted:

- Twin Peaks
- Cobra Kai
- Star Wars

Not as recent but Gilmore Girls and Arrested Development.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Rambo III and Rambo (inofficial IV) had 20 years between them. Rocky V and Rocky Balboa had 16 and if they do make another Rocky movie it'll be at least another 15 since then.

Tenuously, Terminator, for picking up the story from the end of Terminator 2 28 years later, and ignoring everything from inbetween.

Sex and the City, maybe?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sex in the City has a TV reboot comin so it definitely counts

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The X Files was a pretty big one

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

HD DAD posted:

Technically Animaniacs, if you count cartoons.

DuckTales too

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Blade Runner has got to count as a big one. Can't believe I forgot it.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The Merkinman posted:

DuckTales too

Wait, does that have the original VAs?

My Lovely Horse posted:

Blade Runner has got to count as a big one. Can't believe I forgot it.

Oh hell yeah

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Data Graham posted:

- Twin Peaks
- Cobra Kai
- Star Wars
Tron
Independence Day
Top Gun

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I think we're establishing that it's done basically all the time since sequels started getting big in the 80s, and it probably does say something about our media reception habits.

You really got to wonder how much money Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd rejected 6 years ago. Someone must have wanted to make another Back to the Future.

e: I'd really at least mention Mad Max too, obviously it replaced Mel Gibson with Tom Hardy but George Miller stayed in the chair, that's got to count for something.

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Feb 8, 2021

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yeah, that's really way more than I had been thinking off the top of my head. I knew there were some I was missing but god drat.

All's I knew was that I was having the "wow drat that dude has aged well/poorly and can/cannot still convincingly portray this character" experience an awful lot lately.

fake edit: holy poo poo Pee-Wee Herman. Dude is like loving 70 and yet the movie he just did looks like it's still 1987

e2: oh yeah and that Wayne's World spot they just did for Uber Eats. That was ... less successful

Data Graham fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Feb 8, 2021

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Data Graham posted:

The Merkinman posted:

DuckTales too
Wait, does that have the original VAs?

Oh right, the stipulation was the same cast. Sorry.. .well there was that Beavis and Butthead revival in 2011, which is getting another revival later this year. Though that's one person doing both voices so IDK if that should count either.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

last night

https://twitter.com/jacob__posts/status/1358595417404035074?s=09&fbclid=IwAR3C5CLvIk-2qQNwV79F1Z3idTVVWNMnB-7GrYBV-CtF9NPZnPtRD4tKpX4

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

There's also the distinction in premise between "time has passed in-universe and they should in fact look 25 years older" and "no actually you are still a teenager watching SNL and trying your first weed, shut up"

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

There's also stuff like Alien where the first four movies actually came out at a fairly consistent pace every 5-7 years, but I remember when Resurrection was announced I perceived it as "a new sequel to that old trilogy."

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Terminator tried it several times with a few versions of a returning Arnold and most recently with a mid-70s Linda Hamilton.

Also Halloween.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Personally I want to see them make Weekend at Bernie's 3

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

My Lovely Horse posted:

Personally I want to see them make Weekend at Bernie's 3

Weekend at Bernie’s 4, inexplicably skipping 3

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

HD DAD posted:

Weekend at Bernie’s 4, inexplicably skipping 3

Terry Kiser is, amazingly enough, still alive.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

My Lovely Horse posted:

e: I'd really at least mention Mad Max too, obviously it replaced Mel Gibson with Tom Hardy but George Miller stayed in the chair, that's got to count for something.

It brought back at least one actor, since Immortan Joe played Toecutter in the original.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Laterite posted:

Terry Kiser is, amazingly enough, still alive.

If that isn't galactic levels of :irony:

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Tace Vim posted:

rewatching S3 ATM, and have noticed that despite the show often being described as a drama//thriller, it's also as funny as hell. funnier than most comedy shows IMO
This is one of my favorite parts about Twin Peaks.

We just finished watching "Search Party" and it's got similar vibes. The way that both shows can take you into some really dark emotions, and then just immediately break tension with some slapstick camera comedy is amazing.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Tace Vim posted:

I've been going through the whole series with a friend. We just hit the "WILSON HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOOOOOOU?" bit and both completely creased up laughing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Quote-Unquote posted:

I've been going through the whole series with a friend. We just hit the "WILSON HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOOOOOOU?" bit and both completely creased up laughing.

Those two dudes are loving amazing considering how small their parts are. Them trying to wrestle Cooper's letter away from Battling Bud is incredible.