Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

But can we get the chicken wings into the crust somehow, and maybe use the pizza itself for a burger bun? These are the hard questions america is willing to tackle. :thunk:

Seems more like a question for Japanese Pizza Hut to answer.

Behold the "Authentic American Hotdog Hamburger Pizza:

Oh God it's so beautiful :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
it is more authentic than the actually authentic thing. hyperreality, like baudrillards disneyland

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Tip posted:

Boy they got our number!!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
The US flag should be an extremely alarming EKG reading.

Tip posted:

Isn't this a thing you can get in the homeland Pizza Hut?

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Tip posted:

Hell just put that on the US flag, I’d salute the poo poo out of it.

It reminds me of an really old gag from The Onion.

https://youtu.be/31JNEVHZxO8

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Tip posted:

Must have been a decade since I saw this but that image instantly triggered this memory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MFNNqoxAe4

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH8Vpei_UpQ

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Looks like a good wedding.

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

okay what fashion brand is this advertising

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

sliami posted:

okay what fashion brand is this advertising

This is what Tim & Eric aspires to and subverts in equal measure, so let’s go with an appropriately chewy brand name: Gunch. Yeah, that sounds right.

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

it's fashion photographer david lachappelle's series recollections in america, and those men are in designer clothes (google recognized the brown crisscrossy shirt as hugo boss)

sliami fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Feb 8, 2021

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

those clothes are way too nice + tailored and them jawbones way too square... bamboozled once more

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

quote:

Statement
In Recollections in America, photographer David LaChapelle utilizes a unique production process in which he builds „neo-collages“ from acquired photographs taken during intimate family gatherings in America during the 1970-1980’s.
Press Release
Preventing the viewer from discerning the original snapshots from the re-imaged, the nuanced manipulations (flags, firearms, slogans and other signs of American power) act to heighten the symbolism, and inherent contradiction oft he American „Dream“ already present in the source period photoghraphs.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
it turns out the american dream was preceded by taking too many ambien

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

One hasn't been posted yet:

Just kidding, this one's real

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
The one with the white hair looks like the Karen matriarch.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

The one with the white hair looks like the Karen matriarch.

The endstage, long after hope is lost. The Great Wyrm Karen.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Palpek posted:

One hasn't been posted yet:

Just kidding, this one's real

I don't really know anything about guns but if I had to guess I'd say that osteoporosis and the recoil of a shotgun are a bad combination.

Anyway, 70s old people and their families getting absolutely loving destroyed is the best poo poo in this thread so far.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I'd love to find some other abundant sources of amateur photography. Google Maps Reviews are a deep well, but there's whole areas of content (hunting/fishing stuff, house parties, etc) that would own.

:thunk: maybe going by hashtags on twitter and facebook?

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Aardvark! posted:

I'd love to find some other abundant sources of amateur photography. Google Maps Reviews are a deep well, but there's whole areas of content (hunting/fishing stuff, house parties, etc) that would own.

:thunk: maybe going by hashtags on twitter and facebook?

There was a guy on flickr that was buying up all kinds of americana style pictures from estate sales and posting them, I'll see if I can find it again, it's been like 8 years since I last logged onto flickr. The dude had like 1000's of photos from the 50's to the 80's

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
so this is in Ontario but it counts. Its a frat house for sale near UW. you gotta see the pictures.

https://www.narcity.com/en-ca/real-estate/waterloo-house-for-sale-is-the-most-classic-frat-bro-house-youve-ever-seen-photos

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I don't have a picture, so I'm sorry.

But my big recollection from my few weeks in "middle America", (The suburbs of Indianappolis and outer Dallas) ages and ages ago, are that it is a flat barren wasteland populated by giant concrete and steel poles, atop which lie even bigger fast food logos. Seriously, those enormous poles with their massive frightening McDonalds and Arby's logos stick out in my mind as the landmarks of an entire region.

Also, in Indianappolis, (Greenfield or Greenwood? It was an outer suburb) I was tired of sitting around my ex-girlfriends house listening to her argue with her mum on my holiday. So I decided to go on a walk into town. It was about a 20 minute walk, but they were all against it because it was too far a walk. How could I manage such a distance without a car etc. Anyway I went on this walk, and they were kinda right, because very few of the streets had footpaths, and I didn't pass a single bus stop.

If it is like that in the suburbs of a decent sized city, how do you get around small town USA if you are too young/too poor to own a car?

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

BrigadierSensible posted:

If it is like that in the suburbs of a decent sized city, how do you get around small town USA if you are too young/too poor to own a car?

Steal a car

PurdWerfect
Aug 29, 2000

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Bonzo posted:

so this is in Ontario but it counts. Its a frat house for sale near UW. you gotta see the pictures.

https://www.narcity.com/en-ca/real-estate/waterloo-house-for-sale-is-the-most-classic-frat-bro-house-youve-ever-seen-photos

It includes SMOKEDETECTORS, what a deal!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Cyberhorse

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

CPL593H posted:

I don't really know anything about guns but if I had to guess I'd say that osteoporosis and the recoil of a shotgun are a bad combination.

Anyway, 70s old people and their families getting absolutely loving destroyed is the best poo poo in this thread so far.

Shotgun recoil depends a lot on the load. Birdshot or clay loads don’t really kick that hard

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Phthisis posted:

Howabout eating at a giant hotdog in the middle of nowhere in Colorado

This place is still open, though there are other building around it now. I've never stopped and tried it, but I've driven past it tons of times.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

manero posted:

Let us not forget the Mitchell Corn Palace

I've been there. In 2008 I drove through Mitchell on my way to Deadwood to work during Sturgis rally. It's actually a really neat exhibit, and the design and theme is different every year. American folk art can be big and small.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

what a fantastic photo

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe

is no one going to explain what a botato is

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Googled it; I don’t know that it lives up to the name’s promise:

Bodacious BBQ posted:

THE BOTATO
$9.69

Large Baked Potato w/ butter, sour cream & piled high with Chopped Brisket & Cheese

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Would that not be a Britato?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Buttchocks posted:

Would that not be a Britato?

*diner suddenly becomes absolutely, pin-drop silent*

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BOTATO :DDDDDDDD

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

piled high you say

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Odd posted:

is no one going to explain what a botato is
Botato to you too good sir.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
My prefered bbq place in Galveston has awesome Botatoes but they just call them baked potatoes, and cover them with whatever bbq you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I can't stand dried rear end potato skin anymore. It's so sad. I love eating the skin after I learned from Alton Brown how to do it. Rub olive oil on the whole outside and sprinkle kosher salt around it. :discourse: