Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Milo and POTUS posted:

The shrink owns but I'm weak to any sort of shrinking episode or movie

The Shrink is a great episode, and the running gag it introduces of the eternal (but not unkillable) Dr. Ray is fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
The Shrink, Stanny-boy & Fran-tastic, and The Life & Times of Stan Smith are all good episodes that make me vaguely uneasy for some reason.

I, too, love the dying Shrink gag. :unsmith:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Haley getting real excited about the bushes in the shrink was hilarious because anyone who's ever smoked has held up a bud in hand and said drat it does look like a little tree

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

The shrink epsidoes are great because it gave us this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8H-0z9yGCM

This is the only one I could fine so sorry about the quality. It also shows the shrink getting eaten by an escalator and my god is this show unbelievable with its gore. The best example of gore in this show will always be https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d3nxazalw4&t=198s

That's a great YouTube channel btw and I've lost hours to it.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
It's Stan hammering out Hailey's eyeball. I literally can't watch that without feeling nauseous even with the real simple cartoon design of the show. Maybe I just have a thing about eyeballs.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

muscles like this! posted:

American Fung isn't a good episode but I think I would take it over something like Dammmm, Stan! from the most recent season. At least American Fung is weird while the other one (which is the episode where Stan dams a river and becomes a lake person) is just kind of mediocre.

That one does at least have the alligator bit

limp_cheese posted:

The shrink epsidoes are great because it gave us this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8H-0z9yGCM

This is the only one I could fine so sorry about the quality. It also shows the shrink getting eaten by an escalator and my god is this show unbelievable with its gore. The best example of gore in this show will always be https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d3nxazalw4&t=198s

That's a great YouTube channel btw and I've lost hours to it.

I've never liked them having Roger become a murderer, it ruins the humor with him as a character

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

It's Stan hammering out Hailey's eyeball. I literally can't watch that without feeling nauseous even with the real simple cartoon design of the show. Maybe I just have a thing about eyeballs.

A lot of people have a particular problem with eye gore.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Like Doctor Frankenstein for instance

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

The one episode where Stan keeps grinding his teeth in response to Steve's nerd habits to the point where one of his teeth pops up *shudders*

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I think the most I've ever been bothered by gore/violence in this show is in 300 when Stan tries to cut open Francine's head with a buzzsaw.

That was some horror movie poo poo right there.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

The way Stan just zombies out when getting the nail in the skull is what got me.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I think the most I've ever been bothered by gore/violence in this show is in 300 when Stan tries to cut open Francine's head with a buzzsaw.

That was some horror movie poo poo right there.

That's the one for me too!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Two things I'm surprised haven't been mentioned:
1) Stan's leg bone coming out & being chewed on by the dog in Stanny-boy & Frantastic
2) Kisses's reanimation in Stan's Best Friend

I'm not bothered by either, I just thought other people would be.

The most I've been bothered by gore on the show was when Roger slurps Jeff's brain out so he can rebirth him.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

In Criss Cross Applesauce when Roger's fractured tibia pokes through the skin and Yao Yao Ming falls on it.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

YeahTubaMike posted:

Roger’s reaction to the new and improved Kisses.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

limp_cheese posted:

In Criss Cross Applesauce when Roger's fractured tibia pokes through the skin and Yao Yao Ming falls on it.

You on a roll today Applesauce!

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

limp_cheese posted:

The way Stan just zombies out when getting the nail in the skull is what got me.

I still think about how easily the nail sinks in

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I love the tantrums Jeff was throwing

SO UNFAIR

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

IT'S POOP FOOD

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Roger’s reaction to the new and improved Kisses.

Steve's reaction to the new and improved Kisses is also great. :haw:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I could have lived without seeing Francine's acid ravaged face.

YES! I AM MAYOR OF JAM CITY!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

YeahTubaMike posted:

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Francine eating mozzarella cheese like it's an apple

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Francine eating mozzarella cheese like it's an apple

Seriously though: What was up with that? Francine is freaking weird man.

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Seriously though: What was up with that? Francine is freaking weird man.

She can drain a two-liter of Sunkist in like a second. Freaks people out.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg7mdVlAENE
An American Dad edit.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

This is hilarious, and it also made me feel like a massive nerd for getting all of the references.

Well, at least I'll have a lunch table to sit at.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

*sits at the Baten Kaitos table*

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Fallout and Skyrim don’t go to the school apparently. :saddowns:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It was very nice to see Official American Dad Writer The Weeknd performing at the Super Bowl. Good for him.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

Fallout and Skyrim don’t go to the school apparently. :saddowns:

Be very weird for them to go to the jrpg school

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

With follow up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buabZ-lKQzI

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Not American Dad, but relevant to that specific YouTube video: https://youtu.be/TWg_InYKEL8

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

limp_cheese posted:

It also shows the shrink getting eaten by an escalator and my god is this show unbelievable with its gore.

That escalator's seen a lot of death over the show's run. The dictator from Isla Island, Steve's cobbler, Dr. Ray...

Oh Snapple! posted:

I still think about how easily the nail sinks in

First time I saw that scene, I had to pause because I was laughing too hard. It skeeved me out but the abruptness and smoothness of it caught me off guard.

YeahTubaMike posted:

Then the first episode at TBS was the episode where Hayley dyes her hair blonde to get people to care about the environment, so it came in with a whimper too.

I generally love how AD! handles death scenes, but Hayley and Francine killing the guard with a dance off was probably in my top five.

FireWorksWell fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Feb 10, 2021

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

FireWorksWell posted:

That escalator's seen a lot of death over the show's run.

You talking about Chad? I've been talking to a lot goons that knew him, that's pretty cool.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Klaus's buddies from Tampa are so specific and defined that someone on thr staff has to know people like that.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Still wish they did klaus in other bodies more often

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The episode where Steve and Stan start to compete has some pretty great bits. Like Steve confirming that he was coming for Stan and then Stan getting back at him by banging Francine in front of him.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

The boy seeks to outlive you!

Steve, is this true?

W-well the natural order of things being as it is--

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

twistedmentat posted:

Klaus's buddies from Tampa are so specific and defined that someone on thr staff has to know people like that.

I sometimes wonder if one of the writers is a Chapo fan because Klaus has become such a Felix Biederman character over the years.