Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

explosivo posted:

I need to get on those. I haven't listened to a commentary because I'm lazy and don't want to sync it up with the movie.
After I tried and failed to do Die Hard with the commentary and movie together I've discovered the commentaries are best when you watch the movie right before listening or if it's a movie you know by heart and then you just listen to the guys experience it.

For Twilight, Cats, Sucker Punch etc, I couldn't bring myself to watch those so I just listen to them and their reactions make it better in my imagination than the actual experience ever could be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Goddamn, I just finished the Karate Kid 2 episode and I forgot how much the guys hate Daniel LaRusso. Makes me want a Melro210-style commentary on the Cobra Kai series.

Yarrington
Jun 13, 2002

While I will admit to a certain cynicism, I am a nay-sayer and hatchet man in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I'll gladly take another.
I would recommend at least trying the pilots for 90210 and Melrose if you aren't familiar with the shows. Following the casts of characters blind was hard for me, and you also really need to at least see a few Billy faces to get the most out of the hatred

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Yarrington posted:

I would recommend at least trying the pilots for 90210 and Melrose if you aren't familiar with the shows. Following the casts of characters blind was hard for me, and you also really need to at least see a few Billy faces to get the most out of the hatred

I made my roommate watch the commentary episode with me, now I can just say "gee Allison" and she laughs her rear end off

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I have all 34 episodes downloaded on my phone, it's just a matter of starting them :v:

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Yarrington posted:

I don't actually want to watch Melrose because the mental image I have of Billy is perfect and I don't want it to change.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

B-Rock452 posted:

I don't actually want to watch Melrose because the mental image I have of Billy is perfect and I don't want it to change.

:same:

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

“I shall become what I fear most:a shoe!” from today’s episode had me rolling

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

drat that PS I Love You episode is hilarious.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

explosivo posted:

Masters of Karaoke got me

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Once again the boys make up a show that I desperately wish was real.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Crowetron posted:

Once again the boys make up a show that I desperately wish was real.

:same:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Yeah, the whole episode was great, but my god, this bit was gold.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

explosivo posted:

Ach! I slipped on some chili at Wendy's!

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

explosivo posted:

ACH!!! I SLIPPED ON SOME CHILI AT WENDY'S!!!!

Their goddamn Gerard Butler impression, I swear.

E: Goddamnit, beaten with the EXACT SAME LINE.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Coheed and Camembert posted:

Ach! I slipped on some chili at Wendy's!

Th- tha’s mah Baconator...

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The boys continue to be baffled by the existence of the chili. I don't buy it, but there's clearly an audience for it.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Wendy's chili is fine. There's times where I'm way too lazy to make chili so I'll get a family order and it's enough for a few days.

edit: And I need to listen that episode. PS I Love You is one of the mrs. favorite movies so I've seen it...several times. It's so loving dumb

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Tato posted:

The boys continue to be baffled by the existence of the chili. I don't buy it, but there's clearly an audience for it.

Chili and the baked potato were definitely ways to make yourself feel healthier while still eating Wendy's.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Tato posted:

It's my understanding that the meat in the chili is made of the defective burgers

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Reminder that the request month drawing is today at 5:30 pm EST on the WHM youtube.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I rewatched Falling Down the other day and now I wish I had before the LRM deadline - I think that movie would make an amazing episode, and I honestly don't know whether I'd call it a WHM or WLM.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Listener request month drawing is up live on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9DBWFhr7N4

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Listener Request Month picks

Week 1 - Warriors of Virtue
Week 2 - The Pest
Week 3 - Double Team
Week 4 - Vertical Limit
Week 5 - Poltergeist 2
Animation Damnation - Transformers: Carnage in C Minor
Gleep Glossary - Hohass Ekwesh
The Nexus - TNG: Relics, TNG: Schisms
WLM - Goodfellas

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Rageaholic posted:

WLM - Goodfellas
gently caress yes.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Rageaholic posted:

Week 2 - The Pest
Week 3 - Double Team
Week 4 - Vertical Limit
Week 5 - Poltergeist 2
WLM - Goodfellas

drat. That is a good rear end list.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Hey folks maybe set a loud flashing alarm or establish some sort of pyrotechnic-based reminder for March 9th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAB8dNMoXZ0

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Rageaholic posted:

Week 2 - The Pest
Week 3 - Double Team
Week 4 - Vertical Limit
Week 5 - Poltergeist 2
WLM - Goodfellas

That's a great spread. A movie that completely doesn't exist, a 90s comedy, an action movie with Dennis Rodman, a Chris O'Donnell action movie, and a sequel to a big blockbuster. Love it.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Hell yeah, Double Team. Movie is loving terrible yet utterly bonkers.

Also, WHM crew is going to get Schizm’d *cue intro to Ice T’s Colors*

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Wait, didn't they already do Double Team? I could have sworn they did something with Rodman in it ages ago.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Evil Mastermind posted:

Wait, didn't they already do Double Team? I could have sworn they did something with Rodman in it ages ago.

No, they did Double IMPACT, which also starred Van Damme. Dunno if they did anything with Rodman though (did he even do movies other than Double Team?)

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Feb 13, 2021

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Out of all of those I've only seen Goodfellas, so most of these will be new to me :allears:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

I loving love Double Team. It’s terrible, but awesome. I’d recommend watching it before the episode on it. It’s a weird JCVD movie with Rodman, with a halfway decent kinda The Prisoner adaption shoved in the middle.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

AceOfFlames posted:

No, they did Double IMPACT, which also starred Van Damme. Dunno if they did anything with Rodman though (did he even do movies other than Double Team?)
I wonder what movie I'm thinking of then; I could have sworn they did another movie with Rodman in it.

And according to his IMDB, he's got 29 acting credits and it looks like maybe 3/4 of them are TV appearances. So he was actually in more than one movie.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

GET YOUR OWN GODDAM MAAAAAN

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

AceOfFlames posted:

According to Wikipedia, Rodman also starred in 1999's Simon Sez with Dane Cook, where Rodman plays an Interpol agent, and 2000's Cutaway, a movie about skydiving that also stars Tom Berenger and Stephen Baldwin. :allears:

AceOfFlames posted:

Also, WHM crew is going to get Schizm’d *cue intro to Ice T’s Colors*

Schishsms :hf:

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Rageaholic posted:

Week 2 - The Pest
Week 3 - Double Team
Week 4 - Vertical Limit
Week 5 - Poltergeist 2
WLM - Goodfellas

It's beautiful.

Henker
May 5, 2009

The Gleep Glossary pick is great because the character can only be described as "horse X-wing pilot".

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
RUNT!

I’m hyped about horse pilot.
I’m sad we still aren’t getting Enterprise but those picks should still make for a good Nexus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I saw both Warriors of Virtue and Vertical Limit as a kid. The former I remember like I remember a fever dream, and the latter I remember as having a high body count so both should be fun