Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
Chapter L - Together we can channel the powers of the godly seed inside of you into the direction that Gorion had wanted for you.

There's been a PID with Sandrah that I've been avoiding until now.

Postponing it didn't make it hurt any less, did it? :ohdear:

Thankfully Dynaheir is kind enough to show us how it's done.

Anyway, I was planning on heading back to Nashkel to continue the Dark Side of the Sword Coast quests, but first I wanted to explore some areas that I skipped over. Starting with the Lonely Peaks.

Oooh, another chance at romance? Where is this hut!?

Ah, perfect.

This little girl is looking for help, but why does she have the ogre mage voiceset?

What a surprise, the girl turned out to be an ogre mage! Not even Sandrah saw this twist coming.

The mage was carrying this cloak, let's hold on to it just in case and go back into the house.

Sukia's still here for some reason.

Special little-girl-look...? Jesus Christ, Roxanne...

And that's all she wrote for this area, kind of anti-climactic in more ways than one.

I'm sick of this already, let's just go to Nashkel.

Now we know why Sandrah is so insistent about the whole divinity =/= person thing. :barf:

Let's try and wash that conversation away with Dynaheir geeking over Volo. :allears:

Henning's shop has a new owner, it seems. A 'Romance of the Three Kingdoms' portrait was the last thing I thought I'd see in Baldur's Gate.

For some reason the berry deep gnome is here, every time you give her gooseberries an audible 'Ooh!' is heard. Since Wizard Slayers can never have good things they're restricted from eating the jam.

Trouble at the Ghastkill household!? Let's check it out!

Welp, that's not a lot to go on. Better walk some rounds around town to see if we can figure out what's going on.

...Is that a leprechaun in a tree?

Oh poo poo, it's Monteelah!

...What's up with his portrait? Why is Sandrah speaking French?

He teleports away leaving us to fend off some pirates.

:swoon:

I am going to miss her when we get to BG2. :cry:

Can we just stop and admire how clever Sandrah is? I feel like we don't do that enough.

Poor Noober, we have to find some way to help him!

The pieces are slowly falling into place.

Dynaheir enlightens us about her past, after that last part the conversation loops back.

...And again...

Definitely the best romance so far, not that that's saying much.

I'll let you know if Boo suddenly turns pink.

We helped this lady out by delivering her husband's ring to her, now she helps us by providing shelter for Noober.

We'll check up on them one of these days.

Holy sh-

Who could have seen this coming!?

Don't you dare ruin the only good thing about this experience so far, Sandrah! :argh:

Oh, this is one of my favourite Dynaheir romance conve-

WOULD. YOU. STOP. TALKING?

Yeah, that's the stuff. :allears:

...Sandrah Saga is anti-fun. Maybe next time it'll allow me to actually delve into some content.

Vichan fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Nov 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

You know, I was just thinking earlier that what the plot of basically any game really needs is an NPC very slowly explaining it to the PC at great length in crappy English over multiple forced lengthy conversations. It's really the absolute best way to tell a story.

And I guess we can add incest to the growing list of Roxanne's obvious kinks.

The Dynaheir romance was nice enough while it lasted, at least in comparison to the rest of this shitshow, but as with everything else it has now been swallowed up by The Beast, She Who Hungers.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

That does explain Roxanne's weird god lore. I thought it was Roxanne's desire to make Sandrah a little more special or just some weird personal version of Faerun she had but it turns out it was all leading to...this. How horrific.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
...I'll admit I did not have 'Sandrah is the PC's sister' on my list of wagers.

Somehow this is even less mature than the Imoen Romance and its love of lolmonkeycheese 'humor.'

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
Also, why does every other rando extra/guard/shopkeeper have a portrait? It makes it seem so much less significant to encounter someone with a portrait, let alone the fact that they're all in wildly-different art styles and...in-focusness. Really adds to the bargain-bin feel of this whole thing.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

So can we turn Sandrah down for being a weird incest lady now?

Did she know?

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

LargeHadron posted:

Also, why does every other rando extra/guard/shopkeeper have a portrait?

So Sandrah can gently caress them. Her possible-siblings are fine, but she draws the line at people without pictures.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

"Oh my god, Sandrah and I share the same mother! Oh well, not gonna spend anytime dwelling on that, got a world to save with my little sister Imoen and my lover Sandrah."

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

So can we turn Sandrah down for being a weird incest lady now?

Did she know?

It does seem like that there should be an escape hatch conversation option where you can nope out of it all at that point.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Ramc posted:

It does seem like that there should be an escape hatch conversation option where you can nope out of it all at that point.

