Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I hope he stays in character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

He was doing gta rp for a hot minute with andy milinaukis, but didn’t have the attention span for more than a day or two.

Also despite having a ton of decent recording equipment he sounds like he’s talking through a gaming headset.

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

Martman posted:

Was trying to remember "(at the time) Connecticut," what a beautiful phrase

My brain mustve been turning over that phrase while i slept for the past 8 months because one day i woke up and immediately understood what it meant

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

que sera sera posted:

My brain mustve been turning over that phrase while i slept for the past 8 months because one day i woke up and immediately understood what it meant

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

He flew UP to connecticut for the funeral, which he’s saying was unusual for him because he must live either north or west of connecticut. Ordinarily he would “fly down to” or “fly out to” connecticut but AT THE TIME he flew up. :smugdog:

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

IMO he was just future proofing his stories for readers 100s of years from now who won't know what Connecticut is

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

que sera sera posted:

He flew UP to connecticut for the funeral, which he’s saying was unusual for him because he must live either north or west of connecticut. Ordinarily he would “fly down to” or “fly out to” connecticut but AT THE TIME he flew up. :smugdog:

Imprinting on this interpretation immediately and swearing death on those who disagree

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I assumed he was trying to say that his brother lived in Connecticut at the time but sort of abandoned the thought halfway through

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i figured he hosed up trying to say "at that time, i flew up to Connecticut" while trying to meet his ten pairs of parentheses per page quota

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

que sera sera posted:

thats one theory, but i havent seen anything to disprove the time travelling or psychic theory yet so im going to keep my options open

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

symbolic posted:

i figured he hosed up trying to say "at that time, i flew up to Connecticut" while trying to meet his ten pairs of parentheses per page quota

trying to jack off posted:

thats one theory, but i havent seen anything to disprove the time travelling or psychic theory yet so im going to keep my options open

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I flew up at that time to Connecticut for the funeral.

During that time, I had flown up to Connecticut for the funeral.

I flew up to Connecticut for the funeral by that time.

:bang:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/thealanjohnson/status/1359189235740209153?s=21

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

He flew UP to Connecticut, because planes fly UP into the air. Its not rocket science.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That's awesome lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Tbh it doesn't really look like Ocelot at all but I'll give him a pass because he's 100 years old.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

It’s pretty close to his MGS2 design.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

American McGay posted:

Tbh it doesn't really look like Ocelot at all but I'll give him a pass because he's 100 years old.

net cafe scandal posted:

:hai:

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
the earth is constantly spinning and moving through space, so he flew up to a specific location in space, which, at that time, was occupied by connecticut

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

net cafe scandal posted:

Get his rear end

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1359881069382815748

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

At the time he flew up to connecticut because he was closer to the camera (at the time), making him appear bigger. When hes small hes further away (down) and the reason he can hit question mark blocks is that they extend backwards because theyre not actually cubes.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

maybe he experiences time nonlinearly like arrival so he had to distinguish from the past or the future when that area isn't Connecticut

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Doctor Manhattan: A few days later, a partially muscled skeleton (at the time) stands in a hallway and screams for a moment before vanishing.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/jack-black-joins-cate-blanchett-in-borderlands-movie

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm imagining being some guy who is really into the characters and lore of the Borderlands series and getting increasingly pissed off as bigger and bigger named Hollywood celebs get cast in the movie.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i heard tales of the borderlands was good but now that telltale is getting their holes pierced by satan its unavailable to purchase. rip

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ArfJason posted:

i heard tales of the borderlands was good but now that telltale is getting their holes pierced by satan its unavailable to purchase. rip

Good news gamer it’s getting put back on all the digital storefronts next week.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

American McGay posted:

I'm imagining being some guy who is really into the characters and lore of the Borderlands series and getting increasingly pissed off as bigger and bigger named Hollywood celebs get cast in the movie.

The guy is named Fadam.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

ArfJason posted:

https://twitter.com/Borderlands/status/1359552197101453314?s=20

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
fails from the boringlands

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

The guy is named Fadam.
me when Jamila Jamil gets cast as Lilith the Siren
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1359150904788803587/pu/vid/720x720/eZUfOnSy3ZcKSeDA.mp4?tag=12

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

persrsoanly I say cate Blanchett ftw

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tales from the borderlands owns though

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Empress Brosephine posted:

if its so good steam gift it to me

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Empress Brosephine posted:

Honestly I think all those Tell Tale CYOA games are complete poo poo from my rear end but I see this one getting the most love even though the property its based on is also bad. Can you speak to this incongruity?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yes I hate adventure games and borderlands but really enjoyed tales. Granted that was what ten years ago but I really liked it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Arrhythmia posted:

The guy is named Fadam.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010