Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Wow that's a lot to happen very suddenly and yeah maybe should have been more than just this one chapter

Not 100% sure how I feel about it yet. Don't hate it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

It doesn't make much sense, again, Zeke stopping the rumbling seems to contradict earlier events and what we know about the founding titan, along with several other inconsistencies. Eren hasn't spoken a word this whole time, he appears to be sleeping. Way too optimistic for AoT. I agree with the fakeout vibes.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

def

but yeah there is definitely at least one final shoe to drop

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

my first thought was how fast it was blowing past all the points of note people were discussing as being issues there weren’t enough time for. I don’t think it was rushed, entirely, but it did go really fast. My second thought was that at first I did not like the “lend me your strength” team of heroes rising to fight moment, but as the rest of the chapter focused on parts beside the fighting, I liked it more. I agree it is probably a fakeout, though I wonder if “will they stop eren” is itself maybe just that. Reframing the context for the stakes would be very on brand.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Eren and Reiner need to have a shirtless fistfight on top of the wreck of the Founding Titan.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I like what I'm reading, but not the pace at which I'm reading it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's going very fast, but I kind of like the panicked frenzied pace it's going at.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

I’d be fine with a twist, I’d be fine with this being the unironic path to the end, it’s good stuff either way

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

No Wave posted:

A lot of really important stuff happened.... feels like this should have been more than one chapter.

Yeah, the weak part is how quick and easy (and unoriginal) has been the talk with Zeke, as from there they could win. "Oh, but little things make life good!"

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

strong vibes like 138 is going to be ‘no, _this_ is really how it’s going to go’ followed by 139 epilogue.

at least Feb is a short month!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I thought with Ymir being free Zeke was useless like a discarded key to a broken lock. Weird that killing him would end things so suddenly

hatty fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Feb 8, 2021

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

It would be incredibly lame for that to be the end of Eren. They didn’t confront him or his ideology and prove that his way was wrong, they just fought a big monster. That can’t be the conclusion to this conflict.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Ethiser posted:

It would be incredibly lame for that to be the end of Eren. They didn’t confront him or his ideology and prove that his way was wrong, they just fought a big monster. That can’t be the conclusion to this conflict.

"Well, I'm very disappointed. You all failed my test!"

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

There has to be umm something more I guess.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

hatty posted:

I thought with Ymir being free Zeke was useless like a discarded key to a broken lock. Weird that killing him would end things so suddenly

If we're going with a key metaphor imagine it's a car. You need to keep the key in the ignition for the car to run. If you remove the key, you shut off the car.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

JahRoo posted:

If we're going with a key metaphor imagine it's a car. You need to keep the key in the ignition for the car to run. If you remove the key, you shut off the car.

Then how did Eren command titans to kill Reiner after Dina died?

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:
I’m going to be very disappointed if Reiner doesn’t plot armor his way out of this.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.
That chapter ruled and I'm glad it made Yaegerists mad.

I'm also glad Levi finally got to keep his promise to Erwin.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Gonna wait for the other shoe to drop but I extremely liked the previous shifters showing up.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

That went by fast and I'm a little confused. Zeke is still relevant after we established that Ymir is actually calling the shots? He says you can't leave the paths then just leaves anyway? He had that choice all along? I dunno, I'm going to re-read it in an hour guess and see if it clears up a bit

kerwyn
Aug 21, 2007
I feel like something else happened in the paths dimension that we weren't shown. Although I did go reread some old chapters the other night and Armin figures that killing Zeke night stop it 4-5 chapters back.

Gibbering posted:

I’m going to be very disappointed if Reiner doesn’t plot armor his way out of this.

:hmmyes:

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

if you need to kill a pseudo-immortal transdimensional parasite thing, a tactical nuke might just do the trick

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Crespolini posted:

That went by fast and I'm a little confused. Zeke is still relevant after we established that Ymir is actually calling the shots? He says you can't leave the paths then just leaves anyway? He had that choice all along? I dunno, I'm going to re-read it in an hour guess and see if it clears up a bit
Wait for the official translation? I think fan scanlation goes Japanese Raws --> Korean fan scanlation --> English fan scanlation

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I guess the ram horns Titan must be Zeke’s mentor’s beast titan right? I guess Zeke had a mostly human looking beast titan because he had royal blood.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I noticed that Falco titan has a normal human face with a bird helmet I don’t like it.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
I found the audio of the exhibition Isayama had for the final chapter and how he thinks it will sound, so I really don't think this is how it ends.

For the curious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNJ9ft7RCFs

This definitely feels like a fakeout to me.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah I thought Falco had a Big Bird mouth instead of a man face.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

RatHat posted:

I guess the ram horns Titan must be Zeke’s mentor’s beast titan right? I guess Zeke had a mostly human looking beast titan because he had royal blood.

Could also be that the beast takes the form of an animal you have an affinity for. Zeke had a monkey doll as a kid, who knows what Ksavers favorite animal was.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

hatty posted:

Yeah I thought Falco had a Big Bird mouth instead of a man face.

He’s the Jaw Titan! He shouldn’t have a normal human face.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
*Next chapter*

"My god, that's Eren's entrance music!"

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Asuron posted:

I found the audio of the exhibition Isayama had for the final chapter and how he thinks it will sound, so I really don't think this is how it ends.

For the curious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNJ9ft7RCFs

This definitely feels like a fakeout to me.

Maybe he watched the new Avengers movie and changed his mind again.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

JahRoo posted:

Could also be that the beast takes the form of an animal you have an affinity for. Zeke had a monkey doll as a kid, who knows what Ksavers favorite animal was.

It turns out Ymir is very respectful of people's fursonas.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I'm kind of shocked at how much I liked it.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

The power of friendship saves the day? Lame

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Ethiser posted:

I noticed that Falco titan has a normal human face with a bird helmet I don’t like it.

I mean he’s some hosed up chimera of two titans so it’s not surprising he looks weird.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
Only thing I don't understand is the Zeke/Ymir dynamic, which seems like either a disappointing retcon or something we weren't shown yet. Everything else was cool and people totally blew this out of proportion. Eren will be fighting back next chapter and Mikasa's gonna give him the scarf.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
If Eren fights back next chapter he'll probably win, if he doesn't fight back I'll be confused about his motives

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

hatty posted:

If Eren fights back next chapter he'll probably win, if he doesn't fight back I'll be confused about his motives

Presumably, clarifying his motives will be part of the next chapter.

We still haven't got his whole prospective, after all. And ignoring that seems way too sloppy for Isayama.

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
Maybe Im a dumb baby with bad taste but I really liked this chapter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Eustace posted:

Maybe Im a dumb baby with bad taste but I really liked this chapter

I'm also a dumb baby with bad taste and thought it was just alright. I have many questions most of which I assume will be answered in a month or two and maybe some that are just retcons.