Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the coolest, raddest demon lady in all the land?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 62 17.22%
Bowsette 40 11.11%
Bowsette 44 12.22%
Bowsette 39 10.83%
Bowsette 47 13.06%
128 35.56%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Rinkles posted:

Ugh, the controls in MM Legends will take some getting used to. Early days of 3D games, I guess.

But visually it's aged quite gracefully

Disable that texture filtering and then yeah, we can discuss how MML's aesthetic is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Chev posted:

Disable that texture filtering and then yeah, we can discuss how MML's aesthetic is awesome.

it's not a single filtering method. i was testing different kinds.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Point filtering is the only one MML needs!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CD Projekt Red got hacked, and everything got stolen.
https://twitter.com/CDPROJEKTRED/status/1359048125403590660

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ah I see a CDPR exec just said 'at least our year can't get any worse'

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Kinda curious what "games journalist" would accept stolen and randomed corporate information but we live in a world of headlines so probably more than I'd suspect.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

No what you do is wait until another website 'reports it' and then you report on that.
Thus sidestepping the situation where you would get turbo-sued for hosting stolen data.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Infinitum posted:

I love that hackers still talk like that. The brainworms are intense.

Infinitum posted:

No what you do is wait until another website 'reports it' and then you report on that.
Thus sidestepping the situation where you would get turbo-sued for hosting stolen data.

Yeah everything in the Capcom leaks was widely reported almost instantly. Once it's out there it's fair game. I guess if an outlet is really concerned about their cosy relationship with a publisher they'll stay quiet.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I just had some really hosed up lucid dreams so obviously now is the best time for me to take this acid and play SOMA

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

stev posted:

I love that hackers still talk like that. The brainworms are intense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bmz67ErIRa4

It'll be interesting it the Cyberpunk stuff gets out there, and there's a player fix within a week.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hope to find more deets about their labour crimes

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Why the gently caress would a company publish a ransom note they’ve received

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Maybe it's some kind of cyberpunk ARG

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Why the gently caress would a company publish a ransom note they’ve received

To try get out in front of it and attempt to control the incoming PR disaster

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

stev posted:

I love that hackers still talk like that.
It seems especially appropriate for Cyberpunk 2077.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm still not convinced CDPR didn't write that note. It fits their writing style. Also oooh, the source code for already released games. I guess that'll make pirating your already DRM free games easier?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jay Rust posted:

What’s correct?

code:
Prompt
>OK<   Cancel
code:
Prompt
OK   >Cancel<
code:
Prompt
Cancel   >OK<
code:
Prompt
>Cancel<   OK

Whether ok or cancel should be selected by default really depends on what the prompt is

something harmless or easily reversed can default to ok. something like "delete save?" should default to cancel

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Jay Rust posted:

Once the pandemic is over, I need every games-adjacent individual to gather in a single conference room and decide, with finality, what’s the confirm button, the right face button or the bottom face button

It's been the A button on the Nintendo layout since 1983. :)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

sharrrk posted:

microsoft ruined everything when they flipped nintendo's abxy button placement for their controller

This problem can easily be avoided by never playing any xbox or nintendo games

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

If you confirm using the right face button are you even a real gamer? :thunkher:

yes. you might even say that makes you an og (original gamer)

Rinkles posted:

Ugh, the controls in MM Legends will take some getting used to. Early days of 3D games, I guess.

But visually it's aged quite gracefully

yeah they're very clunky but it did come out before ocarina of time, and the game is still a delight

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm still not convinced CDPR didn't write that note. It fits their writing style. Also oooh, the source code for already released games. I guess that'll make pirating your already DRM free games easier?

The source code might not matter too much but I expect there's some poo poo buried in the legal docs

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

This sort of thing should happen to more companies to be honest.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Rinkles posted:

it's not a single filtering method. i was testing different kinds.

turn them all off

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Stux posted:

turn them all off

turn all the textures off

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

you have been EPICALLY pwned

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

The 7th Guest posted:

you have been EPICALLY pwned

Surprised this isn't the title of the 2077 thread already

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Stux posted:

turn them all off

some games it can help, MML might not need it (or it might even make it worse)

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Feb 9, 2021

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the vita/pstv's emulation of mml's visuals isn't great, lots of visible seams and things that don't seem to be rotating with the camera properly

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Looper posted:

the vita/pstv's emulation of mml's visuals isn't great, lots of visible seams and things that don't seem to be rotating with the camera properly

do you know if it officially supports it? (is whitelisted)

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Just started Bravely Second and people were not exaggerating about the tonal shift. One of the characters introduces herself as a Ba'al Buster (the bad guys are called Ba'al I guess) and there are weird, mostly unfunny jokes constantly.
The first game had some creepy anime stuff, but this is a bit much.

The new classes seem interesting though, but my biggest complaint so far is that they removed the encounter rate adjustment in the options.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

had to google whether that was the sequel or the not-sequel followup

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Whizzing Wizard posted:

The new classes seem interesting though, but my biggest complaint so far is that they removed the encounter rate adjustment in the options.

it comes back iirc

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Rinkles posted:

do you know if it officially supports it? (is whitelisted)

i haven't gotten around to doing any homebrew on either so i sure hope so!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Persona 5 Strikers is on PC and Switch (and PS4), despite the original and Royal being PlayStation only :psyduck:

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Rinkles posted:

Persona 5 Strikers is on PC and Switch (and PS4), despite the original and Royal being PlayStation only :psyduck:

I'm honestly half expecting them to announce an upgraded PS5 version, and making a PC port based on that.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm still not convinced CDPR didn't write that note. It fits their writing style.
I've seen people share their ransomware notices before and yeah, this doesn't come across as very authentic. Then again, it might be wrong to think of this as something done by professional criminals. If this was done by disgruntled Cyberpunk fans of the 4chan variety, they probably would write like that, because they're idiots anyway.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Just started Bravely Second and people were not exaggerating about the tonal shift. One of the characters introduces herself as a Ba'al Buster (the bad guys are called Ba'al I guess) and there are weird, mostly unfunny jokes constantly.

The encounter rate is a separate menu now. Start button I think?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

if it's a stunt it's weirdly timed because no one was thinking about CDPR currently, so this would just make people regurgitate their opinions from december. i think the hack is real but maybe they came up with an embellished txt doc for sympathy

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Walla posted:

The encounter rate is a separate menu now. Start button I think?

welp, I played for about 5 minutes and the option became available in an embarrassing cut-scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm half-expecting there to be a huge backlash over Persona 5 Strikers when western fans find out it's more of a lightweight spin-off than a full-fledged sequel to Persona 5. Some elements of the P5 fandom have themselves all hyped up for Persona 5-2 when this is really more like the Persona 4 Arena games in that, yeah, it's a canon story that takes place after the original, but it's also inconsequential and doesn't upset the status quo at all.

Whizzing Wizard posted:

The Ba'al Buster character appears in a post-credits scene in Bravely Default and I think even introduces herself with that term there, too. Maybe that's why it didn't really register to me in Bravely Second.

One thing to look forward to: one of the new jobs in Second allows you to quad-wield. You can use weapons in your right and left hands, and also in place of a helmet and armor.