Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Majima Everywhere is sorta like a forced metal king slime fight if he never ran away. It's easy to beat his rear end down using the specific heat moves on him when he's winded, and I'm getting like 50k xp for each fight lol, so for now I'm enjoying it. Got Damage Up 4 already.

i definitely started hunting down majima to fill out the skill tree and get dragon moves back. bat majima gave me the business sometimes though lol he armors through nearly everything and hits like a truck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Just started Judgement and it’s freaking gorgeous

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Just started 4 and thank god for the QoL improvements from 3. Also this first protagonist seems chill and cool.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
akiyama ftw

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
heat actions in y3 have the same impact as bumping into people on the street

also a horrible curse has overtaken japan and caused 1/4 of the population to develop scoliosis lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao the after school special music that plays when you succeed at a side story sure is something in the dominatrix mission

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i keep finding phone cards and i have no idea what to do with them. :confused:

this is still fun, though. i cleared hard mode for all the disco songs and won a disco battle, then i decided to clear the menu so i drank like five drinks and took my drunk rear end to sega to lose at the crane game 100 times and get my rear end handed to me in space harrier.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

this is still fun, though. i cleared hard mode for all the disco songs and won a disco battle, then i decided to clear the menu so i drank like five drinks and took my drunk rear end to sega to lose at the crane game 100 times and get my rear end handed to me in space harrier.

*not joking* They let you look at pictures of sexy ladies.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

*not joking* They let you look at pictures of sexy ladies.

ah. time to get some completion points while the wife is asleep then......

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
This plays in my head every time I take the monorail back to the orphanage and chill/fish after missions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWZ7Bsazc4I

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

Plug the names into google and unzip your shorts.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I finished off by losing at pool and then playing darts for like two hours for absolutely no reason. I think I won at the Japanese chess thing enough that I never have to play it again, though.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
finished 4, was way better than 3, for a lot of reasons. Started 5 and (gameplay spoilers i guess not really) kiryu driving a taxi and having police sanctioned initial d street races is fuckin awesome. Yakuza FTMFW

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the ninja and the pole dancing ones in kamurocho are so fuckin good

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
I can’t remember if Kiryu says “that’s rad!” In 3’s revelations

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Yo; is the fighter maker thing in 4 worth wasting time on? I've been a bit picky, trying to blast through the story so I can get to 5/6/7...(and judgement when it comes out again on ps5)

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
I started playing Y0 last week for the first time ever. I'm finding it to be ironic that I farm the Mr Shakedowns for money.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Professor of Cats posted:

Yo; is the fighter maker thing in 4 worth wasting time on? I've been a bit picky, trying to blast through the story so I can get to 5/6/7...(and judgement when it comes out again on ps5)

if youre having fun its worth it. if you’re not it’s not.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

how on earth do i order food in a restaurant? every time i try, kiryu tells me that he is too full.

trying not to let this darts hustler get me down. i'm going to take his yen yet.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

how on earth do i order food in a restaurant? every time i try, kiryu tells me that he is too full.

trying not to let this darts hustler get me down. i'm going to take his yen yet.

cant eat with full hp

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

you can't eat at max health at the start, there's an upgrade that lets you eat as much food as you want though

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

you can't eat at max health at the start, there's an upgrade that lets you eat as much food as you want though

ah, okay. guess i'll have to wait for that or get punched if i want to start clearing menus...

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I'm starting to think Bicyclops hasn't gotten to Majima yet.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

I'm starting to think Bicyclops hasn't gotten to Majima yet.

theres too much bowling to do

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i still haven't advanced the story beyond the first time you go to your apartment because i've been too busy doing disco battles, darts, old sega games, befriending mushroom salesmen, etc. my completion rate is already 15

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

i still haven't advanced the story beyond the first time you go to your apartment because i've been too busy doing disco battles, darts, old sega games, befriending mushroom salesmen, etc. my completion rate is already 15

you still have much more to do lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

you still have much more to do lol

85 more, I'd say.

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt
took me about 10 hours to get lee his medicine

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

85 more, I'd say.

Lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

wandered into a mahjong parlor and i feel like someone who has never picked up a chess board wandering into a scene from The Queen's Gambit

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Bicyclops posted:

wandered into a mahjong parlor and i feel like someone who has never picked up a chess board wandering into a scene from The Queen's Gambit

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3869069&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
mahjong ftw

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

When I first met the shogi player he asked for my level of experience with the game and when I told him I was a beginner he said “okay, then I’ll try to play like a beginner too!” and then completely demolished me in a minute and a half

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
I’ve been trying to start yakuza 0 for like 3 years now, I only got to like chapter 5 in that time but last few weeks it finally sunk its claws in and I’m on chapter 9 now. Such a great game so far and like someone else said a few posts ago I’m having fun shaking down Mr. Shakedown, who is a little bitch.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Yakuza ftw

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I keep getting distracted by other stuff but I started Yakuza 4 a while back. Akiyama is cool but it feels weird to play a Yakuza game where you don't start out as my boy Kiryu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

When I first met the shogi player he asked for my level of experience with the game and when I told him I was a beginner he said “okay, then I’ll try to play like a beginner too!” and then completely demolished me in a minute and a half

lol

at least with shogi i sort of understood what i was doing because i have a very basic, rudimentary understanding of chess. you can also get away with only sort of playing beginners because i THINK they only completion points involve winning like five games.

with mahjong i feel like i'm going to be buying tiles and trying to rope my friends into it before i'm done. i also still have to figure out pool and the batting cages. i'm afraid for karaoke