Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

I've seen a few gameplay videos of Ghost of Tsushima where the player does a super dash between multiple enemies, killing them with one strike. It's not a chain assassination and doesn't appear to be a ghost stance attack. What am I seeing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

People relentlessly made fun of the dude who said he beat Bloodborne in 12 hours but according to my PS4 year-end summary I beat the base game (no DLC) in about 25. So it's not especially long!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

I've seen a few gameplay videos of Ghost of Tsushima where the player does a super dash between multiple enemies, killing them with one strike. It's not a chain assassination and doesn't appear to be a ghost stance attack. What am I seeing?

That's one of the special techniques you get from the legendary quests.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
That there are actually cool unique abilities you can get from quests is one of the things I like most about Ghost of Tsushima. This kind of thing makes questing feel so much more rewarding to me. There's nothing I dislike more about an open world game than for it to be full of side content but none of which actually gives you anything special or better than what you already have.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Cardiovorax posted:

That there are actually cool unique abilities you can get from quests is one of the things I like most about Ghost of Tsushima. This kind of thing makes questing feel so much more rewarding to me. There's nothing I dislike more about an open world game than for it to be full of side content but none of which actually gives you anything special or better than what you already have.

Quit complaining and go collect the other 218 trinkets you missed

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Cardiovorax posted:

It is not okay to dislike Bloodborne.
more like buttburn

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Days Gone is so loving long though. Like easily 100 hours (or more?). I couldn’t do it. I almost finished the lost lake area and started the move on to the big second area of the game when I looked up a guide and realized I still had like..40 missions ahead of me. Not even exaggerating. I’d already dumped probably 40-50 hours into it. It’s way, way too long for what it is and what it narratively and mechanistically accomplishes. Those devs were on crack.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
There will be Days Gone from your life by the time you're done with it, that's for sure.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I played it in two long sections several months apart haha

and it is an alright game but the mixture of liking that and disliking BB is cursed nonetheless

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I used the free Nioh 2 PS5 upgrade for the disc edition. I can delete this PS4 version off my PS5 now right?

Also, how vital is the Nioh 2 DLC? I don't know that I'll ever play the bonus campaigns or NG+, so it'd really just be for the weapons if I bought it.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

you do not need the PS4 version of anything on your harddrive unless you especially want to play that version for some reason

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

rabidsquid posted:

you do not need the PS4 version of anything on your harddrive unless you especially want to play that version for some reason

Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee aaaaRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Bloodbourne doesn't get good until after Father G. I would guess a lot of people thought it wasn't for them after bashing their head against him.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Father Gas-G'wan ya dingus

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I would recommend playing Control first because Bloodborne is a longer game and also somehow even more confusing and eldritch than Control, but both games are on my current Top 10 list

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

exquisite tea posted:

Which one? I've completed all the listed ones, does another open up at some point? Or was I not paying attention to how you do one that I've already got, which is a distinct possibility.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I think there are four special techniques you get, and they're spread throughout the island.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Arist posted:

I used the free Nioh 2 PS5 upgrade for the disc edition. I can delete this PS4 version off my PS5 now right?

Also, how vital is the Nioh 2 DLC? I don't know that I'll ever play the bonus campaigns or NG+, so it'd really just be for the weapons if I bought it.

If you started Nioh 2 on ps4, keep it until you can upload your save (you have to do it inside the game using their servers) then once you download the save for the ps5 version, you can delete the ps4 edition.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Arist posted:

Ignore it, then. The special weapons are something you get at the very beginning of the game and then they pretty much never matter again. If you don't want to do the DLC campaigns or NG+, you won't notice much of a difference.

Casnorf posted:

Father Gas-G'wan ya dingus
Papa Gascan.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

Bloodbourne doesn't get good until after Father G. I would guess a lot of people thought it wasn't for them after bashing their head against him.

wrong, it is good from the moment you wake up to the world of blood and beasts

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

exquisite tea posted:

I think there are four special techniques you get, and they're spread throughout the island.

No that's breath of the wild

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Lumpy posted:

Okay PS5 thread, choose what I play next! Finished 13 Sentinels last night (still need to wrap up the Plat since it seems to be easy and I like the tower defense!)

What I have PS5ed so far:
  • Astrobot
  • Demon's Souls
  • 13 Sentinels (thread pick!)

