Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

SirPablo posted:

Light items on the belt. Everything else stays in the cart, UPC flipped up. Checkout done in 30s. Bing bing bong.

Don’t forget your card and license (if buying booze) in the separator turned upside down in front of your stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Bucnasti posted:

This is the way.

I don't know why this is even a discussion.

e: Also return your cart to the corral.

Exactly.

https://youtu.be/AQBnY9wITYs

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Virigoth posted:

Don’t forget your card and license (if buying booze) in the separator turned upside down in front of your stuff.

This is banned because of Covid at my Church. Hold card outward in hand and they scan it through the plexiglass. Otherwise same procedure for me. 30 seconds for them ring up the whole cart.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Bucnasti posted:

This is the way.

I don't know why this is even a discussion.

Everyone knows the right way is to just shove it at a random angle in the parking lot after you finish loading into the car, sheesh!

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

priznat posted:

Everyone knows the right way is to just shove it at a random angle in the parking lot after you finish loading into the car, sheesh!

I know you're joking and you still made me angry. Why are people like that? I find it utterly bizarre that people think carts just stop existing as soon as they are done with them.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

fizzymercy posted:

I know you're joking and you still made me angry. Why are people like that? I find it utterly bizarre that people think carts just stop existing as soon as they are done with them.

Based on your avatar: Shopping carts have a SEP field generator.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

fizzymercy posted:

100% Agree, this happens a lot at my costco and I've said, friendly like not angrily "hey they go over there!" and pointed to the cart corral but they just look stunned and get into their cars and drive off.

A costco I used to go to had a parking lot with a significant slope to it too and I made a point to never park on the downhill side because you would see carts just piled up down there all the drat time. It's a walmart now so probably just as bad.

Brain Curry posted:

Based on your avatar: Shopping carts have a SEP field generator.

lol

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
My father was not a religious man, but he was a 35 year career retail clerk and he would say to me.

"There are two types of people in this world, the ones who return their cart, and the ones who die and go directly to hell."

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Bucnasti posted:

Cart-abandoners lack moral fiber. Wouldn't have one as a friend. Wouldn't want one as a neighbor.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Would you date a car leaver?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

priznat posted:

100% Agree, this happens a lot at my costco and I've said, friendly like not angrily "hey they go over there!" and pointed to the cart corral but they just look stunned and get into their cars and drive off.

A costco I used to go to had a parking lot with a significant slope to it too and I made a point to never park on the downhill side because you would see carts just piled up down there all the drat time. It's a walmart now so probably just as bad.

lol

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Costco go out of business in my entire life

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
Not to derail super exciting checkout etiquette chat, but I apparently learned nothing from the disappointingly bland lobster bisque and got some of the "spicy" crab and corn chowder.

Sadly, it was also pretty bland.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I got to costco once when the parking lot was full, and one space was left and it was full of carts, which weren't even properly 'stacked' together. I got to it as someone dumped their cart there, and I got out and shouted at them (pre-covid) and they walked away smiling. I pushed them all together, put them out of the space, parked in the space, and walked the carts all back to a cart rack thing. Some people can go to hell.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Got my steelcase leap from amazon warehouse today. Very satisfied, and its basically brand new (still has all the plastic and tags on it). Thanks for the rec costco thread!

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
As an aeron owner, I’d like to welcome you to the nicer chair club. It’s inclusive, and nobody has a bruised coccyx!

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

stealie72 posted:

Not to derail super exciting checkout etiquette chat, but I apparently learned nothing from the disappointingly bland lobster bisque and got some of the "spicy" crab and corn chowder.

Sadly, it was also pretty bland.

That lobster bisque is absolutely a joke. There must be at most 1/8 oz of lobster meat in the entire container to go with the 5 grams of sodium in it.

The only use I found was to use it as a pasta sauce, but even its like a artificially flavored/colored alfredo sauce with tiny, tiny bits of lobster meat in there.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Propaganda Hour posted:

I bought a soundbar. It was on sale, Yamaha ATS-2090 for $199. So I guess I have one of those now.

Let us know if it's any good! All of my sound comes from my TV itself so I could probably use an upgrade.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Get a real speaker set up. Speaker technology hasn't really advanced at all in the last fifty years, so go out thrifting for some loose speakers and a receiver. Guarantee even a budget 2.1 setup will sound a hell of a lot better than some lovely soundbar.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Gaius Marius posted:

Get a real speaker set up. Speaker technology hasn't really advanced at all in the last fifty years, so go out thrifting for some loose speakers and a receiver. Guarantee even a budget 2.1 setup will sound a hell of a lot better than some lovely soundbar.

