Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
remember that 1001 page thread that never made it to page 2
me neither

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
31 pages! We are doing it!

I just had a frozen tamale for lunch. I mean, I nuked it first and put some hot sauce on it. I did not eat it frozen. I am not a total weirdo. It was a pork tamale. I liked it.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Internetjack posted:

I just had a frozen tamale for lunch. I mean, I nuked it first and put some hot sauce on it. I did not eat it frozen. I am not a total weirdo. It was a pork tamale. I liked it.

I like the ones from Costco. Pretty decent in terms of refrigerated/frozen tamales

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I like the ones from Costco. Pretty decent in terms of refrigerated/frozen tamales

Yeah, I got some from the local grocery. Surprisingly good. Crumbly corn meal exterior or whatever it is, with shredded pork inside. I've eaten a lot of legit Mexican food over the years, and for a frozen product, I was all "hey this is pretty dang good". Just saw them walking through frozen foods the other week, and I was "drat, its been a while since I've had a tamale". Not disappointed at all.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

3.1% of the way team, heeeeellllll yeeeeeeeaaaaaaa

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
If my investments grew at this rate, I would have 300 pounds by the end of the decade.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Jakabite posted:

If my investments grew at this rate, I would have 300 pounds by the end of the decade.

We can only go up uP UP!!!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Aaaand I think I've indulged myself in this portion of the scene long enough. I'm gonna re-do the banners, then the hard stuff begins.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Internetjack posted:

Tamales freeze really well. I've had homemade ones from frozen and they're still really good

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
theres no thread in shsc about video encoding even though it is impossible to wade through the mounds of mixed current and obsolete instructions on other sites. anyone good at this poo poo?

attempts at configuring an nlmeans filter to deal with some heavy dancing pixel source material is currently at
y-strength=3:y-origin-tune=0.2:y-patch-size=9:y-range=9:y-frame-count=6:y-prefilter=0:
cb-strength=3:cb-origin-tune=0.2:cb-patch-size=9:cb-range=9:cb-frame-count=6:cb-prefilter=0

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
this guy really freakin loves his poop facts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmiowRlk8Xc&t=307s

a starchy tuber
Sep 9, 2002

hi yes I'm very normal
e: wrong f'in thread

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

promising carl posted:

e: wrong f'in thread

This is always the right thread.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Jakabite posted:

Lloyds writing to me (despite me opting into paperless) to tell me I had gained 3p interest is probably the best thing to happen to me so far in 2021

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

And now that I think about it, that's my only income this year too

Lol 😩

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

gary oldmans diary posted:

theres no thread in shsc about video encoding even though it is impossible to wade through the mounds of mixed current and obsolete instructions on other sites. anyone good at this poo poo?

attempts at configuring an nlmeans filter to deal with some heavy dancing pixel source material is currently at
y-strength=3:y-origin-tune=0.2:y-patch-size=9:y-range=9:y-frame-count=6:y-prefilter=0:
cb-strength=3:cb-origin-tune=0.2:cb-patch-size=9:cb-range=9:cb-frame-count=6:cb-prefilter=0

son of a bitch theres a pixel-wide border around the entire denoised video

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

son of a bitch theres a pixel-wide border around the entire denoised video

Crop the video by a margin of one pixel on all edges!

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
im afraid the only solutions im considering are going to demand that i get good at this to some extent :ohdear:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

im afraid the only solutions im considering are going to demand that i get good at this to some extent :ohdear:

Go get em, Tiger! And remember:

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
if you lived with a dog and a cat would the cat be the dogs pet or would the dog be the cats pet

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

if you lived with a dog and a cat would the cat be the dogs pet or would the dog be the cats pet

I would be the pet to both of them.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

The cat owns the dog and the dog owns you but also the cat owns you.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Mass hysteria. That's what you get with cats and dogs living together.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
yes its true. these pets have no balls

well thats what i heard!

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Ratjaculation posted:

Lloyds writing to me (despite me opting into paperless) to tell me I had gained 3p interest is probably the best thing to happen to me so far in 2021

Hey, less of that, Britain's open for business, buddy! Sell that piece of paper, or use it to craft a new product and thus create value!

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Jakabite posted:

Hey, less of that, Britain's open for business, buddy! Sell that piece of paper, or use it to craft a new product and thus create value!

VAT on crafted value = 4 pence

e: I really should have tried to wrap that into some existing forum chestnut, or make it a tongue-in-cheek meme of some sort, but I just got finished moving and I am tired.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Internetjack posted:

I spent the last few years talking care of my parents. They both died recently, and I decided to just stay in thier house since it's mine now, while I go thru a lifetime of thier things and do repairs on the house in case I want to sell. I'm alone here. Haven't even seen most of my friends in months.

