Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

...of SCIENCE! posted:

That weird cadre of concern trolls that pop up every time Lena Dunham does anything ever still exist. Trying to spin a recording of an actual thing high school science classes do into gleefully forcing weeping children to mutilate animals against their wills fits right in with the brain geniuses that tried to accuse her of raping her little sister because she talked about seeing her naked once when they were kids.

Lmfao this has nothing to do with Lena Dunham and everything to do with having real corpses of a species thought of as a beloved pet used as a prop in a tv show when it's trivially easy to fake such things using any number of special effects.

It's good that they warned everyone and released the extras with full pay but it's still a completely weird and offputting call in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I have avatars turned off (work filter blocks em) so thanks for the heads up.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Escobarbarian posted:

Making students dissect an animal they are more likely to have as a beloved pet at home just seems awful and cruel. idk why American schools are so obsessed with dissection anyway

Also a reminder to everyone who maybe doesn’t see the avatar that of Science is Guy Mann/Sleeveless, so you can safety ignore anything they post.

Ohhhhh.

E: We had to dissect a pig heart in bio class and that poo poo is incredibly tough to cut through.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Feb 10, 2021

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

We never dissected anything in Danish schools and I don't think it would be particularly useful for anyone to go through that exercise.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I guess we can tell who the biology majors were.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ditzkoff/status/1359541198248148996

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Clone High has the potential to be my favorite revival of all if they nail it, which I'm pretty sure they will.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
WAY WAY BACK IN THE 2020S

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
yeah I'm pretty sure using cats has been phased out over the past like 20 years at least. Mine did an octopus iirc.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I had to laugh at the TVLine article

quote:

Like the original, the new Clone High will follow historical figures — such as Abraham Lincoln, Cleopatra, Joan of Arc and John F. Kennedy — who have been cloned and placed back in high school.

Yeah those are definitely the 4 main characters and nobody has been missed out!

Super intrigued what they'll do though for sure. Naturally, Gandhi cannot come back in his original form (I liked the possible s2 reveal he was actually a Gary Coleman clone afterall) but will they redo everything from scratch or followup the cliffhanger etc. Dammit, I want details now...

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

EL BROMANCE posted:

I had to laugh at the TVLine article

Yeah those are definitely the 4 main characters and nobody has been missed out!

Super intrigued what they'll do though for sure. Naturally, Gandhi cannot come back in his original form (I liked the possible s2 reveal he was actually a Gary Coleman clone afterall) but will they redo everything from scratch or followup the cliffhanger etc. Dammit, I want details now...

Can't wait to see my boy Ponce de Leon back on the screen.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Can we get a teacher named Elvis played by Bruce Campbell?

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

yeah I'm pretty sure using cats has been phased out over the past like 20 years at least. Mine did an octopus iirc.

I've never known anyone who had to dissect a cat except in literal veterinary university

Dissecting the pig and shark didn't bother me at all except the smell. The lack of blood and stuff made it seem like not a big deal

Oddly enough the thought of dissecting a worm freaks me out though. God I hate worms

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m sure Servant wasn’t quite this comedic in season 1 but either way it really works for the show. It’s much better when it’s playing up how ridiculous it all is and Lauren Ambrose is incredible at playing up the absurdity.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Talking of Servant and dissection, those eel shots in season 1, total nightmare fuel

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

We did frogs in high school and a pig heart in gen ed college. In both cases I thought they were super gross at first but kind of cool once you start opening it up you kind of stop seeing an animal and just a collection of parts. It's like... we're all the same.

Never even heard of dissecting a cat before that sounds horrific. I think serial killers open up cats when they are children.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Mu Zeta posted:

I think serial killers open up cats when they are children.

One thing I learned in uni was that, as much as that's a cliché, it's also very true

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/THR/status/1359509971445166084

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Ron Moore is going to be doing Swiss Family Robinson... if that's what he wants to do that's fine but drat I think Disney has a bunch of sci-fi/fantasy stuff Ron Moore could revive.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/allcharisma/status/1359537752853807105?s=21

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I was just gonna say. Feels like a lot of people have known forever, but the specificity here is sickening. Whatta monster.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Lotta places reporting next season of Ted Lasso will be 12 episodes vs 10 in the first "because the story needed it". More Lasso the better!

https://collider.com/ted-lasso-season-2-how-many-episodes/

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Whedon hasn't made anything worthwhile for awhile so it's not a huge loss for him to be rightfully forced out of the creative space.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm waiting for him to go full Kevin Sorbo

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Buffy reunion interview from Entertainment Weekly was pretty telling. He was backstage for everything except some photos.

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
I’ve re-watched a little Buffy since all the poo poo came out about shitface Whedon, and it doesn’t hold up well at all given what we know. It’s pretty effing creepy actually.

