Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1358875909898526725?s=21

Yer goddamn right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
TRANSACTION RUMOURS

https://clutchpoints.com/nba-trade-rumors-raptors-interested-in-cavs-center-andre-drummond/
Andre Drummond is the biggest name. Drummond will be an unrestricted free agent this offseason and had an extremely limited trade market one year ago when the Pistons dealt him to Cleveland. The Raptors are among the teams interested in Drummond now, league sources say.

MourningView posted:

You seem to feel compelled to defend all assholes for some reason but it's less that he did the sage thing and more that when Kyrie said "hey making fun of the sage is lovely" and explained why he does it, rather than being like "hey my bad didn't mean to mock your heritage" like a normal decent human would he threw a fit and demanded a fist fight.

I believe in forgiveness and understanding, even of assholes. It's my vice

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Dejan Bimble posted:

TRANSACTION RUMOURS

https://clutchpoints.com/nba-trade-rumors-raptors-interested-in-cavs-center-andre-drummond/
Andre Drummond is the biggest name. Drummond will be an unrestricted free agent this offseason and had an extremely limited trade market one year ago when the Pistons dealt him to Cleveland. The Raptors are among the teams interested in Drummond now, league sources say.

I mean the Raptors need a centre and the Cavs want to trade Drummond, so I guess it makes sense on that level. But is there any way that there’s a workable trade? And how much does Drummond end up moving the needle for Toronto, given that one of the biggest issues with Baynes is the spacing with him and Siakam together?

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
There's no way that broke-rear end Fertita can afford to tank. Oladipo might get moved but idk who would give up anything of value for him right now. I think it's more likely Houston refie-signs him.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Man, all the guys that I used to hate when they actually played seem to be the coolest guys after they retire. Namely KG and Wade. They just seem so level headed and damned decent off the court.

Although, AI was always cool, so it's a relief everyone still likes him.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Hand Knit posted:

I mean the Raptors need a centre and the Cavs want to trade Drummond, so I guess it makes sense on that level. But is there any way that there’s a workable trade? And how much does Drummond end up moving the needle for Toronto, given that one of the biggest issues with Baynes is the spacing with him and Siakam together?

Well it gives them one man offensive rebounding and a lob threat off the pnr in a way they don't get from Baynes. Your legendary vertical spacing.

Aron Baynes, if he's not making threes, doesn't have the ability to do much on offense other than set screens and pass the ball. Drummond is a pretty good passer now, if he agreed to lay off the post ups I think he'd be a pretty good help, since Toronto has a strong enough D to just have him drop back and be big at the rim.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Veryslightlymad posted:

Man, all the guys that I used to hate when they actually played seem to be the coolest guys after they retire. Namely KG and Wade. They just seem so level headed and damned decent off the court.

KG isn't exactly level headed off the court, he just has reasonable opinions. He's definitely has had some weird moments.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Veryslightlymad posted:

Can't wait to hear Karl Malone's covid takes

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Drummond has been rumored to the Raptors for the better part of a decade. I'm pretty sure the Colangelo regime really wanted to draft him when they got Terrence Ross instead. I'd welcome his arrival assuming they don't have to give up anything meaningful. I haven't watched him much this year but he seems like a huge upgrade over Baynes just in terms of having someone on offense who can be proactive. Also they could do a really cool twin towers play where Boucher hides behind his shoulders and pops out of nowhere to shoot a 3.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I haven't looked at the standings in forever, and talk made it seem like the Warriors were in last place. They're 12-11?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Poque posted:

Can't wait to hear Karl Malone's covid takes

Are we back to making the covid-13 jokes?

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Drummond isn't coming to Toronto Tampa, he makes too much to have a trade work unless Lowry is headed out.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Lockback posted:

KG isn't exactly level headed off the court, he just has reasonable opinions. He's definitely has had some weird moments.

He tried to use his head as a level during a Making the Band episode, close enough

Tae posted:

I haven't looked at the standings in forever, and talk made it seem like the Warriors were in last place. They're 12-11?

