Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Squizzle posted:

yinlock do you engage in any political or organizing activity that isnt post-based, or do you just post relentlessly about how the mods are stopping you from posting the posts that will usher in an age of utopian communism
posting is a revolutionary act and will usher in the vanguard of the revolution

im sorry you cannot see this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

like probably the most serious succ zone probe of the last several months was twoday giving me twentyfour hours because he didnt understand my tails get trolled reference

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Some Guy TT posted:

like probably the most serious succ zone probe of the last several months was twoday giving me twentyfour hours because he didnt understand my tails get trolled reference

lol

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Squizzle posted:

yinlock do you engage in any political or organizing activity that isnt post-based, or do you just post relentlessly about how the mods are stopping you from posting the posts that will usher in an age of utopian communism

When did I ever say my posts were going to usher in communism or whatever the gently caress you're saying here, what even is this?

Flavius Aetass posted:

ok

step 1: we get a shitload of complaints about (and from within!) one particular thread all the time
step 2: we go in to talk to you about it
step 3: you yell about nazi mods
step 4: we probate people who are making wildly hosed up posts
step 5: you yell about nazi mods
step 6: repeat this for months
step 7: gas the thread because the frequency at which this happens has come to everyone's attention

i don't know which part you think is ridiculous here

ok let me translate that

step 1: mods from other forums whine at you and their bootlickers report-flood you, which you take more seriously than your own users
step 2: you go in to yell at us about it after the problem has already died down, thus sparking it again
step 3: you get laughed at for being dipshits
step 4: you probate some hosed up posts but explicitly refuse to probe any liberals trolling the poo poo out of the thread
step 5: you get yelled at for being dipshits
step 7: it gets revealed that the mods from other forums are being shittier than even you imagined, you choose to double-down to protect them rather than the users of the forum you moderate because being a member of the cool cops club is more important to you than actually supporting a community
step 8: close the zone with the most obvious lie ever, get called out on the lie, get mad about this
step 9: silently chain-gas any new threads for no reason

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

the mods

have to stop

suppressing discussion

about how the democrats

are monstrous

or i will talk to their managers

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Squizzle posted:

the mods

have to stop

suppressing discussion

about how the democrats

are monstrous

:qq:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

so one more thread shouldn't be a problem then? ok good talk

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also I only tried the Rules thing because I figured it was all you actually cared about, but I forgot that cops only care about rules when it's convenient for them

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

youre allowed to talk about how democrats suck

no not that way

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
just don't post in d&d for three years in a disadvantage gay internet forum and your thread will return as a nonrefundable tax credit

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

thinking the succ zone is just about hating democrats is very much misunderstanding what the succ zone is about succ is a cultural movement of terrible people so heavily addicted to their own farts they not only dont have principles they dont even understand what principles are

biden was a creation of the succ with the succ itself existing long before he declared his candidacy its a concept that goes far beyond the democratic party as we properly understand it having also permeated much of the media and countless sad twitter randos and celebrities

saying the succ is the same basic thing as biden and the democratic party is like saying populism is the same basic thing as trump and the republican party youre distorting the definitions so badly that misunderstanding the actual root causes is virtually inevitable

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Flavius Aetass posted:

step 2: we go in to talk to you about it

lol these steps happened like maybe 4 times tops, otherwise it was a ghosttown other than rah! and another few iks visiting once in a while

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

if Taintrunner would post in more threads then more threads would be succ zone

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

is s*cc now a slur in cspam

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

comedyblissoption posted:

is s*cc now a slur in cspam

its hate speech against our underwriters, the democrat party. we cant risk losing their generous sponsorship

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

anyways it's definitely cool that all the predictions that moderation in cspam would get way more draconian with team blue Biden as president has come to pass

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Squizzle posted:

the mods

have to stop

suppressing discussion

about how the democrats

are monstrous

the mods took two threads and split them into 10 for some reason. really smart decision

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

we are building back

better!!!

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

anyways it's definitely cool that all the predictions that moderation in cspam would get way more draconian with team blue Biden as president has come to pass

all of us hate Biden, come on mack

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

mila kunis posted:

the mods took two threads and split them into 10 for some reason. really smart decision

our democrat patrons explained that splitting things into separate holding threads would be beneficial legally and for their stock investments in cspam llc

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Idk I kinda feel like this is how I'd handle it?

Flavius Aetass posted:

ok

step 1: we get a shitload of complaints about (and from within!) one particular thread all the time
step 2: we go in to talk to you about it they get told to shut the gently caress up because no one is forcing them to read cspam, or the succ zone, and if succ zone posters want to go and threadshit in D&D there are plenty of IKs and mods there to hand out probations for violating Robert's Rules of Order in d&d
step 3: you yell about nazi mods users who continue to abuse the report button get the probations
step 5: you yell about nazi mods
step 7: gas the thread because the frequency at which this happens has come to everyone's attention

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Who took down my dumping on dems from the dumper thread?! Where else I am to post about lovely dems from the shitter?!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Squizzle posted:

our democrat patrons explained that splitting things into separate holding threads would be beneficial legally and for their stock investments in cspam llc

If you're just gonna try and laugh this one off at least throw a pie or do a pratfall instead of this self-pity 'cspam is being mean to me' shtick. The other mods beat you too it already. Get a new act!