Fair enough, I haven't really looked into the things. I know how to rig up an audio setup and everything, but space is at a premium so if sound bars didn't suck it'd be a great option. Ach well.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
if anything home audio technology has gotten steadily worse (in terms of sound quality) over the past 30 years! i second the notion of looking for an older receiver and nice set of speakers to go with it that you can find used. only downside is they take up a lot more space than a soundbar would. you can buy an aux bluetooth adapter for wireless.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Costco go out of business in my entire life

Oh they just moved to new digs a little ways away, much better (and bigger!) location with a nice flat parking lot. Although that store had been open for a long, long time.

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Geodude used Reply to Thread! It's super effective!
N'th agreeing that the lobster bisque and crab corn chowder are some of the most bland soups imaginable! I don't understand how they were so boring. I also used them both for pasta sauce and had to add tons of ingredients/spices just to make it slightly enjoyable.

I'm also in the "Bitch'n Sauce is fine". I bought a tub and struggled to see the appeal. It is a more flavorful hummus-style dip. Fine on sandwiches, fine as a dip for chips/veggies, but would never get again.

For those in search of actual Clorox Wipes - the Costco Business Center has them, including lots of alternatives too.

Last, I wish I got a picture, but there was a sign reading "CHURROS ARE COMING BACK, and they'll be IMPROVED AND BETTER THAN EVER".

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Propaganda Machine posted:

Let us know if it's any good! All of my sound comes from my TV itself so I could probably use an upgrade.

Never owned one before so I don't have much to compare it to, but soundbars in general are a compromise of size, space, and price. As another poster pointed out, you might get lucky on Craigslist with a 5.1 or 2.1 speaker setup with receiver, but you might not in that $100-200 price range. Sometimes people move and need to get rid of quality systems ASAP, though. Everything on my local craiglist has been absolute garbage if it's less than $500. We bought the soundbar to go in our bedroom, so I wasn't looking for theatre quality sound or anything - just something a little better so I could more cleanly hear voices for YouTubes, Twitch, whatever. It's leagues better than the built in TV speakers for that, so I'm happy. If I was watching movies, I'm going to my living room, though.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
i want to try this Leap chair but all i see at studios here are aeron

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

priznat posted:

A costco I used to go to had a parking lot with a significant slope to it too and I made a point to never park on the downhill side because you would see carts just piled up down there all the drat time.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Bucnasti posted:

My father was not a religious man, but he was a 35 year career retail clerk and he would say to me.

"There are two types of people in this world, the ones who return their cart, and the ones who die and go directly to hell."

I complained about this once on this website and received a lecture about how single mothers raising 12 kids and working 9 jobs don’t have time to return their shopping carts.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

silence_kit posted:

I complained about this once on this website and received a lecture about how single mothers raising 12 kids and working 9 jobs don’t have time to return their shopping carts.

That's what one of the 12 goblins are good for.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Bucnasti posted:

This corral?

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

norp posted:

This corral?

surround that car with carts asap

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

norp posted:

This corral?

Respect for backing into such a tight spot.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
If it's busy, just take a cart off someone in the parking lot when they are done with it on your way in.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Bucnasti posted:

But what if the cart return is far away? 😩

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

norp posted:

This corral?

How did they get out of the van?

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

SirPablo posted:

If it's busy, just take a cart off someone in the parking lot when they are done with it on your way in.

My costco actively discourages this right now because they want to spray them down in between use.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

david_a posted:

How did they get out of the van?

Jumped out the hatch?

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
I just picked up a double pack of Panther Vision beanies for fifteen bucks. it's -29 outside right now.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

My 7 year old UPS died so I ordered one from Costco....they sent me a package of cookies instead. I had to explain to the poor lady on the phone that a piece of technology is not equal to cookies. Sigh. At least they said since its a food item I wont have to send it back like the last time the screwed up....in November.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Well? How are they?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

schreibs posted:

My 7 year old UPS died so I ordered one from Costco....they sent me a package of cookies instead. I had to explain to the poor lady on the phone that a piece of technology is not equal to cookies. Sigh. At least they said since its a food item I wont have to send it back like the last time the screwed up....in November.

are you complaining about free cookies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

are you complaining about free cookies?

Probably mad they gummed up his computer.