Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BoastfulVirus
Jun 13, 2013

I’m surprised no ones mentioned the cyberpunk tabletop in this thread. I’ve been planning on running a one off session with friends to get a feel for it. From what I’ve read if you really like combat in tabletops this is the game for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

Salt in the wound eases the soul.

AverySpecialfriend posted:

I played wingspan last night :cheersdoge:

Did you use the egg strategy?

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Mordekai posted:

Did you use the egg strategy?

No and I got obliterated for it. I hit two small goals and a big goal but they aren't worth poo poo

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

playing d&d tonight. we made a Robin Hood party and I'm playing a dwarf priest of the goddess of luck who's basically the friar tuck of the group. it's been fun

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

playing masks from magpie games in a few months ... but aside from that , any tabletop imps play black hack ?

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

my online group is gonna start playing Rangers of Shadow Deep pretty soon and I haven't played it before but it seems cool. It's like a no-DM co-op wargame

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
If you like no DM stuff, ironsworn is the tits

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

playing d&d tonight. we made a Robin Hood party and I'm playing a dwarf priest of the goddess of luck who's basically the friar tuck of the group. it's been fun

Luck builds are the most fun. I always wanted to make a GURPS character with average stats and a ton of the luck advantages and powers, and see how far I can take them.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

please knock Mom! posted:

If you like no DM stuff, ironsworn is the tits

oh cool, thank you, i'm checking it out now! no-dm stuff is fine, we're mostly just doing it because we just came off a campaign of Band of Blades and wanna open it up to more players but also give everybody a breather to cook up their own campaigns to run if they want

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Yeah it’s cool and chill co op stuff. I think you can use a dm but you can also just use the tables and rolls as a pseudo dm

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

https://twitter.com/joindicebreaker/status/1359130938563846146?s=21

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Gengar isn't a loving bird

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Plutonis posted:

Gengar isn't a loving bird

He can fly, same thing

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

When you really think about it, Slowpoke is just a penguin.

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

Salt in the wound eases the soul.

Real birds > Pokémon

Im gonna play Dominion with five expansion packs tomorrow

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

https://thewitcher.com/en/news/37525/the-witcher-old-world-board-game-announced

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I walk back from my earlier mistake of expressing too much negativity. Let me share something I loved about In Nomine.

So, you know Nobilis? By Borgstrom? She got all that from years of playing In Nomine (and also Terry Pratchett / Neil Gaiman stuff), and I talked with her now and then in the chat I went to. What inspired part of Nobilis was the concept of Words in In Nomine. Words are singular concepts that an angel or demon can be bound to. They can be literally any concept you can possibly imagine- there can be an Angel of Math, a Demon of Fast Cars, an Angel of Beer, a Demon of Snappy One-Liners You Only Think Of After It's Too Late.

The power of a Word depends on how prevalent it is to humanity- the more important and common to humans, the more powerful the Word. This is how Archangels and Demon Princes have so much power- they have the Words at the top of the heap, like War, Disease, Revelation, Corruption, and so forth. Under every Archangel and Demon Prince is a ton of angels and demons with Words who serve them, and there's often hot competition to get a Word under their umbrella: the Archangel of Fire and the Archangel of Judgment might both want to have the Angel of Trial By Fire serving them, so there's political struggle around it.

It's a really cool concept to add flavor and adventure hooks to the setting.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I was a bit confused about the authorship claim of Nobilis until I found out Borgstrom was the previous name of Jenna Moran lol. I played Nobilis a bit, liked it, same with her other one, Chuubo's Engine or something.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Oh sorry, I forgot they changed their name, it's been such a long time

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Anyone play any of the Candlekeep Mysteries? Our group is gonna start running them, but I worry mystery games leave the dm stuck waiting for their players to get the right answer. Hopefully theres wiggle room for your party to be idiots.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Here's a question for ya, does anybody have a good picture of the map from the Avalon Hill game Dark Emperor? I've been looking at older, hex-based fantasy boardgames that might be fun to use for a campaign map (and, well, hex maps are fun), and Dark Emperor's map looks neat, but I can't find a good picture that doesn't cut anything off and isn't showing a game in progress.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
It has a VASSAL module, so you can just download the vmod file and open it as a zip file (since that what it really is) and look in there.

http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Dark_Emperor

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

frankenfreak posted:

It has a VASSAL module, so you can just download the vmod file and open it as a zip file (since that what it really is) and look in there.

http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Dark_Emperor

That's perfect, thanks!

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

outdoor survival’s map was recommended in the og d&d

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

Yep yep, that was my inspiration. I'm planning on using the Outdoor Survival map if my game ever gets off the ground.

Has anyone actually played Outdoor Survival? I've heard it's interesting and also unrelentingly brutal.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

The cover for H2 The Mines of Bloodstone

What it's actually depicting:

Cultists of Orcus prepare a sacrifice to the hideous idol of their demonic patron.

What I see:

The stage is set. The crowd murmurs, they can see most of the Forgotten Realms' biggest hair metal band on stage, but where's the lead singer? Where's Orcus? Then, the lights dim, the music starts. The crowd is loving hyped, but there's still that question lingering in the air. Then, bam! The pyrotechnics go off! The cages with the go-go dancers come down, and there, through the smoke, rising up among the fireworks on a little elevator platform, it's Orcus, striking a pose! The crowd goes wild! Panties are thrown up on stage, the guitarist is shredding, the drummer is going to town on those drums but he always does that, it's the drugs. "Hello, Vaasa!" Orcus booms into the mic, "are you ready to rock!?"

More pyrotechnics as the crowd cheers. Later on in the set, Orcus bites the head off a roadie and crushes 22 people to death when he tries to crowd-surf.

Best concert ever.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ah word?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That's loving epic bro.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

tthank you, catlord

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

BoastfulVirus posted:

I’m surprised no ones mentioned the cyberpunk tabletop in this thread. I’ve been planning on running a one off session with friends to get a feel for it. From what I’ve read if you really like combat in tabletops this is the game for you.

My friend group has been running this a few months now and it's really awesome.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

starting to think someone in this very thread is going to run the very first reverse recruitment d&d campaign.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

starting to think someone in this very thread is going to run the very first reverse recruitment d&d campaign.

yeah.. me

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Level 20 wizard poring over his life research: to mix the cloudkill spell with the girdle of masculinity/femininity magic item

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Plutonis posted:

Level 20 wizard poring over his life research: to mix the cloudkill spell with the girdle of masculinity/femininity magic item

https://youtu.be/L53gjP-TtGE

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Lol again. I finally get this btw. Who wants to play wingspan

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

lets all play advanced dungeons and dragons with epic negative numbers

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I put on my robe and wizard hat.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Still laughing about the egg strategy. When will we play? Same with your previous post, sir.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

lets all play advanced dungeons and dragons with epic negative numbers

ftw,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i am playing dungeons and dragons on zoom, through roll20, tonight with some of my friends. we were using discord but we decided to put cameras on and zoom works better for that IMO.