Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the pringles dill pickle flavor tastes like dill pickles

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

The potat.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

bruce mcculloch posted:

I did all my acid in Grade 8
That was the old days, when acid had names
Flavors, as it were
Windowpane, Orange Sunshine
But then things shifted
Acid stopped having names
And chips became flavored
That's progress?
I can remember a time when you can get Orange Sunshine
Windowpane, or Purple Microdot
But the only chips you can get are plain
Or, in some stores, rippled

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

i say swears online posted:

the pringles dill pickle flavor tastes like dill pickles
dill flavor is the truth but it's goddamn pulling teeth to convince people to try it.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
I'm not a huge potato chip haver, but Zapp's Voodoo is the best flavor dust.

These things are the only "regular" potato chip (just salt) that I like on their own.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

I friended for these so bad when I moved to the South

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

WITCHCRAFT posted:

These things are the only "regular" potato chip (just salt) that I like on their own.

These look interesting. Terra Blues are all right, the novelty kinda wore off though.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
They taste deeply of potato chip.

I savor every little morsel that I pick out of my teeth for the half hour after eating some.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

:hmmyes:

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Zapp's has a weird tendency to pop up once or twice a year in my local grocery store or 7-Eleven and I always make sure to grab as many voodoos as I can.

There's also a potato stick version. They are not good.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

SuppressdPuberty93 posted:

bow to you sensei

This is definitely a top 5 potato chip, that's for sure.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I'm a pretty equal-opportunity chip eater. My only exceptions (that I know of) are:

-salt & vinegar
-sour cream & onion
-BBQ
-Pringles

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

YeahTubaMike posted:

I'm a pretty equal-opportunity chip eater.

:thunkher:

I do not think this means what you think it means

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Thread was over before it started. Zapp's Voodoo is the correct answer. There are a million others that are good and I'd eat my weight in most of them, but line em all up on a shelf I'm grabbin them Zapps

iroguebot
Feb 15, 2001

Nerf this!

hi i work for frito lay as a stocker in texas, ama.

im just glad i made it through the first big push of the year, superbowl sunday, and have it somewhat normal until memorial day comes around.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

iroguebot posted:

hi i work for frito lay as a stocker in texas, ama.

im just glad i made it through the first big push of the year, superbowl sunday, and have it somewhat normal until memorial day comes around.

Do you get free chips

iroguebot
Feb 15, 2001

Nerf this!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Do you get free chips

I hear occasionally about the plant workers getting free chips all the time, but in my situation as soon as the product is unloaded off the truck it's basically store inventory and any product that's expired or defected has to be thrown away in the trash.

Stores also throw away so much food it'd probably make most people angry, my previous job working at Walmart the ladies at the end of the shift in deli were throwing away perfectly good deli roasted chickens every night, like 10 at the end of every shift.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back
bbq flavored pringles are oddly tasty, despite pringles in general being mediocre

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Vizuyos posted:

bbq flavored pringles are oddly tasty, despite pringles in general being mediocre

eating some bbq "Stax" right now, the lays knockoff. they're aight

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Walmart also has a knockoff Pringles. I've tried them before and they feel greasy.

Pringles does a good job with their gimmick flavors. Last time I had some I bought the onion ring variety and they definitely tasted like onion rings.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I really like some of the pringles flavors, but unfortunately the proper serving size is One Tube so I don't buy them very often.

i also almost solely eat em in little stacks of 2-3. the multi chip crunch is a must

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lays stax suck rear end, pringles are the only good tubechip

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Pringles are both bad and good simultaneously somehow.

Cape Cod chips are just good.

Gregoire
Feb 3, 2014
Utz Crab Chips with the Old Bay seasoning are the firemost.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Zapp's has a flavor called Evil Eye. I don't know how new it is, but I've only seen it in stores recently. They're a similar flavor to Voodoo, but with a very subtle heat to it. Very good stuff, worth tracking down if you like Zapp's chips.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

The "new" Doritos 3D are the same poo poo they've been doing since 1999, but with worse flavors. "Spicy Ranch" and "Chili Cheese Nacho"

For some reason I thought it would be a new version of it, but nope. It's the same bugles sorta thing.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Nipponophile posted:

Zapp's has a flavor called Evil Eye. I don't know how new it is, but I've only seen it in stores recently. They're a similar flavor to Voodoo, but with a very subtle heat to it. Very good stuff, worth tracking down if you like Zapp's chips.

They’re basically sweet heat chips that have existed forever, at least down south.

Glad the Voodoo chips are getting the recognition it deserves for being a great chip :angel:

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Nipponophile posted:

They're far sweeter than voodoo flavor, I couldn't even finish a bag

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Potbelly sandwich shops are a reliable hookup for Zapps in the mid-Atlantic.

I have to plug these guys though, a favorite from childhood:

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
How are the two 8" measures not the same size???

Is this an optical chip illusion???

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"

These will leave honest-to-God acid burns on your lips and in your mouth with their salty, vinegary goodness if you eat too many. And you will absolutely not care because they're so drat tasty.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Crusty Nutsack posted:

:thunkher:

I do not think this means what you think it means

I'm worried about what I might have implied.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Midjack posted:

Potbelly sandwich shops are a reliable hookup for Zapps in the mid-Atlantic.

I have to plug these guys though, a favorite from childhood:

Aw poo poo haven't thought about them forever

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
The Rotisserie Chicken Pringles aren’t awful, but the flavor is more “general savory” rather than chicken-y

https://i.imgur.com/xuXBTA4.mp4

THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY MASTER SIGSMITH Literally A Person

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

YeahTubaMike posted:

I'm worried about what I might have implied.

I don't think it was that anything was implied, just that you said you are an equal opportunity chip eater then listed off a bunch of types of chips you don't like.

Also kettle cooked whatever are the best chips!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Twenty Four posted:

I don't think it was that anything was implied, just that you said you are an equal opportunity chip eater then listed off a bunch of types of chips you don't like.

That was only four types, in a WORLD of chip varieties! :colbert:

quote:

Also kettle cooked whatever are the best chips!

Accurate.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
dunno about best per se but the fritos twists are much more voluminous per bag. id wager u get 2-3x more chip content measured by weight and caloric density than say lays for example. dont sleep on these twists when looking for a more substantial snack on a budget & @ a run down bodega.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Smythe posted:

dunno about best per se but the fritos twists are much more voluminous per bag. id wager u get 2-3x more chip content measured by weight and caloric density than say lays for example. dont sleep on these twists when looking for a more substantial snack on a budget & @ a run down bodega.

I crave the honey BBQ twists like once every 3 years. It's a lot of snack in that there bag!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

WITCHCRAFT posted:

I crave the honey BBQ twists like once every 3 years. It's a lot of snack in that there bag!

yep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

I always regret how hard I go on those things, but, drat. They’re so good.