I eat frozen meals because cooking is too much effort.

Sometimes after a long back breaking day at work, I'll come home to the empty house where I once had a family, and just eat a pizza or burrito or toaster strudel straight from the freezer because I see no point in waiting for it to cook. My main accomplishments most days is turning oxygen into carbon dioxide and food into poo poo, and I can do that just fine regardless of whether it's cooked. I will say the toaster strudel is very good cold. I'll eat a whole box plain and then suck the icing pouches directly into my mouth.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
you know it will be ok because theres only 969 pages left

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop
Winter temperatures anyone? I had 7F, -13C this morning.
Thankfully I remembered to load up the wood burning stove last night, and pull in a whole other load of firewood before going to sleep. Got the house all nice and warm again quickly this AM.
Its suppose to be colder tonight.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop

WorldsStongestNerd posted:

I spent the last few years talking care of my parents. They both died recently, and I decided to just stay in thier house since it's mine now, while I go thru a lifetime of thier things and do repairs on the house in case I want to sell. I'm alone here. Haven't even seen most of my friends in months.

Sometimes after a long back breaking day at work, I'll come home to the empty house where I once had a family, and just eat a pizza or burrito or toaster strudel straight from the freezer because I see no point in waiting for it to cook. My main accomplishments most days is turning oxygen into carbon dioxide and food into poo poo, and I can do that just fine regardless of whether it's cooked. I will say the toaster strudel is very good cold. I'll eat a whole box plain and then suck the icing pouches directly into my mouth.

That is tough, losing family and being isolated. Take care, enjoy some sunshine when you can, and for god's sake use a microwave for even 10 seconds.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

WorldsStongestNerd posted:

drat that sounds rough. Its definitely difficult to break free of the poo poo cycle, especially since its not possible to really be around others. Only thing I can suggest is just to find at least one thing each week that you look forward to doing. I did a few eating challenges over zoom with some of my friends and even though it was really stupid, even that kind of socialization helps a little bit. Hang in there goon.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Another chat thread started a jackbox night, maybe something like that would be good for folk to talk to whilst eating frozen pizza

Ratjaculation fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Feb 11, 2021

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop
Bears are a favorite. Don't see them too often, but when I do I get all excited cause they are pretty and neat, and then realize it could probably kill me if it wanted to. Fun stuff.

Seen a couple beautiful coyotes recently, just healthy coats, looking solid.

Also saw two albino turkeys in a flock this last fall. Thought they were geese for a moment.

E: sea turtles too, just doing free diving with my brother. Just followed it as it coasted along. Looks back at us after a bit and pretty much lol'ed at us and shot off like a rocket.
Actually, anything underwater is pretty fascinating.

Internetjack fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Feb 11, 2021

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Internetjack posted:

Winter temperatures anyone? I had 7F, -13C this morning.
Thankfully I remembered to load up the wood burning stove last night, and pull in a whole other load of firewood before going to sleep. Got the house all nice and warm again quickly this AM.
Its suppose to be colder tonight.

We’re in the 20’s F right now but forecasted for 7F tomorrow morning with some more snow on Sunday.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Internetjack posted:

Bears are a favorite. Don't see them too often, but when I do I get all excited cause they are pretty and neat, and then realize it could probably kill me if it wanted to. Fun stuff.

Seen a couple beautiful coyotes recently, just healthy coats, looking solid.

Also saw two albino turkeys in a flock this last fall. Thought they were geese for a moment.

Sorry I saw the posts above and thought it wasn't the time so edited my message out

Now you look crazy ahahahahahahaha

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

But here:

I work in conservation and am a massive nerd for nature, but someone just asked me what my favourite animal is and I don't have a clue

Like, my favourite animal is my mum's dog but I haven't seen for a year now for play fights on the floor, nor her dog.

I also like Sirocco the Kākāpō, despite him being a sex pest, re: :parrot:

Species wise though, I don't know. Whale sharks are pretty cool I guess? Maybe sunfish?

What are yours goons?

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop

Ratjaculation posted:

Sorry I saw the posts above and thought it wasn't the time so edited my message out

Now you look crazy ahahahahahahaha

You got me good :)

Secret though I always look crazy!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
You've broken chronology. The timeline is distorted.

I'm calling the Time Police.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

And there's nothing you or anyone else can do about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

I'll.manipulate the time continuum all I want!