Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrew Verse
Mar 30, 2011

Phylodox posted:

That’s the same universe, so it’s moot.

True, but my point is that the temporary removal of the Time Stone doesn't actually do anything because it has always happened.

Something needs to actually change, such as Loki escaping, for a split to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There's a scene in Agents of SHIELD where Fitz attempts to make sense of time travel and parallel realities and just loses his poo poo because none of it makes any sense and just goes in circles and paradoxes.

That spoke to me.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Andrew Verse posted:

Bruce borrowing the Time Stone from the Ancient One and Steve returning it doesn't create another universe because that is how that sequence of events has always happened.

Loki grabbing the Tesseract and escaping though, now that's a split universe.

Andrew Verse posted:

True, but my point is that the temporary removal of the Time Stone doesn't actually do anything because it has always happened.

Something needs to actually change, such as Loki escaping, for a split to happen.

Loki escaped in that same timeline/universe, Hulk went back to the battle of New York with the others. That is not the past of the MCU, that's a different universe.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Feb 9, 2021

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Mobius M. Mobius and the Time Variance Authority are going to take care of that Loki problem this spring.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Spacebump posted:

Loki escaped in that same timeline/universe, Hulk went back to the battle of New York with the others. That is not the past of the MCU, that's a different universe.
Unless, by the end of his own Disney+ series, Loki is convinced/coerced/tricked/forced into returning to that moment so that things can play out as they did the first time around. Then it's a ripple, not a wave, no different from any of the other borrowed stones. The timeline can recover from a few ripples, Agents of SHIELD covered that in season 7. And then proceeded to create so many big-rear end waves by the end of the series that we never got to see if that theory was actually right.

Actually, Agents of SHIELD left me with a question I'm still wondering if we'll get an answer to. By the end of season 7, the surviving agents have definitely landed themselves in a different timeline than the one the series started in. So did that series start in the main MCU universe (Earth-199999) and those characters all left that timeline and landed in a new one by the end? Or did the series start in a parallel timeline and they all ended up in the main MCU by the end? Or was it always alternate timelines? Maybe we could get Coulson back, now that the only explanation he ever needs to give is "No, you're right, original Phil died. I'm a robot copy."

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Feb 9, 2021

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Robot Hobo posted:

Unless, by the end of his own Disney+ series, Loki is convinced/coerced/tricked/forced into returning to that moment so that things can play out as they did the first time around. Then it's a ripple, not a wave, no different from any of the other borrowed stones. The timeline can recover from a few ripples, Agents of SHIELD covered that in season 7. And then proceeded to create so many big-rear end waves by the end of the series that we never got to see if that theory was actually right.

Actually, Agents of SHIELD left me with a question I'm still wondering if we'll get an answer to. By the end of season 7, the surviving agents have definitely landed themselves in a different timeline than the one the series started in. So did that series start in the main MCU universe (Earth-199999) and those characters all left that timeline and landed in a new one by the end? Or did the series start in a parallel timeline and they all ended up in the main MCU by the end? Or was it always alternate timelines? Maybe we could get Coulson back, now that the only explanation he ever needs to give is "No, you're right, original Phil died. I'm a robot copy."

As much as I would love Coulson or Fitzsimmons, they better find a way to bring Deke into the MCU. I am of course assuming Daisy is already going to be brought in.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It was recently rumored that Quake would be in one of the Disney+ minis but Chloe Bennett denied it. Of course everyone denies it so who knows?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Chloe Bennet should be Doctor Aphra in a Star Wars TV show and that's that.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

swickles posted:

As much as I would love Coulson or Fitzsimmons, they better find a way to bring Deke into the MCU. I am of course assuming Daisy is already going to be brought in.
"The Deke Squad" will be the first concert movie in the MCU. It will feature 90 minutes of Deke and his band covering late-80s and 90s pop hits in front of a live audience, set in the mid-80s.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Robot Hobo posted:

"The Deke Squad" will be the first concert movie in the MCU. It will feature 90 minutes of Deke and his band covering late-80s and 90s pop hits in front of a live audience, set in the mid-80s.

I would pay a lot of money to see this.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Was there any suggestion or indication from...like, anything...that Daisy was going to appear in a new show? Or was this people still just going "I bet this is how Agents of SHIELD will finally tie into the MCU!" after all this time?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

BrianWilly posted:

Was there any suggestion or indication from...like, anything...that Daisy was going to appear in a new show? Or was this people still just going "I bet this is how Agents of SHIELD will finally tie into the MCU!" after all this time?

