Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

This clickbait here got me. I had to find out what this was, couldn't help it. Clickbait is getting powerful

paternity suitor posted:

But Dwight is an excellent backup and gives them the defense they want from the backup big which lol Holmes is awful at. At least Dwight fouls while playing D, Holmes is like one step above Jah
Not anymore. He's good at defense now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Paperback Writer posted:

steph is playing at the top of his game right now

He’s balling out super hard. I’m curious about what happens with the Warriors next year, because they’ve got MVP level Steph and Klay coming back. How do you think they’ll try to upgrade?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Fast Luck posted:

This clickbait here got me. I had to find out what this was, couldn't help it. Clickbait is getting powerful

Not anymore. He's good at defense now.

Yeah hes gotten better on D.

IM trying to find his PNR numbers on d. THat was his old problem. He literally could not do it.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

the warriors are capped out; their best chance for improvement is packaging picks + oubre + wiggins for somebody or maybe basing a package around wiseman

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
They have that Timberwolves pick and those guys are pretty bad. What is it, top 2 or top 3 protected?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

NBA stats indicates Old Richaun is at the 2.5% percentile defending PNRS.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1359522423788470274?s=19

Reminder that there's some morning basketball to watch to avoid work this morning

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Declan MacManus posted:

the warriors are capped out; their best chance for improvement is packaging picks + oubre + wiggins for somebody or maybe basing a package around wiseman

Wiggins seems like he's turned a corner, at least looking at his stats. Can they even realistically upgrade him short of a Beal deal?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

morestuff posted:

Wiggins seems like he's turned a corner, at least looking at his stats. Can they even realistically upgrade him short of a Beal deal?

Stop this

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Metapod posted:

Stop this

I'm not saying he's great and they can't afford to lose him, just that he's scoring efficiently now and good wings are scarce

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Wiggins is playing better, he always looked better when he's a lower usage guy. I'm not sure its enough to make him more valuable for another team though.

mikeraskol posted:

They have that Timberwolves pick and those guys are pretty bad. What is it, top 2 or top 3 protected?

Top 3 protected. I think right now it's like a 70% chance of conveying.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Wiggins stats are nearly identical to every other bad year hes had.

my god hes only 25 ahhhhhhhhh

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pumping up that block percentage

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

euphronius posted:

Pumping up that block percentage

Lmao I was also going to remark how good Wiggs has looked overall but that is startling how consistent he's been

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

MourningView posted:

I mean The First Place Utah Jazz are clearly in a pretty good spot as it is but yeah one more big wing defender who can at least kinda shoot to take those Niang and Oni minutes is really the only thing they're missing

:haibrower:

The Jazz heaved 48 3 point attempts last night compared to 29 by the Celtics. They literally shot their way out of the game on volume alone.

Somewhat Heroic fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Feb 10, 2021

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

edit: nm

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

He’s balling out super hard. I’m curious about what happens with the Warriors next year, because they’ve got MVP level Steph and Klay coming back. How do you think they’ll try to upgrade?

They have almost no path to improving the team. They have 3 real options:

1) use picks + oubre's salary to trade for someone this year before the deadline
2) trade Wiggins for value (lol)
3) Trade Weisman + salary for vets

2 and 3 are pretty long shots, but 1 probably can happen.

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Take your Thralls and dive back into the depths! Give us the meat and GO!
Grimey Drawer

Paul Zuvella posted:

They have almost no path to improving the team. They have 3 real options:

1) use picks + oubre's salary to trade for someone this year before the deadline
2) trade Wiggins for value (lol)
3) Trade Weisman + salary for vets

2 and 3 are pretty long shots, but 1 probably can happen.

I'm with you one 1 being the most likely.

Along with trading Oubre their best bet for improving next season:

1a) Develop Wiseman
1b) Pray that Klay comes back as more than a shell of his former self.

Durant and Wall should give them some hope for what Klay might be playing like by next season's play offs.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Is light years ahead the type of owner to trade an asset to get out from the lux tax?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Somewhat Heroic posted:

:haibrower:

The Jazz heaved 48 3 point attempts last night compared to 29 by the Celtics. They literally shot their way out of the game on volume alone.

the entire offense is either deep bombs or rudy dunking it rules

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

euphronius posted:

Wiggins stats are nearly identical to every other bad year hes had.

my god hes only 25 ahhhhhhhhh

TS% is a really important stat and being 5% higher than his last year in MN is a pretty big deal.

There's a big value difference between someone shooting under 50% TS and 55+. It's not that he's a different player entirely (which is why I said the value for other teams is a lot more limited) but it's a big step up.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
https://twitter.com/NBAOfficial/status/1359541423327105028?s=20

lmao

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

MourningView posted:

the entire offense is either deep bombs or rudy dunking it rules

Congrats to the Jazz on becoming the Dwight Howard era Rockets, I guess.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

There were two minutes left in a blowout and Borrego still challenged that call out of principle

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Hand Knit posted:

Congrats to the Jazz on becoming the Dwight Howard era Rockets, I guess.

They also play defense.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Rick posted:

They also play defense.

That would make them the magic era of Howard s career.

Don’t sign Rashard Lewis if it comes up I guess

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Mavs facebook page is getting spammed by a bunch of idiots. The Mavs facebook page fought back.

Suddenly, this season rules.

(all of these posts and responses are on the newest post on their FB page, a random Luka post.)

I've never been more proud to be a Mavs fan.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Feb 10, 2021

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

morestuff posted:

There were two minutes left in a blowout and Borrego still challenged that call out of principle

They gave Toronto the call? Jesus.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Spacebump posted:

Mavs facebook page is getting spammed by a bunch of idiots. The Mavs facebook page fought back.

Suddenly, this season rules.

(all of these posts and responses are on the newest post on their FB page, a random Luka post.)

I've never been more proud to be a Mavs fan.

Lol, that’s hilarious. Next time you Dust Cuban, let him know the SAS NBA thread approves

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1359577291760627713?s=20

adam silver sucks

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Agreed, Adam Silver does suck.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

he coasts by so much on just not being roger goodell lol

playing the anthem sucks anyway but playing it in a loving empty arena where no one will even see it is insanely stupid

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

CharlestheHammer posted:

That would make them the magic era of Howard s career.

Don’t sign Rashard Lewis if it comes up I guess

drat Magic era Rashard would be really really good on that Jazz team. At their pace he'd be going for 20+ on 40% from 3 and he was a legit 6'10" who could bully a lot of modern pfs.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

This league needs to figure out if they’re going to be a force for change or NFL Lite.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

DeimosRising posted:

drat Magic era Rashard would be really really good on that Jazz team. At their pace he'd be going for 20+ on 40% from 3 and he was a legit 6'10" who could bully a lot of modern pfs.

Rashard could actually hold his own on defense while on steroids yeah

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

NickRoweFillea posted:

Lol, that’s hilarious. Next time you Dust Cuban, let him know the SAS NBA thread approves
People stanning Cuban have really short memories.
https://twitter.com/MarlowNYC/status/801266658102935553?s=19

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I don't understand why the league is trying to appease people that will never watch.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1359581486937088000?s=20

cubes really put up a fight

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
"And performing our national anthem, please welcome Sunn 0)))" [two hour drone begins]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Fox is probably my favorite non-Nuggets player. He's so awesome.