Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also our grumpiness never even reached close to actual threat levels, we were just mad about an internet forum doing lovely things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Fluffydaddy's biggest claim to fame was telling a person talking about their sexual assault story that "No one cares" and then admitting he didn't actually read the post before responding.

Somehow that brain genius was made an admin.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Flavius Aetass posted:

People outside of C-SPAM are not going to give that post an enormous assumption of good faith that is our basis for looking at it.

People outside of CSPAM will NEVER give this place the benefit of the doubt. It's a waste of time to try an earn it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Doing respectability politics with my forum about talking about how bullshit that kind of posturing is.

hapsby
Oct 12, 2012

I just think this judgy rabbit makes a good av.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Fluffydaddy's biggest claim to fame was telling a person talking about their sexual assault story that "No one cares" and then admitting he didn't actually read the post before responding.

Somehow that brain genius was made an admin.

i heard they alienated trans posters in the minority report so severely that they all left... this only confirms that for me. thank you for posting this info, comrade

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

hapsby posted:

i heard they alienated trans posters in the minority report so severely that they all left... this only confirms that for me. thank you for posting this info, comrade

This is... not what happened

But the actual explanation is completely mind-numbing and would take hours

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

hapsby posted:

TGRS/TMR went from a sort of active forum to...currently 4 active users looking at it and only 300 new posts in the most active thread since I stopped reading it over a year ago.

They also oversaw QCS going from the Corporate Help Desk mode to the FYAD-lite where the same 4 people respond to every thread going "I don't care about this so it's not an issue."

They suck rear end. They've always sucked rear end. The fact that they were made an admin is...it's at least Jeffry keeping in SA tradition of putting the dumbest posters in power.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Doing respectability politics with my forum about talking about how bullshit that kind of posturing is.

also, the exact thread that hates it the most

hapsby
Oct 12, 2012

oooh, okay. looks like i have some reading to do & apologies to make. thank you for the corrections <3

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
TMR was created to act as the personal fiefdom of some of the worst posters ever to grace this site who have all flamed out in spectacular ways but sure let's blame the one guy we're mad at for unrelated reasons

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

I appreciate the irony but I've never thought that the hostility we should have for politicians should extend to fellow goons. You may disagree and there are certainly exceptions but I feel pretty strongly about making C-SPAM a welcoming place. Sure, some people need to be told to gently caress off or have their taint ran, but at the end of the day i don't think you should be thinking of anyone here as your real life enemy when it is just posting.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

some plague rats posted:

TMR was created to act as the personal fiefdom of some of the worst posters ever to grace this site who have all flamed out in spectacular ways but sure let's blame the one guy we're mad at for unrelated reasons

it was created because any attempt at minority-issues-focused discussion in d&d got trolled to poo poo and back

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Yinlock posted:

it was created because any attempt at minority-issues-focused discussion in d&d got trolled to poo poo and back

That's true, I should have said "once TMR was created it became the fiefdom of etc"

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Flavius Aetass posted:

I appreciate the irony but I've never thought that the hostility we should have for politicians should extend to fellow goons. You may disagree and there are certainly exceptions but I feel pretty strongly about making C-SPAM a welcoming place. Sure, some people need to be told to gently caress off or have their taint ran, but at the end of the day i don't think you should be thinking of anyone here as your real life enemy when it is just posting.

When a thread has been constantly complaining about mods doing absolutely nothing about their complaints of people coming in specifically to troll and start poo poo, don't expect anyone to care what the mods have to say when the criticism finally falls on them :shrug:

Y'all ignored the thread until it was too personally inconvenient for you to ignore, and that's a fact.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Flavius Aetass posted:

The d&d poo poo talking was often not fun or funny to an outside observer. It was very obvious to anyone outside of the succ zone that you weren't just kidding around and making fun of some goons. There was some real, genuine hostility and meanness that had been allowed to fester based on old interforum grudges that elsewhere had passed into "high school rivalry" territory.

Homeless Friend posted:

look. the admins had a feeling, and they acted on it. and im thankful

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Flavius Aetass posted:

I think it's ok to get genuinely mad at people doing disgusting poo poo

leftists as a whole actually care about things, and so we get mad at lovely people being lovely

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Flavius Aetass posted:

Sure, some people need to be told to gently caress off or have their taint ran, but at the end of the day i don't think you should be thinking of anyone here as your real life enemy when it is just posting.