So glad I passed on getting one of those “Whedon is my master now” t-shirts back in the mid-00’s.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I watched and enjoyed all of Buffy when I was 13 and it had just ended but I’ve never had even a little bit of interest in rewatching it. Same with Firefly - the movie’s pretty good, but the show has always been hugely overrated (although I always liked Serenity more than most people seem to).

Uhhhh I think this was leading to a point but I forgot it so now it’s just a post with some of my Whedon opinions in it!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

His Avengers isn't good and a large portion of it looks like a TV show. Meanwhile Ultron looked super expensive but the story became boring.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I really like Avengers 1 but that’s largely due to the fact that I essentially view it as a really expensive dumb B-movie and I think it accomplishes that really well, and it’s probably the thing his quip style was most suitable for

No excuse for the cinematography, though

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

If anything, this will make future viewings of Dollhouse that much better. Like a fully immersive, AR experience.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Escobarbarian posted:

I really like Avengers 1 but that’s largely due to the fact that I essentially view it as a really expensive dumb B-movie and I think it accomplishes that really well, and it’s probably the thing his quip style was most suitable for

No excuse for the cinematography, though

I liked the Avengers 1 mostly because it was the start of a really good day for me. I rolled up to the theater and Avengers in 3D was the next movie to start, and the day ended with making out with a rando at the bar.

I do think it probably deserves some credit for being the first of the marvel team up movies, something people had been suspecting for a while, and before we got the oversaturation we have now, so it was really novel at the time.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/mindykaling/status/1359625108369776642?s=21

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1359574818031620097

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Geekslinger posted:

Back when Deadwood was in broadcast both he and Earl Brown (played Dan at The Gem) were pretty active in the HBO forums for the show. Garret Dillahunt even showed up occasionally. They all had some really good stories about the shooting the show and their favorite scenes.

I'm watching Raising Hope for the first time, and there's a scene where Dillahunt wakes from an anaesthetic and does the one eye half closed thing of Jack from Deadwood and fires off a line about Wild Bill from a poker game. It was brilliant, Dillahunt is brilliant, and Raising Hope is brilliant.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

That tweet is really not that interesting without the mentioned gif. Also I have no clue who this woman is.
Some woman wrote an Office episode and someone made a gif out of a scene from it.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Mrenda posted:

I'm watching Raising Hope for the first time, and there's a scene where Dillahunt wakes from an anaesthetic and does the one eye half closed thing of Jack from Deadwood and fires off a line about Wild Bill from a poker game. It was brilliant, Dillahunt is brilliant, and Raising Hope is brilliant.

Yessssss Raising Hope is fantastic.

Burt and Virginia are the best couple and Maw-Maw is fuckin wild.

Has Burt wore his "I'd rather be in Virginia" t-shirt yet?

Both Martha Plimpton and Dillahunt look like they're having a blast in their roles.

I really need to watch Deadwood

isaboo fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Feb 11, 2021

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

isaboo posted:

Yessssss Raising Hope is fantastic.

Burt and Virginia are the best couple and Maw-Maw is fuckin wild.

Has Burt wore his "I'd rather be in Virginia" t-shirt yet?

Both Martha Plimpton and Dillahunt look like they're having a blast in their roles.

I think he has, I remember a vague reference to it, but there's just so much going on that I instantly forget a lot. And you can really see as the seasons go on just how much fun Plimpton and Dillahunt are having because the episodes just give them so much scope to wild.

And literally just now I was thinking who Dillahunt reminded me of in his range (two characters in Deadwood? Two completely different characters, even) dealing with drama and comedy. And all I could come up with was Timothy Olyphant, so god bless Deadwood even if I can never get past mid-way Season 2 (it just stops having the small funny moments.)

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

cant cook creole bream posted:

That tweet is really not that interesting without the mentioned gif. Also I have no clue who this woman is.
Some woman wrote an Office episode and someone made a gif out of a scene from it.

While I agree the GIF tweet being deleted I'm not sure what the context is, but you can't really come into the TV forum and say you've never heard of Mindy Kaling, someone who had a show on primetime network TV for years with her name in the title.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Mrenda posted:

He really is one of the greatest actors of our time. I want to fall in love with a girl named Virginia so I can get a "I'm in Virginia" shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

EL BROMANCE posted:

While I agree the GIF tweet being deleted I'm not sure what the context is, but you can't really come into the TV forum and say you've never heard of Mindy Kaling, someone who had a show on primetime network TV for years with her name in the title.

I'm not too sure Mindy Kaling's show really travelled. Just from looking on wikipedia it seems to have been on smaller stations outside of the US. I only know it from daytime channel flicking years ago.