Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

A tearful Buffalo Police Chief Pat Budke says there is "no information that leads us to believe there's a nexus to domestic terrorism," noting that: "We're very familiar with the suspect."

The suspect has been identified as 67-year-old Gregory Ulrich, who is "known" to local police.
This domestic terrorism has no link to domestic terrorism!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

wow, look at all these lone wolves!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
the word stochastic floats to mind, unbidden

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

mystes posted:

This domestic terrorism has no link to domestic terrorism!

by observing the skin tone of the suspect, it's easy to see that no terrorism has occurred here

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Hell yeah, the era of investors waiving inspections on purchases to gently caress over mortgage seekers has made it to Pittsburgh and it's real cool and good

https://old.reddit.com/r/pittsburgh/comments/lg6l2v/a_housing_boom_is_sweeping_us_cities_that_arent/

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

lol at the idea of hot or desirable neighborhoods in pittsburgh, pennsylvanian

Apr 7, 2003

We can tell it's a great city because you're not here.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
I had to take my wife to a surgery in Manhattan the other day, and on the way back we saw a giant billboard advertising Ohio as a cheap COL state to move to now that everyone is WFH, and it was just super hilarious to me. (And not wrong, but I have zero desire to move back)

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Hell yeah, the era of investors waiving inspections on purchases to gently caress over mortgage seekers has made it to Pittsburgh and it's real cool and good

https://old.reddit.com/r/pittsburgh/comments/lg6l2v/a_housing_boom_is_sweeping_us_cities_that_arent/

i see this one coming from a mile away. one last kick in the nuts for our generation. when interest rates finally go back up these prices are going to collapse and a shitload of younger new home owners are going to be underwater

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

shoeberto posted:

I had to take my wife to a surgery in Manhattan the other day, and on the way back we saw a giant billboard advertising Ohio as a cheap COL state to move to now that everyone is WFH, and it was just super hilarious to me. (And not wrong, but I have zero desire to move back)

ohio's governor decided a massive ad blitz was what they needed rather than things that actually make it a desirable place to live

Apr 7, 2003

shoeberto posted:

You get what you pay for, and anyone who deliberately chooses to live in Ohio when they could live in Manhattan deserves Ohio.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

hey! I have family in Ohio!

:negative: and you’re totally right

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

shoeberto posted:

musk’s Mars colony is going to be all Ohioans wanting to beat jim lovell’s record

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

hobbesmaster posted:

musk’s Mars colony is going to be all Ohioans wanting to beat jim lovell’s record

my moms attempt at this was to move to Alaska

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

they're still doing the impeachment dog and pony show. i think it's great how he told the chud brigade to march down to congress, and that he'd be right there with them, and then he just got on a plane and left

Apr 7, 2003

They punted on doing anything when they didn't impeach by eod that Thursday.

The GOP knows they can attempt a coup all they want with zero repercussions, one will succeed eventually.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

hobbesmaster posted:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

We can tell it's a great city because you're not here.

lol

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
i loving hate the american health insurance system so much

Apr 7, 2003

American healthcare may kill a lot of people, but it also helps a lot of people get paid on time, so, it;s impossible to say if its bad or not,

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

American healthcare may kill a lot of people, but it also helps a lot of people get paid on time, so, it;s impossible to say if its bad or not,

I know this is imitating the @dril post but it's hilarious how quickly my last hospital stay was sent to collections despite having been discharged less than two weeks beforehand.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Target Track Jacket posted:

I know this is imitating the @dril post but it's hilarious how quickly my last hospital stay was sent to collections despite having been discharged less than two weeks beforehand.
You wouldn't want to deprive good american debt collection companies of their hard earned money by creating a universal healthcare system, now, would you?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
i have some medical debt in collections because the hospital didn't fill out the correct forms for my insurance and so they didn't get paid and then they sent it to collections! there is no way for me to fill out that form! hooray!

also now my medications aren't being filled because my insurance again isn't getting the right forms from my doctor! i also have no way to fill out those forms!

sure am glad i'm paying $300 a month for this

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

mystes posted:

You wouldn't want to deprive good american debt collection companies of their hard earned money by creating a universal healthcare system, now, would you?
         /

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
glad i live in Capitalist America where i have Choice and if a company is doing a Bad Job the Free Market will fix it haha just kidding i can't switch healthcare providers because it is chosen by my work lmao

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

shoeberto posted:

there's some billboards here advertising ohio's 0% state income tax that similarly made me laugh

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

you get what you pay for

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

PIZZA.BAT posted:

you get what you pay for

lol

signed, a washingtonian that formerly lived in florida that is viscerally aware of what a scam that poo poo is. love too have all kinds of infrastructure permanently underfunded

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Stereotype posted:

glad i live in Capitalist America where i have Choice and if a company is doing a Bad Job the Free Market will fix it haha just kidding i can't switch healthcare providers because it is chosen by my work lmao

whoa hey, look at mister "my work pays for my healthcare" over here

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Stereotype posted:

i have some medical debt in collections because the hospital didn't fill out the correct forms for my insurance and so they didn't get paid and then they sent it to collections! there is no way for me to fill out that form! hooray!

also now my medications aren't being filled because my insurance again isn't getting the right forms from my doctor! i also have no way to fill out those forms!

sure am glad i'm paying $300 a month for this

in theory you can actually request your medical records and fill out an insurance claim yourself

in theory

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

glass america

it's the only way to make it a safe country

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
posting this timestamped for tori lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjYt77yf9fI&t=787s

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
where's my homie crabcakes

Apr 7, 2003

Cool to see North America consumed by insane people

Apr 7, 2003

"Police investigated the neonazi attack but no one was ever charged"

shocker

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Cool to see North America consumed by North American people

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

"Police investigated the neonazi attack but no one was ever charged"

shocker

alberta!

Apr 7, 2003

I like how they dovetailed that immediately into completely insane quebec militant groups

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
can't wait to get merced by a soldier of odin for transitioning

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/crime/edmonton-police-hate-crime-unit-investigating-two-hate-motivated-assaults-against-muslim-women

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

I like how they dovetailed that immediately into completely insane quebec militant groups

no that's fair, gently caress quebec