Oh, I'm sorry, you've confused Roxanne with someone who gives the player a choice.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

YOU WILL EXPERIENCE MY BEATIFUL WORLD THE WAY I WROTE IT YOU loving PEON!

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Ramc posted:

Who do you think you are, thinking you should offer Sandrah a dialogue prompt to decide if she wants to continue the romance or not?

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?
I mean honestly, do you think you're the main character or something?

Ramc
May 4, 2008

:negative: i-im sorry

Ramc
May 4, 2008

man the entire meet your mom sequence in ToB is gonna get completely rewritten

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
This reminds me of back when the Imoen Romance mod was first announced, and how the modder kept his cards very close to his vest, leading to a lot of speculation from the community until the mod finally released. And how the progression from the main modding communities evolved.

"An Imoen Romance?... Er..."

"Y'know, if they stress that gods don't play by genetic rules, maybe it won't be very creepy?"

"Yeah, file this under 'acceptable breaks from reality.' Still going to be weird, but why not?"

"Considering what happens to Imoen in BG2, are you sure you should jump to boning in the span of SoA's back half?"

"Would it really be any worse than Aerie's canon romance? Let's give it a shot."

"Release!"

"JESUS loving CHRIST ON A GODDAMN POGO STICK"

"Yup, he went there."

"And there."

"My God this is some messed up poo poo."

"One for the hall of infamy, folks. Saerileth and Chloe have a rival."

It wasn't even a surprise that that modder turned out to be a sex pest who abused his wife.

Roxanne seems to be considering that a model to follow, but went 'What if that, but more?'

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
You know, I'm surprised you picked the alternate portrait for that Vichan NPC. His original has such charm!

(I'm sorry)

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Midnight Voyager posted:

You know, I'm surprised you picked the alternate portrait for that Vichan NPC. His original has such charm!

(I'm sorry)

I assure you that mistake will be corrected at my earliest convenience.

Hahaha holy poo poo

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Ramc posted:

man the entire meet your mom sequence in ToB is gonna get completely rewritten

At this rate, all of BGII will be completely rewritten.

(also, Sandrah will totally butt in on your talks with the solar)

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Fighting Trousers posted:

At this rate, all of BGII will be completely rewritten.

(also, Sandrah will totally butt in on your talks with the solar)

Sandrah will have talks with the solar and Vichan will stand and watch and then afterwards tell her how amazing she was.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Chapter LI - I will make sure this damned god will not get a drop of water in my desert garden. May his seed be eaten by the ants and the snails. Bhaal begone!

Finally, a quest! We might actually make some progress now. Looks like we'll have to head to the area north of Nashkel.

A gnome being accosted by half-ogres?

David Jansen flees, never to return. Before he even manages to leave the screen his assailants are dead.

Ooooh.

He's so MYSTERIOUS! :swoon:

He's got some sweet gear.

As well as a shadow wolf...

...That shoots...lasers? :pcgaming:

We round out the cast with Branwen before going back on to the road.

She's taken her dismissal badly.

We quickly run into some messengers and a stone golem.

They're carrying a letter, interesting. Looks like we'll have to go to the carnival.

Dynaheir's my favourite but Branwen has her moments as well. :gbsmith:

Looks like we're off to Beregost...

...It is at this moment that I realise that this starts the Stone of Avaskar questline, let's shelf that for now and continue with the Dark Side of the Sword Coast content.

Onward to Castle Daerthmac...

...Which looks surprisingly like Durlag's Tower, both inside and out. It saves me having to screenshot the areas I guess.

Is a love triangle developing between our pets?

The battle horrors are no match for Sandrah's might.

The Zombie Lords continue to be a pain, thankfully Sandrah Saga only adds one of them to this area.

Nothing left to do but enter the castle, its interior matches those of Durlag's Tower, from the basement to the upper floor at least.

On the upper floor we find the key to the cellar, what's this about vampi-

Good thing I'm overleveled, otherwise I might've been scared. :smuggo:

No need to insult me, Sandrah. Sheesh.

She makes us two of these...

...And can make more for us if we want to. How handy.

I'm really tempting fate with these conversation choices... :ohdear:

I am DEFINITELY not liking where this is going.

I don't have anything to add, this dialogue is absolutely atrocious and there's SO MUCH of it.

After that word salad we head to the cellar and end up in an area based on the Candlekeep Catacombs.

Seeing through her act doesn't change anything, by the way.

Clairis and Daerthmac retreat at low HP. Come back, you cowards! :argh:

Jen'lig continues to shine.

Going forward eventually leads us to another Candlekeep area, with another area being based on the Ulcaster ruins.