I have absolutely no idea what started it. Just some rumor that caught enough steam for her to respond to. I think for Secret Invasion. That could be speculation that since its a Nick Fury series its a SHIELD series or something? Dunno.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Keep in mind literally everyone denies casting for these things

Remmeber when Tatiana Maslany emphatically denied she was going to be in She-Hulk.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

The other thing to keep in mind is that Chloe Bennett(Wang) is a literal Chinese pop star, so she is an automatic cash grab in Asian markets, so I am sure Disney wants to cram her in as many properties as possible to tap that market.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Everyone denies it and are probably required to by contract.

But also there's like nothing substantial that I've seen so its just rumors swirling around and you'd deny a false rumor too.

So who knows?

But in a world where WandaVision is bringing back some obscure and not obscure characters in some crazy ways and there's all kind of rumors of crazy casting stuff out there the idea of Marvel using their really beloved star character from their own property that just ended seems like one of the saner rumors we've heard.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

swickles posted:

The other thing to keep in mind is that Chloe Bennett(Wang) is a literal Chinese pop star, so she is an automatic cash grab in Asian markets, so I am sure Disney wants to cram her in as many properties as possible to tap that market.

You'd think if they were going to do it, they'd have done it by now. Maybe they were just waiting for the show to end.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Spacebump posted:

You'd think if they were going to do it, they'd have done it by now.

The ABC show just ended and the Disney+ era has just begun. So I hardly see why now would by "they would have done it by now." Now feels about the time they might seriously consider it in a way that's easy and makes sense.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

The ABC show just ended and the Disney+ era has just begun. So I hardly see why now would by "they would have done it by now." Now feels about the time they might seriously consider it in a way that's easy and makes sense.

She'e been a popstar the whole time she was on Shield, even when they had it as part of the MCU. I thought for sure because of that they'd pop up in Winter Soldier or something at the time. Then they slowly cared less and less about the show until it wasn't really MCU anymore. I'd say no way she makes it in after they basically disavowed all shows pre-WandaVision, however last week's cameo makes me think anything could happen.

I hope it happens just to get fans of the Agents of Shield pumped.

If they ever re-canonize the show, Coulson never revealing himself to the Avengers after they formed due to his death is messed up.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Feb 9, 2021

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Robot Hobo posted:

To the best of my understanding, they begin and end in the same timeline, which is the main MCU. They spend some time during Season 7 in a different timeline, which they leave in the capable hands of Deke when they go back to their original timeline to close the loop. They also bring the villains from that timeline back with them (though we know this is what always happened, we just didn't know the true origin of those Chronicom ships that appeared in the Season 6 finale until the very end).

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Agents of SHIELD was just too distant from the MCU by virtue of being on ABC and on a tv schedule. Whether or not they wanted to use Chloe Bennet or anyone else it was obviously more complicated than it is to bring in a film actor for another film. But now that they've consolidated all their programming to Disney+ and they're featuring major event stories AND random side characters all in clear MCU continuity it changes the landscape. I'm not saying Chloe Bennet will or won't show up but this is a much easier situation for her or Daredevil or whoever to be used because Marvel has more control.

She's young, gorgeous, valuable to foreign markets, has a pop career, and is beloved by fans of the show. I'd have to think someone's at least tossed the idea around of finding a place for her. And with Ms. Marvel and Secret Invasion coming up they both seem like possible places she could fit. So we'll have to wait and see.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Chloe was a pop singer from like 2011-2011 then she moved to Hollywood to pursue acting

She's not really an active pop star

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My bad, I was going by what the other poster said.

I still think the other stuff holds true. She's young, already has a character and fanbase, is very marketable. So in a world where we're hearing rumors about Daredevil and crossovers from other universes on the regular and WandaVision played the card it did, it seems at least plausible that her name has come up at Marvel Studios.

But who the hell knows?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Yeah they'll deny it if it's true but the Quake rumors were started by a very unreliable rumormongery site whose name I forget at the moment. But it was the kind of site that will post fanart with some headline like "check out how the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles could look in the MCU".

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Everyone knows the tmnt crossover is going to be on Riverdale

Azhais fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Feb 9, 2021

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

Argue posted:

Yeah they'll deny it if it's true but the Quake rumors were started by a very unreliable rumormongery site whose name I forget at the moment. But it was the kind of site that will post fanart with some headline like "check out how the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles could look in the MCU".

I assume Daredevil is involved

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

H.R. Hufflepuff posted:

I assume Daredevil is involved

He was.

The turtles are the true multiverse here, they've interacted with just about every major comic universe out there along with the xfiles and alf and sonic the hedgehog and yojimbo

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Given the bad blood/politics between Marvel Entertainment and Marvel Studios, I'll absolutely flip my poo poo if anything related to AoS ever made it into the MCU. I'd sooner expect a DC crossover series than I would AoS characters ever coming up.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Given the bad blood/politics between Marvel Entertainment and Marvel Studios, I'll absolutely flip my poo poo if anything related to AoS ever made it into the MCU. I'd sooner expect a DC crossover series than I would AoS characters ever coming up.