All of the jokes about posters picking GSW to make the playoffs died off about 15 games ago

The Maestro fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Feb 9, 2021

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Lockback posted:

Perhaps the wrong word. Mnnn. "Grateful" isn't quite right, either. There's a degree of respect for other players and the game itself that a lot of retired players just seem to lose. Especially contrasting to the way he, to put it frankly, bullied other players, including sometimes his teammates, when he was active. He seems to still be a fan, too. Iunno. I certainly like the dude more now than I did then. Not like he'd care, but then, that not needing the acknowledgement is part of why I do.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Tae posted:

It turns out that Steph is really good and Draymond is important even if he's shooting like 40% and doing triple singles.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/magicjohnson/status/1358964638956670979?s=21

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Warriors are getting by with good defense which I did not honestly expect

They are somehow allowing the third best FG% And 8th best efg%

That decent D has covered for their bad offense

They play at such a ridiculous pace it’s hard for me to get a sense of the box score numbers idk

euphronius fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Feb 9, 2021

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1358961173807382529?s=19

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
gently caress the warriors for ever

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1358988579339345924?s=20

Draymond put up the shot because he thought he was gonna get fouled... but, like, he's still not gonna make all 3 FTs if he gets fouled here, right?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

jackofarcades posted:

Draymond put up the shot because he thought he was gonna get fouled... but, like, he's still not gonna make all 3 FTs if he gets fouled here, right?

holy poo poo

e: I also enjoyed how Draymond set the world's worst pick

Intruder fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Feb 9, 2021

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

jackofarcades posted:

Someone link that clip of Draymond saying people don't know basketball

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Draymond once again owning me for publicly defending him.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Rick posted:

Draymond once again owning me for publicly defending him.
he just had back to back 15 assist games it’s ok

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Bill Land going "What was Draymond Green thinking!?" :laffo:

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Thinking he’s entitled to the foul there is some Draymond rear end stuff. Pass the ball you donkey, there was plenty of time left

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Tae posted:

steph is gonna average 30 a game on like 65 TS while this thread continues to insist that he stinks

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

he sucks

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I’m so hyped for tomorrow to listen to Fox on the Lowe Post and then Sam and Stav debating who sucks off Haliburton more. No Dunks crew has been getting excited about the Kings too. Chris Webber on the Lowe Post last week was a must listen if only for his Jason Williams impression.

This poo poo is like making the playoffs for me. You guys still watch basketball? Get with the times it’s all about podcasts now

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Yeah, just being relevant is a nice feeling

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
LaMelo and Haliburton will be duking it out in the Finals for years

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Dejan Bimble posted:

I believe in forgiveness and understanding, even of assholes. It's my vice

Forgiveness is usually more likely to happen when someone is sorry.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

motherfucking Kings are the 7th seed everyone get in on this bandwagon

these loving Kings are the GME of the league to the loving moon everyone

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Feb 9, 2021

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Chairchucker posted:

Forgiveness is usually more likely to happen when someone is sorry.

good news friend

https://twitter.com/maxisnicee/status/1358143019476611073

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Can someone that watches the Spurs talk about what the team looks like and if the Spurs are a playoff team? I probably overrate them because I may be beginning to slightly overrate Keldon Johnson and I haven't seen them play much outside of highlights.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Hmm, this is, in fact, good news.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Spacebump posted:

Can someone that watches the Spurs talk about what the team looks like and if the Spurs are a playoff team? I probably overrate them because I may be beginning to slightly overrate Keldon Johnson and I haven't seen them play much outside of highlights.

Aldridge currently looks washed, White is struggling coming back from injury and Lonnie/Keldon are still pretty inconsistent. Still, they're doing pretty well record-wise because their bench is crazy good (FIBA Patty FTW!), DeRozan is putting in an All-Star worthy performance thus far and Murray looks like he could become a future 3rd or 2nd option on a contender.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The Spurs have practically weaponized their mediocrity.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Spurs are mostly dogshit when their starters play but they're super deep and kill other benches. They've done a good job finding quality young rotation players but don't have a real star and I'm not sure they're ever going to be bad enough to be in a position to get one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Maestro posted:

LaMelo and Haliburton will be duking it out in the Finals for years

I've been against the Ball family since I heard about them. Lamelo might be one of my favorite players now. Wtf is happening? He plays exactly like I play (in 2k).