We track down both vampires and manage to kill them.

Clairis' body holds this letter while Daerthmac was in possession of...

Berrto Ghaskill

After Sandrah reminds us what's at stake :imunfunny: we search the castle for coffins.

Aha!

And that's pretty much it for this area.

Interesting loot.

CúChoinneach leaves us and he takes his wolf with him. :wave: Both Haiass and the pathfinding AI are grateful. The Beast simply laments the prey that has just escaped its trap.

Branwen's combat effectiveness is compromised, what a shame.

We welcome back Minsc and Dynaheir and bid farewell to Branwen. :wave:

After setting fire to Berrto Ghaskill we head out the door.

Ah, yet another quest. An adventurer's work is never done!

Vichan has also had a bit of a makeover, courtesy of Midnight Voyager.

Vichan fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Nov 25, 2021

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Black Robe posted:

Sandrah will have talks with the solar and Vichan will stand and watch and then afterwards tell her how amazing she was.

Oh god this whole thing ends with Sandrah ascending to goddesshood, doesn't it? :gonk:

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Black Robe posted:

You might not be bhaalspawn, and yet I see more than a spark in you. You shall surely walk down a path to greatness.

It was just a suspicion, back when I was a little girl in Waterdeep. My father never talked about it, but he would sometuimes forget his papers in his study. I was curious, so I quickly learned Ancient Draconic in order to decipher them. Since then I knew what I had suspected before.

What a memorable mortal you are! Truly, I see much of my own supernatural essence in you as well. The clarity of your thoughts, the deepness of your eyes, the strength and elegance of your every movement... it all speaks to me.

Um, guys? I'm still here, you know.

I have to confess... when I first glimpsed you from the celestial realm, I was intrigued. More than that, I felt a strange bond between us, a kinship of sorts between the mortal and the immortal planes...

I felt the same... my love. From when I was but a young girl, my thoughts wandered often towards the celestial realm, drawn to it by the vision of a burning heart and of eyes like flame. 'twas your radiant beauty, no doubt.

Oh dearest Sandrah...

(Sandrah showers the Solar with her passionate kisses, her hand gently caressing its face and chest before slowly, but surely wandering downward...)

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

What did I say about spoilers? :imunfunny:

I'm pretty sure Dynaheir's romance is bugged since her next lovetalk needs Winski to appear and we've already had that conversation in Sandrah Saga.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
My internet is particularly terrible today, but now the images have finally agreed to load, let's see what NO NO NO NO

Wait no doesn't it work the other way around? Like you're still related to your mom but your dad is just a ??? genetically speaking? So you would very much be your mom's child's half-sibling!!

quote:

Since Wizard Slayers can never have good things they're restricted from eating the jam.

LOL Aha, technically a potion, I see. I think they can use heal potions and that's it or something?

I love how loving STUPID this mod makes the protagonist. Oh, it's BLATANT that Imoen is also a Bhaalspawn a game and a half early, but they must have turned into an AVATAR OF BHAAL by being NEAR me, that's it. Is she going to leave anything left for BG2? Throne of Bhaal? We're going to know who Irenicus is before Sarevok's even dead at this rate.

Also, I can see this mod still doesn't quite get Welsh. I remember just idly looking up a pronunciation and the whole internet was like "did you mean this EXACT mod? because actual Welsh names are not those." At least they got Madadh right... uh, it's just dog/wolf.

-Wait no no no, not Imoen, NOT IMOEN, you were basically raised together, stop that.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Pretty sure Sandrah mentioned ol Jon at some point.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Pretty sure Sandrah mentioned ol Jon at some point.

poo poo, I just realized! How will a character who simply can't stand being on the wrong end of a plan handle a game beginning where you're captured and lose two friends?

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Feb 9, 2021

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Midnight Voyager posted:

My internet is particularly terrible today, but now the images have finally agreed to load, let's see what NO NO NO NO

Wait no doesn't it work the other way around? Like you're still related to your mom but your dad is just a ??? genetically speaking? So you would very much be your mom's child's half-sibling!!

I believe that you are supposed to see Sandrah's mother as being a surrogate with the biological parent as just Bhaal. I don't really want to think harder about it.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Vichan posted:

What did I say about spoilers? :imunfunny:

I'm pretty sure Dynaheir's romance is bugged since her next lovetalk needs Winski to appear and we've already had that conversation in Sandrah Saga.

I've also managed to misplace Khalid and Jaheira... :doh: Now I've got to find a way to solve it.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
Castle Daerthmac is hella far

EggsAisle
Dec 17, 2013

I get it! You're, uh...