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Lib and let die posted:

Idk I kinda feel like this is how I'd handle it?

have you seen what the admins have said about it? not really an option

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Flavius Aetass posted:

all of us hate Biden, come on mack

this is why i dont want to post in the biden thread hating biden is the easy way out and far less intellectually challenging than having to contend with the horrifying reality that nearly all leftist energy in the country has been captured and contained into meaningless hashtag movements

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

If you're just gonna try and laugh this one off at least throw a pie or do a pratfall instead of this self-pity 'cspam is being mean to me' shtick. The other mods beat you too it already. Get a new act!

if i were capable of creative thinking, would i be a mod?? :smuggo:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

The admins are already cool with other forums where you can tell people to kill themselves or make fun of specific goons, so maybe they should stop crying cause they're the ones being made fun of.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Yeah I guess it's that appearance of a double standard that gets me.

'fyad can do helldumping/kys/mock threads because it's not against the rules of fyad. Case closed.'

If that's all it takes, take the rule about not talking about d&d out of the cspam rules. Then my plan works flawlessly.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

there should be a thread dedicated to the american neoliberal nightmare gestalt and it should not be narrowly focused by the thread title on malarkey, biden, or democrats

idc so much if the thread title has succ in it but it should be similarly expansive w/ the same posting energy

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Squizzle posted:

the mods

have to stop

suppressing discussion

about how the democrats

are monstrous

I'm sorry I still can't get over how pathetic this is. You went and made nice little edited screenshots to try and own people wanting their one thread back saying there's already too many of them when the complaint is that it sucks that one thread got split into 40 differnet ones.

If the issue is there's too many similar threads you're the idiots who made them!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Hi,

I cannot have a thread that is doing live commentary on dnd posts and posters. That is not exclusive to c-spam - the yospos games thread doesn't talk about the worst posters in the games forum, soccer forum doesn't live commentate on the football forum, etc. That's the core of it - that poo poo sucks and breeds resentment all over the place. This is a long-standing rule, brought about when helldump was banished to where it belonged. Please just don't do this. If you read D&D, accept that you're going to read posts by people you are going to disagree with vehemently, and use whatever equanimity you have to resist the urge to go write commentary on those posts in some other thread.

I also can't have a thread where the response to enforcing that rule is screaming at the mods and calling them nazis or cops or bootlickers. That just can't be the arrangement here - you're screaming at the bank tellers over fdic rules. It's lovely to treat mods that way the same way it is lovely to treat other posters that way. There are places you can post about moderation, I write lots of PMs each day, but the politics forum isn't it. I'm not asking the unpaid volunteer moderators to endure unbounded abuse because you disagree with something. This is something awful, you are overtly allowed to express yourself forcefully here, but any action taken towards enforcing the aforementioned rule in succ zone has been met with a response that is way, way over the line.

It is cool to laugh at liberals and democrats in c-spam. It is not cool to give live commentary on posters on other parts of this website in c-spam. Please respect that distinction - I do not think it is asking a lot.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Hi,

I cannot have a thread that is doing live commentary on dnd posts and posters. That is not exclusive to c-spam - the yospos games thread doesn't talk about the worst posters in the games forum, soccer forum doesn't live commentate on the football forum, etc. That's the core of it - that poo poo sucks and breeds resentment all over the place. This is a long-standing rule, brought about when helldump was banished to where it belonged. Please just don't do this. If you read D&D, accept that you're going to read posts by people you are going to disagree with vehemently, and use whatever equanimity you have to resist the urge to go write commentary on those posts in some other thread.

I also can't have a thread where the response to enforcing that rule is screaming at the mods and calling them nazis or cops or bootlickers. That just can't be the arrangement here - you're screaming at the bank tellers over fdic rules. It's lovely to treat mods that way the same way it is lovely to treat other posters that way. There are places you can post about moderation, I write lots of PMs each day, but the politics forum isn't it. I'm not asking the unpaid volunteer moderators to endure unbounded abuse because you disagree with something. This is something awful, you are overtly allowed to express yourself forcefully here, but any action taken towards enforcing the aforementioned rule in succ zone has been met with a response that is way, way over the line.

It is cool to laugh at liberals and democrats in c-spam. It is not cool to give live commentary on posters on other parts of this website in c-spam. Please respect that distinction - I do not think it is asking a lot.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The admins are already cool with other forums where you can tell people to kill themselves or make fun of specific goons, so maybe they should stop crying cause they're the ones being made fun of.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

if thats how you feel just probe the people who are talking about d and d

the vast majority of succ zone content wasnt about that and anyone whos telling you thats all we did is a liar

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Some Guy TT posted:

the vast majority of succ zone content wasnt about that and anyone whos telling you thats all we did is a liar

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Some Guy TT posted:

we did that many times. and warned everyone many times. this is not a new problem.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

remake the succ zone in fyad. then it's not against the rules to post about d&d.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

there should be a thread dedicated to the american neoliberal nightmare gestalt and it should not be narrowly focused by the thread title on malarkey, biden, or democrats

idc so much if the thread title has succ in it but it should be similarly expansive w/ the same posting energy

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Reality Protester posted:

remake the succ zone in fyad. then it's not against the rules to post about d&d.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Crusty Nutsack posted:

we did that many times. and warned everyone many times. this is not a new problem.

really because i was a regular poster in the succ zone and i can barely remember anyone getting probed at all and bear in mind that since im night crew id see probes that were only approved long after the fact

even in the context of moderation discussion we had far longer chats about threadbanning quetzadilla and mcmagic or banning jimmy dore conversations than i can remember anyone ever seriously getting mad about d and d

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

lol at all the absolute worst posters in cspam flocking together to beg & plead for the succ zone