Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the coolest, raddest demon lady in all the land?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 62 17.22%
Bowsette 40 11.11%
Bowsette 44 12.22%
Bowsette 39 10.83%
Bowsette 47 13.06%
128 35.56%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Thinking about repurchasing Ocarina for my 3DS. This will be the second time I've owned that particular version if I do. Also maybe I will finally buy and play Majora's Mask. I never have for a number of reasons.

And Happy Wednesday thread. It's snowing here outside DC which means I will have to drive 200 miles in potentially icy roads tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Is this the year I play vagrant story

https://twitter.com/kuraine/status/1359523519810269194?s=19

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
in the misadventures of tron bonne you can command your servbots to investigate specific things by aiming a beacon at them and if, during a bank robbery mission, you throw a beacon at a cop car, they will run up and steal the tires and lights right off of it

it's a weird game and kinda feels almost like it was designed for mobile in some regards but it's real cute. i'm glad you can give unique names to all forty servbots and help them achieve their potential on an individual level

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

All I know is "I am the reinforcements"

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Whizzing Wizard posted:

could have removed the HAH! every time Link does anything while they were at it

SKANK

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
GTA4: I was just on a boat cruising across the waters of Liberty City at nighttime and drat the way the lights of the city reflect off the water is just fantastic. That's some of the most impressive graphics I can remember seeing

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I wont play it again until its remade cause the menu is onerous as hell for constantly switching gear and i think the timed button pressing is not synched right on my vita emulator version the way like parappa is also hosed up

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Lotta talk on Twitter lately about it, I've been tempted.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

of all the very bad not good new Pokemon to pick on, choosing Litwick is a crime. You could have picked Barbacle, maybe the worst thing anyone has ever drawn

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

everyone will now name pokemon they dont like and the silent majority will look up them and realise "all of these are insanely cool actually"

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

hands up! haha gotcha jk

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The only bad pokemon are the ones that don't evolve

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm gonna pick on the furbait Pokemon they keep adding

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
some of the new evo lines are pretty fun

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

"Gameplay systems that make it stand out even today" but not in like, a positive way

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Looper posted:

hands up! haha gotcha jk

this is without a doubt my absolute least favorite pokemon

look at it. it is so ugly

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i love how stupid it looks so it owns

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I've never seen that one before, what's it called? Grabbler?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Cardiovorax posted:

Barbacle. You know, the barnacle Pokemon. Could you not tell it was supposed to be a barnacle? Can't imagine why.......

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
That really is not very barnacle-like, no, but what do I know about Pokemon zoology? :shrug:

I think I prefer Grabbler.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Cardiovorax posted:

Talktotha

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

That genuinely made me laugh out loud, lol.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Grabbler evolves into Golblem

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

iirc Grabbler is one of the few Hatred/Fighting types in the game so he has a place in most parties

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I remember seeing some Excel sheet about how you are "supposed to" level specific weapons in that game and it made me stop playing.

Great art direction and style though, probably the most impressive game technically on the system. I think DF retro did a video on it

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

here you go, my 6 least favorite pokemon

god there's so many bad ones

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Bulbasaur is always gonna be my #1 guy. I love him so much.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

e: post so nice i made it twice!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

The OG starters are just the best. There's a lot of others that I like but none of them feel as cool as the red/blue starters.

dreamless
Dec 18, 2013

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

:yeah:

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Vagrant Story rocks. I remember renting it when it came out but getting kind of stuck around one of the Dragon bosses. I played it again a few years ago and beat it finally. The menus are a little clunky but all the stuff about proper weapon set up is overblown after a decade of grognards trying to min-max the system. Have a weapon of each type (blunt, slashing, piercing) and that’s about all you need to beat the game. If you die maybe make your way back to a workshop and tinker for a bit then try again. It isn’t a *hard* game by any stretch

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Kerrzhe posted:

how dare you disparage dracovish. there is no better fossil pokemon in the entire series.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Barbacle. You know, the barnacle Pokemon. Could you not tell it was supposed to be a barnacle? Can't imagine why.......

when i looked up the pic, bulbapedia said it's based on the goose barnacle, or this thing

marine life is weird

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Kerrzhe posted:

God the Home art does NOT do any favors

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Looper posted:

when i looked up the pic, bulbapedia said it's based on the goose barnacle, or this thing

marine life is weird
I can vaguely see the similarity. Very vaguely, but I suppose it's something.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

yeah the penguin with a big block of ice on its head sucks lol ok "whatever you say"

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Kerrzhe posted:

six good dogs in this picture

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

New Super Metis posted:

how dare you disparage dracovish. there is no better fossil pokemon in the entire series.

the sword/shield fossil pokemon are abominations that should not exist

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Kerrzhe posted:

the sword/shield fossil pokemon are abominations that should not exist

yeah they're created by a mad scientist jamming together fossils from two separate species and they rule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

"[Dracovish] is resurrected from combining a Fossilized Fish and Fossilized Drake."

Well, that's certainly a bit on the nose, naming-wise.