Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
When are they going to watch Nukie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

In terms of bond movies that's recent

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Randarkman posted:

So they're going to do Silence of the Lambs without Hannibal Lecter?

It takes place after Silence of the Lambs so he's still on the lam.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Your Gay Uncle posted:

it would be extremely funny if junka has damaged all the nukie tapes

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
they did it all for the nukie

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh man goldeneye the movie is wildly fuckin different from goldeneye the game

I mean that's to be expected but holy poo poo lol

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Jose Oquendo posted:

It takes place after Silence of the Lambs so he's still on the lam.

How is Jame Gumb in the show then? He died!

["No one's ever really gone" rings out]

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Your Gay Uncle posted:

They're 3 episodes away from Best of the Worst #100 (and we know episode #98 is a Spotlight on Blood Shack that should drop soon).

If it doesn't happen then, I don't think it'll ever happen.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

LanceHunter posted:

They're 3 episodes away from Best of the Worst #100 (and we know episode #98 is a Spotlight on Blood Shack that should drop soon).

If it doesn't happen then, I don't think it'll ever happen.

also I guess Patton is coming back for either episode 99 or 100

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I assumed that they were just joking about Patton coming back (and giving an excuse to play that clip of him again). It would be cool to get him back for another episode, but it seems unlikely to happen while we're still in the middle of the pandemic.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

LanceHunter posted:

I assumed that they were just joking about Patton coming back (and giving an excuse to play that clip of him again). It would be cool to get him back for another episode, but it seems unlikely to happen while we're still in the middle of the pandemic.

he’s killed before, he’ll do it again

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
they should dump Patton and bring in Val Kilmer and get him to explain Spartan

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Val Kilmer can barely talk any more :(

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Val Kilmer can barely talk any more :(

That's never stopped them from having Rich Evans on the show.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

rydiafan posted:

That's never stopped them from having Rich Evans on the show.

lmfao

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
It rules that no one on TV can ever talk about the super bowl and ratings for it continue to plummet.

Get hosed, NFL shareholders.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

The Superbowl happens too often, it should be like the Olympics. Alternatively, it should occur randomly as many times a year as determined by some function of sunspot activity.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

It rules that no one on TV can ever talk about the super bowl and ratings for it continue to plummet.

Get hosed, NFL shareholders.

football? it's a bad game!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I went to a pub showing the Super Bowl once and it was genuinely one of the most boring things I’ve ever seen.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Gargamel Gibson posted:

It came out 26 years ago.

I used to laugh at the elderly. I am now one.

God is harsh but fair

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Every other sport: gobs of cash, doesn't care if you share their footage or talk about them, pretty chill

NFL: will kick down your door and shoot your dog if you post an NFL meme or use the term Super Bowl, hemorrhaging money and viewers because there's no online presence whatsoever, just all around incredible out of touch rich boomer energy

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
The NFL is still making ungodly amounts of money Al, I’m sorry to break it to you

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
LOL this is the 30th anniversary of Nirvana Nevermind, Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey, Hot Shots, Hook, Silence of the Lambs, Point Break, The Addams Family, The Rocketeer, and Terminator 2.

We're dinosaurs, lol.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I’m 29 :blastu::corsair:

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

That'd be neat, I really like the episode he was in. The films were utter garbage, and I think that made the episode better.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I went to a pub showing the Super Bowl once and it was genuinely one of the most boring things I’ve ever seen.

The best super bowl was 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF1PKs-3eQ0

So you’re thinking, greatest hype video of all time, right? A pure game of kings is about to unfold?

Well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLo_tgdwX9w

Literally everyone with a sensible mind bet against the Seahawks. Can’t blame them. And then... loving magic happens. MAGIC!

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Alex Kurtzman just has failure after failure and now gets another crack at a well known and regarded IP. he can't keep getting away with this.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
KILL KURTZMAN

TERMINATE WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Just cut his hands off so he can’t write bad stories anymore. We’re not savages.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
he has to have some family connection to explain why he keeps getting work, yeah?

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Mozi posted:

he has to have some family connection to explain why he keeps getting work, yeah?

His father in law was a famous Hollywood attorney who helped the studios fight against strikes by the unions. Every studio will give him infinite leverage because they've made billions from his family's work.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

LanceHunter posted:

this was my impression but also mike delivered it pretty deadpan instead of playing it up for yuks like other times patton's been mentioned so he could've been serious?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Randarkman posted:

That'd be neat, I really like the episode he was in. The films were utter garbage, and I think that made the episode better.

well bad movies are a dime a dozen but man some are just loving dull. It's hard to make an entertaining bad movie but they seemed to luck up

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

LanceHunter posted:

His father in law was a famous Hollywood attorney who helped the studios fight against strikes by the unions. Every studio will give him infinite leverage because they've made billions from his family's work.

so we can definitely say gently caress him and his entire bloodline

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

LOL this is the 30th anniversary of Nirvana Nevermind, Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey, Hot Shots, Hook, Silence of the Lambs, Point Break, The Addams Family, The Rocketeer, and Terminator 2.

We're dinosaurs, lol.

God drat it, why was stuff so much better back then <:mad:>

Also lol people tut tutting that some zoomer kid smashed her guitar in an obviously staged way (sparks don’t usually shoot out of stage monitors when struck!). I do remember some tut tutting when Cobain did it too but without social media to amplify and backlash and back backlash on it didn’t make much of a ripple.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

We're dinosaurs, lol.

Lol Nirvana is classic rock now

Avian Pneumonia
May 24, 2006

ASK ME ABOUT MY OPINIONS ON CANCEL CULTURE
So to what extent do we believe that their review of Promising Young Woman was legitimate?

Did they believe what they were saying or did they see that one reviewer get absolutely roasted and cancelled for what wasn't even mild criticism and they adjusted accordingly?

The movie was unfathomably bad on almost every level and I was looking forward to an honest assessment from RLM but their channel is their careers and livelihoods now and I think they know what would have happened if they did not tow the line, here.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol if you think they care about any of that

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Castor Poe posted:

It was on dadrock stations a decade ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Castor Poe posted:

the span of time between kurt cobain's death and now is about the same as the start of beatlemania and smells like teen spirit.