Choose what I will play next!
  • Control
  • Yakuza 7
  • Bloodborne*

* until I get frustrated and quit

bugsnax

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

PantsBandit posted:

bloodborne gets good when you finish installing it

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I never played Bloodborne because it looked so Tim Burton hot topic mall goth.

I might give it a try if they fix the art and bump it up to 60fps.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

The art is good I hope you don't play it.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I’m not a rabid Bloodborne lover but what the gently caress even is this post

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, I could vaguely understand it if they had said that it looks like a Steampunk LARP, because of the whole Victorian aesthetic it has, but mall goths?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
It's just anime. We all know it's anime.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Finally tried my first multiplayer game since launch (Apex, because lmao at doing 250gb of Warzone again) and I'm having a dumb problem. My audio is running HDMI -> monitor 3.5mm out -> amp -> headphones and works perfectly for everything except voice chat. Unlike on PS4, I can't find an option to change the voice output to anything but the controller, which I've had muted until now because why the gently caress would I listen to that garbage when I'm wearing nice headphones.

Googling seems to indicate that you just can't do anything about it unless using a headset which connects directly to the PS5, which can't be right.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Remote play needs to auto pause the game when it senses network instability. Crazy that it doesnt treat it like a controller disconnect.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
In demons souls, should I be bouncing around from archstone to archstone, doing them one at a time, or “just do whatever, man.”

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

The game is mostly non-linear, so it's up to you. Some are easier than others, but they tend to get progressively harder as you progress deeper into the zone. Backing out and trying somewhere else if you find you can't really get anywhere with the one you're currently working on is a valid approach. Some of them also have unique and useful NPCs and you won't get any use out of these until you actually discover them.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just do whatever, I think the first section of a stage is generally supposed to be easier than the second but I never really noticed it tbh

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

exquisite tea posted:

Yep, I have those, so obviously I missed something when I unlocked it.

I won't claim that (though it did make me laugh) but it does point to one of the reasons Bloodborne doesn't interest me. I don't care for the aesthetic at all and don't want to spend dozens of hours in it. This is not a dig on the game or developers. It's obvious that the people who put it together are phenomenally talented artists, it's imaginative and executed beautifully. It's just not a style and world I'm interested in visually. Add in that I'm old and my hand/eye coordination isn't what it used to be, (a bad combination for a game that actively punishes you for sucking) and I don't think I'm missing anything. I'm glad that it brings so much joy to you guys though.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

For newcomers doubting wether to play Bloodborne, I was in your same position once and I followed the encouragement of this thread. It was very worth it. That game is incredible, just simply incredible. The first two bosses are very hard, and they’re meant to be. It’s a trial by fire sort of start. It might take you a bunch of tries, and if you still don’t get it don’t suffer, summon another player to help you. But, once you’re past them and the world really begins to open up? It’s an experience you soon won’t forget. I promise you in a few weeks you’ll be back here encouraging other newcomers to play it just the same.

May you find your worth in the waking world.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

anime is illegal

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Just lol at missing out on one of the best games of the last decade because you think it looks "mall goth." what a self own

edit: I wish Tim Burton made movies similar to bloodborne, they might actually be good

Colonel Whitey fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Feb 10, 2021

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

FallenGod posted:

Finally tried my first multiplayer game since launch (Apex, because lmao at doing 250gb of Warzone again) and I'm having a dumb problem. My audio is running HDMI -> monitor 3.5mm out -> amp -> headphones and works perfectly for everything except voice chat. Unlike on PS4, I can't find an option to change the voice output to anything but the controller, which I've had muted until now because why the gently caress would I listen to that garbage when I'm wearing nice headphones.

Googling seems to indicate that you just can't do anything about it unless using a headset which connects directly to the PS5, which can't be right.

Hmm I looked into this a bit, and I'm not sure what the solution is for your setup. Maybe try turning your controller speaker volume all the way down?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I need 13 Sentinels to be 50% off on PSN Store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

I really like Days Gone, but it was about 50% too long and I would have hated playing it on a PS4 with all the loading, being able to instantly warp around the map helped me get the plat much quicker.

As for BB, the first boss is very tough and I've got about 4-6 hours into and can't seem to beat him.

That being said, I just realized that all my PS4 games cannot connect to the internet in game. On BB for example, if I choose the online game, it crashes and boots me back to the title screen.

Anyone else have this issue and have a resolution?