Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
And Garza never got a third foul lol

fran is not by any stretch a bad coach but he's definitely not a great one either. Team is in a free fall, gonna be like a 5 or 6 seed at best probably and even that will take a turn around :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Bo has repeatedly hosed Rutgers this year, gently caress him. He's who the Big Ten sends when they want to pre-determine the outcome. They're clearly trying to get a lovely Indiana team in the tournament.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Ohio State is better than it has any right to be. They're losing like 3 freshmen a year to transfers.

And a few established starters now that I think about it.

whos that broooown fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Feb 9, 2021

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Go hogs

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Watched the Hogs long enough to know e will lose to the most beatable kentucky in a long time lol

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

chaoslord posted:

Watched the Hogs long enough to know e will lose to the most beatable kentucky in a long time lol

Don't be so sure about that

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

The last time ark beat uk was in 2014 when they swept them

e: I love Vanover

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

The last time ark beat uk was in 2014 when they swept them

e: I love Vanover

Michael Qualls Never Forget :911:

Connor is very streaky so I’m glad good Connor showed up today

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Don't be so sure about that

All hope is false hope with Arkansas

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
What in fucks name happened to Kentucky this year?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kentucky shoots 30% from 3 normally so of course they can’t miss from there tonight.

I swear, technical fouls just invigorate Kentucky. Wild.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Owns

Lmao that was a lot closer than it should have been

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
That was not a foul, but still, can't even get a shot off at the last second.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

That was not a foul, but still, can't even get a shot off at the last second.

There were three fouls lmao what are you talking about?

That said I can’t believe we got that call at Rupp

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What in fucks name happened to Kentucky this year?

Kentucky has looked for the past few years like a bunch of guys who are going to be great in the NBA because they have the bodies for it but can't run a play to save their life, except this year, Duke and UNC look the same way. COVID is really doing a number on teams that rely hard on one-and-dones, that's what we've mainly seen this year, that and Kansas is rear end.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
LOL Big10 officials living their best lives.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

even for northwestern that was a painful loss.
leading by 7 at regulation then leading by 6 with less than a minute in OT then losing in double overtime, indiana led for exactly 14 seconds until the second overtime.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Rutgers has no chance if our centers keep getting picked on by the refs.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
do they measure open 3 point %? mizzou must be in the bottom 3 in the nation for them

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Mike_V posted:

do they measure open 3 point %? mizzou must be in the bottom 3 in the nation for them

Some of the advanced tracking sites like synergy do for sure

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Man Pinson is just awful tonight.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

unbelievable how mizzou turns other teams who can't score into efficient machines

ole miss up 20 just like mizzou was against bama, but this game is gonna end with mizzou losing by 30 instead of storming back. this team is realistically a 20-25 seed and probably not making it out of the first weekend. just a complete collapse on defense regularly coupled with awful free throw shooting from half the team

Mike_V fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Feb 11, 2021

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
This game got to the point where my interest in watching it is completely tied to wondering exactly how bad it can get quickly after the half.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Kim Jong Il posted:

Rutgers has no chance if our centers keep getting picked on by the refs.

The officiating was a loving abomination. Basically 4 mins into the game and both RU centers had 2 fouls already and 3 of those were soft calls also Iowa shoots 20 FTs to our 6 because Garza gets a call any time anyone breethes on him however we also did play generally like dogshit for the rest of the game too and you can't shoot 6 for 28 from 3 against a good team on the road and expect to win.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
The officiating was really bad, exactly what I expected. Makeup game for Indiana + Garza is super protected. Our shooting was also much worse than it usually is, which is already bad, but we were literally missing open looks.

I give Iowa credit because they are a great offensive team, especially with Frederick. But they can't play any defense, they're not the reason those shots missed.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Purdue up 2 at the half at Minnesota. Neither team can hit from 3, or stop the other in the paint.

https://twitter.com/BigTenNetwork/status/1359995648859246597

No idea how Wheeler catches that, much less dunks it. I thought it was going to be a turnover.

PotatoJudge fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Feb 12, 2021

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Minnesota has had some really lucky bounces go their way, blocked shots and horrible misses turn into open looks.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

And then Carr banks in a 26 foot 3 to go up 1 with 17 to go. loving Barn.

Two hand shove Trevion Williams in the back, call Trevion for a travel. Minnesota ball w/ 7 to go.

Nice symmetry, Purdue football and basketball lose at Minnesota on horrible calls.

gently caress Kalscheur for getting out of his 3 point shooting slump, 20% on the season, 4-7 tonight.

Lol, Borowski

PotatoJudge fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Feb 12, 2021

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Mark Smith has been beyond useless. This guy who used to knock down a ton of threes is airballing poo poo regularly

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm so loving bereft of anything else to do while trapped in my home that i will watch northwestern lose their 11th consecutive game

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

wheels coming off right on cue for mizzou. feels like arky's about to go on a 15-0 run here

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mike_V posted:

wheels coming off right on cue for mizzou. feels like arky's about to go on a 15-0 run here

I have no faith Arkansas will do anything here, this is prime Hogs Being Dumb territory

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
NC State just completely does not give a poo poo about this game against a terrible Duke team and I totally sympathize but if this is the effort level going forward there is absolutely no reason to play any more games.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

That 4th on Williams is one of the worst block/charge calls I’ve seen in a while JFC

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

chaoslord posted:

That 4th on Williams is one of the worst block/charge calls I’ve seen in a while JFC

it was real bad, nice to see mizzou get the benefit of those for once

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mike_V posted:

it was real bad, nice to see mizzou get the benefit of those for once

I’m scared it means Vanover is gonna gas and y’all are just gonna abuse switches away from him, really hope I’m wrong but that’s how I would attack

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Oof and now the pendulum swung and two bad calls in a row for Arkansas gives a Mizzou player a 4th

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

im going to become the joker

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

fire chris collins

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

lmao parker braun has the least athletic ability i've seen in a while. dude cannot handle a ball at all