System Metternich posted:

You might not be bhaalspawn, and yet I see more than a spark in you. You shall surely walk down a path to greatness.

It was just a suspicion, back when I was a little girl in Waterdeep. My father never talked about it, but he would sometuimes forget his papers in his study. I was curious, so I quickly learned Ancient Draconic in order to decipher them. Since then I knew what I had suspected before.

What a memorable mortal you are! Truly, I see much of my own supernatural essence in you as well. The clarity of your thoughts, the deepness of your eyes, the strength and elegance of your every movement... it all speaks to me.

Um, guys? I'm still here, you know.

I have to confess... when I first glimpsed you from the celestial realm, I was intrigued. More than that, I felt a strange bond between us, a kinship of sorts between the mortal and the immortal planes...

I felt the same... my love. From when I was but a young girl, my thoughts wandered often towards the celestial realm, drawn to it by the vision of a burning heart and of eyes like flame. 'twas your radiant beauty, no doubt.

Oh dearest Sandrah...

(Sandrah showers the Solar with her passionate kisses, her hand gently caressing its face and chest before slowly, but surely wandering downward...)

:perfect:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Midnight Voyager posted:

We're going to know who Irenicus is before Sarevok's even dead at this rate.

I mean, that already happened:

Vichan posted:

Centeol knows Jon Irenicus. But wait, there's more.

A lot of NPCs in BG1 have unique dialogue if you charm them, this includes people like Thalantyr but also enemies. Centeol is my favourite because of the way she foreshadows BG2. (In the original BG1 she references Jon Icarus, this was changed to Jon Irenicus somewhere along the line) We'll also run into Tanova somewhere along the line. Neat. :)

We oblige her, collecting Spider's Bane and Tiber's brother's corpse in the process.

...Of course Sandrah's knowledgable about the subject as well.

Note that she is telling us things no one but Irenicus should know, since the elves in question never knew him by the name Irenicus, and people who know him as Irenicus have no idea about his connection to the elves.

This could just be a plot hole, but I will not be surprised if it turns out she's already met and hosed Irenicus and gotten his backstory straight from the horse's mouth.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Midnight Voyager posted:

poo poo, I just realized! How will a character who simply can't stand being on the wrong end of a plan handle a game beginning where you're captured and lose two friends?

Calling it now, Sandrah is going to sneak or fight her way through the starting dungeon all by herself and free the rest of the party.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I mean, that already happened:

Note that she is telling us things no one but Irenicus should know, since the elves in question never knew him by the name Irenicus, and people who know him as Irenicus have no idea about his connection to the elves.

This could just be a plot hole, but I will not be surprised if it turns out she's already met and hosed Irenicus and gotten his backstory straight from the horse's mouth.

I think I blacked out during the part of this where Sandrah talked, I just remembered the name drop from charming.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Comrade Koba posted:

Calling it now, Sandrah is going to sneak or fight her way through the starting dungeon all by herself and free the rest of the party.

'i installed dungeon b gone for u'

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ramc posted:

'i installed dungeon b gone for u'

How early do you figure she'll point out Yoshimo's plot details?

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Immediately.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Vichan posted:

I've also managed to misplace Khalid and Jaheira... :doh: Now I've got to find a way to solve it.

Welp, I think that's a pretty much a lost cause. Extremely sloppy.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure I sent them to the Elfsong tavern, I just reloaded to a save just before I picked up Tiax, sent them to the Elfsong and they disappeared yet again. Curious.

Vichan fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Feb 10, 2021

Thunderclan
Dec 24, 2013

Vichan posted:

Welp, I think that's a pretty much a lost cause. Extremely sloppy.

They are fortunate, for they have escaped the fanged maw of Doomdrah...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Oh, I have run across someone talking about a bug you could potentially run into:

quote:

I ran into a minor incompatibility between Shades of the Sword Coast and BG1 NPC Project.

If you have Eldoth in your party, Bentley from the Friendly Arm Inn doesn't have the new dialogue options from SotSC, meaning :
- Zee's Quest can't be completed
- The new quest from Bentley is not offered
The workaround is to temporarily remove Eldoth from the party, but it can only be done if the player knows Bentley is supposed to have new dialogue options.

God knows how this works out with the Sandrahed version, but whatever, better to be forewarned. I don't know what quests they mean myself.

Also "I can't find Khalid and Jaheira" is a relatively common problem, I recall some people just having them vanish when they were dismissed sometimes. Some people even say they'll leave FOREVER if you dismiss them after act three, but haven't you done it before? Afraid I never did it myself.