Nah. The people over there and anywhere else that said poo poo like 'she was lying about rape for money' are my real life enemies. The reaction to Tara Reade was absolutely disgusting.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
double post

Dixon Chisholm fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Feb 11, 2021

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
We all know how I feel about the mods but the only credit I will ever give them is that they were smart enough to ignore the succ zone and never attempt to read it

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Dixon Chisholm posted:

Nah. The people over there and anywhere else that said poo poo like 'she was lying about rape for money' are my real life enemies. The reaction to Tara Reade was absolutely disgusting.
Also true

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

some plague rats posted:

We all know how I feel about the mods but the only credit I will ever give them is that they were smart enough to ignore the succ zone and never attempt to read it

yeah, me spending 5 years posting variations of "trlumo" instead of reading the succ zone was a tactical decision

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Dixon Chisholm posted:

this is where i'm at

contrary to earlier, bizarre claims about me I do not think my posting is going to unite the 5 communism crystals and usher in utopia for everyone

I just really loving hate rape apologists, because they are bad people

hapsby
Oct 12, 2012

Yinlock posted:

this is where i'm at

contrary to earlier, bizarre claims about me I do not think my posting is going to unite the 5 communism crystals and usher in utopia for everyone

I just really loving hate rape apologists, because they are bad people

had to think about workplace assault too much to formulate a good response but:

comrade yinlock is 100% correct here

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Rape apologists ftl

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Flavius Aetass posted:

yeah, me spending 5 years posting variations of "trlumo" instead of reading the succ zone was a tactical decision

a poor one

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

some plague rats posted:

This is... not what happened

But the actual explanation is completely mind-numbing and would take hours

its pretty simple, he was given a flamewar forum (founded with some legit grievance there tho) where a bunch of people squatted in it to fight for great forum justice against the fyad forces lol. he dgaf (can't blame em too hard) so he just nuked it. the front page wars were by far the funniest chapter. hes got that bad guy admin job, a blackguard type u could say

hapsby
Oct 12, 2012

Roth posted:

Rape apologists ftl

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Homeless Friend posted:

its pretty simple, he was given a flamewar forum (founded with some legit grievance there tho) where a bunch of people squatted in it to fight for great forum justice against the fyad forces lol. he dgaf (can't blame em too hard) so he just nuked it. the front page wars were by far the funniest chapter. hes got that bad guy admin job, a blackguard type u could say

he mostly "nuked" it by insta-probing/banning anyone who ever questioned him and generally acting like a petty tyrant

whether you not you think that's justified you gotta admit he was probably the most perfectly wrong person to be admin after a major Forums Scandal painting the staff as out-of-touch authoritarian weirdos

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Homeless Friend posted:

This leaves out so many amazing details, like the barney troubles, and the Koalas March saga, and the sundown forum idea

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

but i digress, the fact remains that rape apologists are bad and genuinely hating them is good

hapsby
Oct 12, 2012

Yinlock posted:

but i digress, the fact remains that rape apologists are bad and genuinely hating them is good

e: deltarune barney was funny because they were bitter and angry over slights they made up in their own head. their obsession with being a victim wasn't cspam or fyad's fault.

hapsby fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Feb 11, 2021

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The trans thread was planning to leave regardless of what happened and who was mod. They were already planning on leaving for BnR under KM.

hapsby
Oct 12, 2012

hey, why can't i post images itt? is my phone loving up? the app? ....or am i being silenced...

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

hapsby posted:

again - i respect and like you, flav. and i am not going to delve too deeply into my own personal hangups. but ms. reade's trauma is one i personally relate to as it happened to me, and that is as far as i am comfortable to divulge, because i've SEEN the pieces of poo poo in dnd acting like workplace assault is either the victim's fault or an all-out lie they have decided to randomly employ despite being fully aware that absolute subhumans will use to make the victim sound like some hussy trying to make a quick buck or get fifteen minutes of fame.

but ms. reade recieved no money, no fame, no sympathy. she is a laughingstock. insane bitch rear end in a top hat fuckers literally analyze her tweets to see if she "sounds russian". they comb through her credit history. hey, my credit score sucks rear end too--but all that means is that i'm poor. my finances have nothing to do with what my former boss did to me.

we should be allowed to call them monsters for this. if you disagree, then you disagree. but i reserve my right to bitch about the heartless, bloodless, soulless monsters who think "a little rape is okay as long as i get to go back to brunch."

again - i like flav and i think they agree with my take here. twoday is also good. but there is a definite disconnect between them and admins like this fluff daddy dude who seems to think we should just shut the gently caress up about the biden administration, despite the fact that he has credible rape accusations levied against him. and hell, even without ms. reade, he still has coons' granddaughter, or, even worse, all his female secret service agents who biden forces to watch him swim naked.

okay sorry i'll go back to being silly, but i needed this off my chest

I like your style.

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
Is it the forums or this thread that are hosed right now? My shits messed up.

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

samantonio posted:

Is it the forums or this thread that are hosed right now? My shits messed up.

The hamster powering the servers is dead and needs to be replaced

hapsby
Oct 12, 2012

samantonio posted:

I like your style.

thank you, comrade. I'm going to smile for the rest of my evening because of your kind words <3

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Roth posted:

The trans thread was planning to leave regardless of what happened and who was mod. They were already planning on leaving for BnR under KM.

tbf this was due in good part to KM stoking a big dumbass fire by feeding folks a bunch of poo poo that was definitely outright lies to try to reach adminship

KM is pretty much the only person I continue to hold antipathy toward from the troubles at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

hapsby posted:

thank you, comrade. I'm going to smile for the rest of my evening because of your kind words <3

Well then that picture is for you.

Viginti Septem fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Feb 11, 2021