Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What would trump have done if he were still prez
This poll is closed.
bombed the boat 10 10.53%
told the beautiful boaters to ram the boat 45 47.37%
https://i.imgur.com/BvIBJji.jpg 40 42.11%
Total: 95 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Gripweed posted:

They have. Many times.

Yeah? Name four.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Back to the future 3 is the most accurate western

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Fun fact, Samurai times ended in Japan while America was having Wild West times. Samurais and Cowboys existed at the same time

yeah there’s an episode of the rifleman where he befriends a samurai

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

ArmZ posted:

johnny knoxville is our generation's buster keaton

yep

Alucardd
Aug 1, 2006

tenderjerk posted:

They should make a anime of a samurai and cowboy

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Plinkey posted:

i really like it when the train flies

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Zisky posted:

tell people about your MFA while you make their drink

I think I've related this story before, but I'm old: me and former-lurker were in the Boston ICA, at that cool gallery overlooking the harbor, and we were like "wtf" because it was a day that they took the Constitution out for a run around the harbor, and we were just open-mouthed staring. A school group marched in a couple seconds later and the teacher was telling them some pointless bullshit, and me (or maybe it was former-lurker) said to another adult with the group "The USS Constitution is sailing in the harbor like right there", and they told the kids to look and then like 2 seconds later resumed the stupid bullshit.

If I had had an MFA I could have "well actually" the gently caress out of those kids

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

If i remember right, that game was awesome.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If you're interested in a Samurai Western with murder robots, I have exactly one and two thirds seasons of a TV show for you to get excited about.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frYIj2FGmMA

Questionable nature of The General aside Buster Keaton did some incredible stunts.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
Also ICA Boston is extremely cool but it's a really weird idea to take a bunch of 4th graders there

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

they made a samurai western it was called stra wars

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Zisky posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frYIj2FGmMA

Questionable nature of The General aside Buster Keaton did some incredible stunts.

he was something else, for sure, and he legit was a massive train nerd. He had an enormous model train layout in his house that went indoors and outdoors.

loving lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYmcN12M97o

emfive has issued a correction as of 23:15 on Feb 8, 2021

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i liked cowboy bebop a lot

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Plinkey posted:

yeah its got a beat and you can dance to it

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???

ArmZ posted:

johnny knoxville is our generation's buster keaton

Nah it's Jackie Chan

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

paranoid randroid posted:

pretty hosed up how they used to execute people with magnetic collars that attracted flying saw blades
Literally more humane than any method Amerikkka employs.

Omfg I'm dying.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

emfive posted:

If I had had an MFA I could have "well actually" the gently caress out of those kids

Someone (that I hired no less) told me they wouldn't hand out distro or something like that because THEY HAD AN MFA.

I laughed really hard and never brought them on another job again.

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

Huxley posted:

If you're interested in a Samurai Western with murder robots, I have exactly one and two thirds seasons of a TV show for you to get excited about.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Tubgoat posted:

Literally more humane than any method Amerikkka employs.

enjoy your 30 day + ban for calling america racist without proof

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the people replying earnestly to the post “they should make a samurai western” tho

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

emfive posted:

Music child was at school (until he wasn't lol) and was at a party, and he started talking to some dude and the guy said, "Hey, I know you. You go to Raisin' Caines right?"

Music child said "yea, a lot"

The dude said "yea I work there man, and you get the same loving thing, every loving time"

im so cool i had a lady behind the counter call me Crispy Chicken Wrap! after recognizing me from a completely different fast food joint I frequented 5 years prior

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
https://twitter.com/dril/status/1358899392330170369?s=21

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
https://twitter.com/rad_milk/status/1358865096798162947?s=21

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

now we are all sons of bitches

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

Zisky
May 6, 2003

emfive posted:

he was something else, for sure, and he legit was a massive train nerd. He had an enormous model train layout in his house that went indoors and outdoors.

loving lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYmcN12M97o

70 years old and jumping off a bridge. Thanks for this!

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
everyone is, I hope, boycotting taco bell til the return of potatoes in march, to prove a point

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

Smythe posted:

i liked cowboy bebop a lot

I have unreasonably high hopes for the Netflix series. I know that I'll likely be let down, but sometimes just having a little bit of hope in life feels good.

Stupid Boxes
Feb 9, 2004

good grief!
Appare-Ranman! for your wacky races themed Samurai- Cowboy anime

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Big McHuge posted:

I have unreasonably high hopes for the Netflix series. I know that I'll likely be let down, but sometimes just having a little bit of hope in life feels good.

ya.

i also liked the netflix lupin show a lot and then it made me watch some old lupin the third which loving owns

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Alec Eiffel posted:

everyone is, I hope, boycotting taco bell til the return of potatoes in march, to prove a point
Does not ordering Taco Bell because it's lethally-cold outside count?

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
lupin the third is so cool and it also has a girl with mega cartoon bazonkers which is VERY cool

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tubgoat posted:

Does not ordering Taco Bell because it's lethally-cold outside count?

absolutely. thank you for doing your part

Ball Tazeman
Feb 2, 2010

There's an old timey picture of my old apartment in the hotel bar I used to frequent. The building was built in 1880. Anyway, it was the best (and cheapest) apartment I ever lived in and it was cool that it was a historical landmark. Like, it was probably some cool old pharmacy or mining offices or some poo poo, now it's next to a Little Caesar's and I smoked hella weed and did adderall and cried in the bathtub with all my clothes on.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
done with work, i had to watch some two hour training on Design Thinking sprints and have no loving clue what they were talking about other than I guess you get to do arts and crafts for a week and then build a lovely prototype and pat each other on the back when you get nothing accomplished in a week

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Ball Tazeman posted:

There's an old timey picture of my old apartment in the hotel bar I used to frequent. The building was built in 1880. Anyway, it was the best (and cheapest) apartment I ever lived in and it was cool that it was a historical landmark. Like, it was probably some cool old pharmacy or mining offices or some poo poo, now it's next to a Little Caesar's and I smoked hella weed and did adderall and cried in the bathtub with all my clothes on.

thats cool. imagine to think that cowboys and stuff used to go in there and drink whiskey and smoke cigarettes and have six shooters. amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Smythe posted:

lupin the third is so cool and it also has a girl with mega cartoon bazonkers which is VERY cool

very important history that inspector gadget was supposed to be lupin VIII