TV Jarvis made it into Endgame. If they ever reveal what exactly Cap did when he went back in time to Peggy, I hope they don't destroy Agent Carter's continuity.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Feb 9, 2021

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Azhais posted:

Everyone knows the tmnt crossover is going to be on Riverdale

That's cool but I see it and I raise you this, the one thing that could possibly get me interested in a Riverdale crossover:

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Spacebump posted:

TV Jarvis made it into Endgame. If they ever reveal what exactly Cap did when he went back in time to Peggy, I hope they don't destroy Agent Carter's continuity.

Agent Carter doesn't have the same political baggage AoS does

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Nah, Feige isn't memory holing that. It's pretty likely Charlie Cox will return as Daredevil. I think he liked all the actors from the show, so if he wants to bring them back he will.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Codependent Poster posted:

Nah, Feige isn't memory holing that. It's pretty likely Charlie Cox will return as Daredevil. I think he liked all the actors from the show, so if he wants to bring them back he will.

All I can say is that AoS isn't like any of the other Marvel TV series, Netflix, Agent Carter, whatever. AoS resulted in a lot of bad blood.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah I’d say all of the Netflix stuff bar Iron Fist will likely be folded in. Hell Iron Fist was great bar Finn Jones, who I just never bought as Danny Rand.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Djarum posted:

Yeah I’d say all of the Netflix stuff bar Iron Fist will likely be folded in. Hell Iron Fist was great bar Finn Jones, who I just never bought as Danny Rand.

Iron Fist became much more entertaining when I just accepted he was an idiot. It would be hilarious if he was on the Avengers just to make dumb decisions.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Spacebump posted:

Iron Fist became much more entertaining when I just accepted he was an idiot. It would be hilarious if he was on the Avengers just to make dumb decisions.

It just pissed me off a lot since Iron First is my favorite Marvel characters. After how amazingly they handled Daredevil I was expecting great things out of Iron Fist which... just didn’t happen. Like the pilot was done fairly well but last that it just started to fall apart and quickly. Making Danny so loving stupid pissed me off to no end too.

Also we never got one of the best looks in comics really at all. I hope the Moon Knight series is good. I like Oscar Isaac a lot but I don’t know if I see him as Marc Spector. It he was 20-30 years old still I’d say Crispin Glover could have made a compelling Moon Night. Joseph Gordon-Levitt or Joaquin Phoenix could be interesting as well. I am quite surprised they haven’t got Joseph Gordon-Levitt in the MCU yet in general.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Djarum posted:

Also we never got one of the best looks in comics really at all. I hope the Moon Knight series is good.

Personally I'm excited for Disney+ to start telling stories that begin on the small screen, rather than tie into the big. So I'm keen for Moon Knight and She-Hulk, because it feels like they'll be series, rather than expansion packs.

That's irrational, because there's so little out, I know. But I'm just describing my feelings, not spitting facts.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Danny Rand certainly was stupid, but it seemed like the writers didn't expect the audience to think he was stupid.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

My favorite episode of Iron Fist was the one where the guy who spent 3/4s of his life living in a monastery needed to be taught how to calm himself through meditation by a middle-aged nurse from New York.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Open Source Idiom posted:

Personally I'm excited for Disney+ to start telling stories that begin on the small screen, rather than tie into the big. So I'm keen for Moon Knight and She-Hulk, because it feels like they'll be series, rather than expansion packs.

That's irrational, because there's so little out, I know. But I'm just describing my feelings, not spitting facts.

Well the Disney+ format seems to be more akin to making a 4-6 hour movies cut into parts instead of a single 90-120 minute film. Which for a lot of characters that sort of format works a lot better either due to the depth of their backstory and whatnot or that they just work better by their nature. There is a stark difference between Wandavision and the Netflix stuff, even more so than the stuff done on other platforms.

I am sure that won’t be the case for everything since for example She-Hulk is just screaming to be a comedy Law and Order. But a lot doesn’t need to be tied into a bow in 30-60 minutes. It is better to not try to force it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Kevin Feige was an executive producer on Agent Carter, the only show that gives him such a credit, so it was already his baby to some extent. I believe it was also where they introduced the Red Room, which Nat offhandedly mentioned in AoU, so it isn't the first time Agent Carter brought in something, as small as it may be. I'll be real happy if they acknowledge any of the other shows, especially AoS, but none of them are as closely tied with Feige.